XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Convertable top

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 09:51 PM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Convertable top

Back window fell out of my 2012 XKR. Jag said they couldn't fix and new top about $4,000. Went to a local shop, they would reglue for $600 and only 30 day guarantee. They quoted me $1700 for a new EZ On top with a lifetime window guarantee. Same fabrics as the factory original. The shop has done Porsche, Maserati etc. and has a good reputation. Research on the top looks good. I'm going to go for it. Anyone else had experience with this replacement brand?

Old 06-15-2017, 11:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,183 Likes on 895 Posts

No, but there are multiple threads regarding rear windows and regluing them. Before you pop for a new top suggest you do further research on the Forum using the search box in the above right corner. In addition, it wouldn't hurt to contact Jaguar USA to see if they will do something for you. If memory serves somebody else with the same issue got some help from the. Good luck!

Old 06-16-2017, 06:04 AM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks, I read those posts. Seems the cost for repairing the window is normal. My decision to buy a top was based on - $600 for unguaranteed repair on 5 year old top vs. new guaranteed top for $1,100 more. I'm keeping the car for the foreseeable future so this makes sense. The problem with the both repair and new top is labor. Top has to be removed in both cases and that cost is $600 (8 hours). Also when glued for repair, it takes 4 days with the top off for the adhesive to cure. My last cabrio was a hardtop. Something I will consider next time.