Sponsored by: DashLynx

Cquartz Finest / Ceramic coatings

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 08:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 85 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Cquartz Finest / Ceramic coatings

Any of you guys got a ceramic coatings on your cars? cquartz? or Opti coat
wandering if 2 polishs and 2 layers can be done in one day.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 03-27-2016 at 08:45 AM.
Old 03-27-2016, 11:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,380 Likes on 1,607 Posts

I use Cquartz. And have for sometime. I know the company principals and its legitimate.
You have a black car like mine- I know its an AM but dont worry it a copy of the XK couple.
The area that it really helps the most is during drying the car. It repels water and the XK like the AM has lots of curved areas. So it has cut my washing time by half because I can use a blower and the water flies off it. Then wipe with one towel instead of 4. I dont leave a spot!

It will only take 2 hours to put the Cquartz on. Be careful what polish you use, if it leaves oil, like most do, ceramic will not work well. I use the polish that is easiest to remove- Menzerrna

The following users liked this post:
jagxk2008 (03-27-2016)
Old 03-27-2016, 11:33 AM
Veteran Member

Why do you want to do 2 layers. Its like eating lunch and dinner at one time. Much better to do it again in 6 months.
They also make a product to refresh the coating.
Be careful with streaking on black paint.

jagxk2008 (03-27-2016)
Old 03-27-2016, 12:25 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Queen and Country
I use Cquartz. And have for sometime. I know the company principals and its legitimate.
You have a black car like mine- I know its an AM but dont worry it a copy of the XK couple.
The area that it really helps the most is during drying the car. It repels water and the XK like the AM has lots of curved areas. So it has cut my washing time by half because I can use a blower and the water flies off it. Then wipe with one towel instead of 4. I dont leave a spot!

It will only take 2 hours to put the Cquartz on. Be careful what polish you use, if it leaves oil, like most do, ceramic will not work well. I use the polish that is easiest to remove- Menzerrna
Thank you Queen and Country,
I was thinking to hire somebody but they need 2-3 days and I do not feel good leaving the car so long.
I m hesitant using cquartz myself, any advices you have will be welcome.
I know I need a product to remove all oils and waxes first, i can depoluate the car, wash it, probably remove all wax and oils etc...but then i am unsure I will do well with the cquartz, the small leather towel which you used with the pad, is it enough ? don't we need more? i red people realizing spot where they put too much of this cquartz...

Old 03-27-2016, 01:26 PM
Veteran Member

Its easy to use as long as you follow some simple instructions that my friend has posted.

The trick is to do one small section at a time and in your case make sure you have really good lighting. So you can see where you have missed and applied too much. Yes you will need extra "leather" from them (its actually lintless microfiber)

If you learn to do it instead of hiring someone you will be able to do this going forward. I find that I take more care than my servants.

But if I was you I would NOT use ceramic at all. I only use it for winter protection. For a car like AM and XK that is rarely driven, wax is MUCH better. It gives you the same benefits and is a pleasure to use.

Also Cquartz has a polish now that has the ceramic in it. In most show cars this is enough. And yes it has a very good shine more than any coating.

I recommend a good wax in your case.

jagxk2008 (03-27-2016)
Old 03-27-2016, 02:29 PM
Veteran Member

This is the alternative I was talking about.https://carpro.uk.com/collections/pa...cts/essence250

One thing to keep in mind about 2 year finishes like Cquartz is that you cant put anything on top of it like wax. And you eventually have to take it off, which requires a lot of polishing. It really meant for people who dont want to wax a car every 3 months. I want to! So I have some regrets about using Cquartz.

The way all these coatings work is simple. If you put pure nano ceramic on your car, it will fall off in a few washes. So they mix it with glue that sticks it to your car. The ceramic will fall off the glue too, but takes over a year. The glue stays longer and has to be removed by polishing.

The following 2 users liked this post by Queen and Country:
jagxk2008 (03-27-2016), Robert Wagner (06-20-2019)
Old 03-27-2016, 04:17 PM
Veteran Member

This is the alternative I was talking about.https://carpro.uk.com/collections/pa...cts/essence250

One thing to keep in mind about 2 year finishes like Cquartz is that you cant put anything on top of it like wax. And you eventually have to take it off, which requires a lot of polishing. It really meant for people who dont want to wax a car every 3 months. I want to! So I have some regrets about using Cquartz.

The way all these coatings work is simple. If you put pure nano ceramic on your car, it will fall off in a few washes. So they mix it with glue that sticks it to your car. The ceramic will fall off the glue too, but takes over a year. The glue stays longer and has to be removed by polishing.
Thanks a lot, i will not use the car rarely but almost everyday or every 2 days.
My paint is beautiful, and i wander then if i want polish it and do the cquartz, i am sure i definatly don't what leave it 2-3 days.
thanks your explanations make it really simple to understand. yes i red about "reload" and car essence, thanks.

Old 03-27-2016, 05:29 PM
Veteran Member

Incidentally, cquartz is Fantastic for wheels, you will never have difficulty cleaning brakedust off.

If you want show winning shine coatings are not for you. They are not bad, but they dont give that dripping wet look on Black cars that is so beautiful.

Last edited by Queen and Country; 03-27-2016 at 05:32 PM.
MCX (04-09-2024)
Old 03-28-2016, 02:13 AM
Veteran Member

Incidentally, cquartz is Fantastic for wheels, you will never have difficulty cleaning brakedust off.

If you want show winning shine coatings are not for you. They are not bad, but they dont give that dripping wet look on Black cars that is so beautiful.
But how to spray it on wheels with an aerograph?
thank you for all your infos, I will not do it then, it be another 800 e to care for the care instead. and I can't leave it 3 days.
You are right about polishing the car every 3 months, that's allow you to know your paint and what's going on and maybe review twice where you park. I am going to buy an orbital machine.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 03-28-2016 at 02:57 AM.
Old 03-28-2016, 07:54 AM
Veteran Member

Applied with those small yellow microfiber pieces of cloth. The cloth they give you to clean your sunglasses works better.

Let me know if you need help with polishes/wax

Old 03-30-2016, 09:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

I am a wax guy. I would consider the cquartz on the wheels, but even those hardly get dirty as the car gets washed once a week.

To avoid any oil or contaminants, wipe each section with lightly diluted rubbing alcohol.

Last edited by mosesbotbol; 03-30-2016 at 09:17 AM.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:42 AM
Veteran Member

Moses sounds like you are serious detail guy. You would love the ceramic on the wheels because it takes half the time to clean and in the winter months it can be safely skipped, iron will not bond to paint.

You got a hot water hose or something outside. You could not get me to go outside to a sauna in Boston winters.

Old 03-30-2016, 10:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Moses sounds like you are serious detail guy. You would love the ceramic on the wheels because it takes half the time to clean and in the winter months it can be safely skipped, iron will not bond to paint.

You got a hot water hose or something outside. You could not get me to go outside to a sauna in Boston winters.
As long as the water does not freeze in the hose, I am washing my car. There were some weeks in the winter I could not wash the car. I drain the hose each time I wash the car in colder months. Ice in the hose is a royal pain. I am planning to put a hot water plumbing in my garage to wash the cars indoors next season. The garage floor is pitched enough to drain the water and a good floor squeegee will speed the process. I don't use a gun on the hose. Just the raw hose that has the end cut off so the water is gentle and doesn't spray everywhere.

I tell friends that they should wash cars with the same pressure as washing a horse.

Old 03-30-2016, 11:48 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
I tell friends that they should wash cars with the same pressure as washing a horse.
Really great advice on what to say if I ever let someone else wash the car. "You want to treat it like you are trying to get dirt off a horse, not get a horse off"

The following 2 users liked this post by Queen and Country:
jagxk2008 (04-03-2016), MCX (04-09-2024)
Old 03-31-2016, 09:39 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jagxk2008
Any of you guys got a ceramic coatings on your cars? cquartz? or Opti coat
wandering if 2 polishs and 2 layers can be done in one day.
C Quartz!
These are after a quick wash.
I use the blower and then a quick microfiber dry. No swirls.

The C Quartz was applied almost 2 years ago.

Last edited by SoCal-LBC; 03-31-2016 at 09:43 PM.
jagxk2008 (04-03-2016)
Old 03-31-2016, 10:43 PM
Veteran Member

Jagxk2008 there is new coating in the market. It's called Onion Coatz, it cost $2700.00 US. It has to be applied in 27 coats, you have to wait 12 hours between each coat.

http://http://www.autopia-carcare.co...l#.Vv3tictOnk9

jagxk2008 (04-03-2016)
Old 04-01-2016, 06:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,894 Likes on 1,285 Posts

Jagxk2008 there is new coating in the market. It's called Onion Coatz, it cost $2700.00 US. It has to be applied in 27 coats, you have to wait 12 hours between each coat.

Old 04-03-2016, 06:28 AM
Veteran Member

yah send this product to my guy in spain and we re there for 2 years and a half...

I did a 600 miles trip, my car rev was at 700, in a garage at 20 degrees, after this trip, its a bit colder here but rev is 1000-1100. then goes down to 900 at best. Will check again today.

i saw this happening with the xkr too, when you drive it with spirit. is it normal for you guys? it just have been serviced.

and I noticed my drive shaft need to be checked, when cold and i release the accelerator i could hear some noise on 2 km only, it was the same with the xkr. Need to be tied up or re balanced? is that correct?

I like a lot the rapide otherwise, its different than the xkr and its much more presence on the road, firm, like he hit the macadam real bad....like a track car, no ratle , just a bit noisy new bridgestone tire that will last. its not fluid like the xkr, light/potency but more firm, and very stable.

we went back to Lagos Portugal, Vilamoura, and Quinta do lago.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 04-03-2016 at 06:38 AM.
Old 04-03-2016, 07:00 AM
Veteran Member

Applied with those small yellow microfiber pieces of cloth. The cloth they give you to clean your sunglasses works better.

Let me know if you need help with polishes/wax
Queen and Country,

I was thinking to buy an orbital polish, and maybe the polish you mentioned earlier. I never used a machine like this before. I did watch a dozain of videos. Maybe since its a black paint, i will go with one for black paint.

Old 04-03-2016, 08:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts

I own a few premium sports cars. 2009 Jaguar XKR, 2014 Porsche 981 and 2015 Corvette C7. 2017 Kia Sportage (non-sport car).

All the cars have a ceramic paint coating.

All of my vehicles go thru this process of detailing as DIY projects, time is the consideration and takes 4 to 5 hours to properly detail the vehicles. This makes a great weekend project and if retired, you should have plenty of time to complete your car.

1) Hand wash with Dawn detergent to remove any oil contaminants.
2) Nano Skin wash mitt (fine grade) to remove micro grit and contaminants from the paint surface that is sight unseen. This is new technology vs using a clay bar which is now old school.
3) Hand wash the car again using a spot free Duragloss car wash.
4) Polish the car using a 6" Dual Action buffer with yellow polishing pads.
5) Polish used is either Meguiars 205 or Blackfire Polish & Seal.
6) Polish is then hand buffed using high-quality microfiber towels.
7) Nano Ceramic Paint Coating used is the Pinnacle Black Diamond Paint Coating V2.
8) Ceramic Paint Coating is applied with a small sponge type Lake Country Applicator.
9) The vehicle needs to sit overnight for the ceramic paint coating to bond to the paint surface. Only 1 coat is suggested. More than 1 coat is not necessary and would be considered overkill.
10) You can apply a wax of your choice but is not needed over a nano ceramic paint coating.

Once this process is completed in these steps, the follow-up to wash and dry the car is a simple 20-30 minute wash and dry. I use an Air Force Master Blaster dryer to dry the car. The dryer provides filtered and heated air. I do not suggest using a lawn yard leaf blower to dry cars. The air is not filtered, and micro debris will hit the paint surface.

The results are superior and can be done as a DIY project for under $150.00 vs a professional detail shop charging in excess of $1200 for the same process.

The shine and reflective qualities of the paint is simply stunning. I belong to the local British Car Club and have done this process for many members who own very expensive classic Brit Cars.

Some photos of my cars and 1 rare Brit Car attached.

Click the thumbnail image to expand and click again for full screen.

Attached Thumbnails Cquartz Finest / Ceramic coatings-dsc_0003.jpg   Cquartz Finest / Ceramic coatings-dsc_0021.jpg   Cquartz Finest / Ceramic coatings-dsc_0097.jpg   Cquartz Finest / Ceramic coatings-dsc_0004.jpg   Cquartz Finest / Ceramic coatings-dsc_0006.jpg  

Cquartz Finest / Ceramic coatings-dsc_0034.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by richzak:
jagxk2008 (04-03-2016), MCX (04-09-2024)

Quick Reply: Cquartz Finest / Ceramic coatings