XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Cremona wheels on an XK/XKR

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 03:09 PM
Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Cremona wheels on an XK/XKR

Hi, my 2007 XKR is now almost 6 years old and I'm thinking of smartening it up a little and making some changes.

I've always liked the Cremona 20" wheels, which appeared on the 2008 Portfolio. Mine has 20" Senta's, which are nice, but after nearly 80K miles are starting to look a little tired (from up close - they still look great from a distance!).

Does anyone have an XK/XKR with Cremona wheels and if so can you supply some photos? Are there any other photos around that you have seen?

Any idea where you can get these wheels? I asked my local Jaguar dealer but they didn't seem interested and never got back to me. I live in the UK (Leeds to be precise).

Old 03-18-2013, 03:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

I see them on Ebay now and then. I do some routine searches and see if they come up. Would you be happy just refinishing your current wheels?

Old 03-18-2013, 03:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 85 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
I see them on Ebay now and then. I do some routine searches and see if they come up. Would you be happy just refinishing your current wheels?
there was a nice grey set from a xkr s new with paint defect but fitted with new pirelli too, on ebay lately. Fabulous wheels, but seller don't respond to emails.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:57 AM

Mosesbotbol, I like the idea of a new set of wheels to give my XKR a slightly different look, rather than refurbishing my current Senta's.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:17 PM

I called a few Jaguar dealers today and one of them said they could get me a set of 4 Cremonas for my 2007 XKR for £1,900, which includes a 20% discount.

I now have to decide if I like them that much more than my Sentas

Old 03-20-2013, 03:51 PM

I used Photo shop to try to get a feel for what my car might look like with the new wheels.
What do you guys think? Which is the best look? Top (Senta) or bottom (Cremona)?

Old 03-20-2013, 08:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

The Sentas better, they look more "Jaguar".

Old 03-20-2013, 09:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 482 Likes on 403 Posts

I agree, the Sentas look better. It might depend on the color of the car, though.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:01 PM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I must say that I think the difference does not warrant the money. Don't get me wrong, but the Cremonas although they are beautiful does not look all that different from the Sentas... I know you want to change things up but this is a bit of a headscratcher to me...

Old 03-20-2013, 10:15 PM
Received 493 Likes on 372 Posts

I like 'em. And the red calipers too. But if you're going for the 5 spoke wheel, why not go all the way?

Attached Thumbnails Cremona wheels on an XK/XKR-image.jpg  
Old 03-20-2013, 11:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 325 Likes on 201 Posts

Sentas would be my preference.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:39 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 926 Likes on 607 Posts

Senta. They just fit the look of the more. Although, I do like the other rims. Have them refinished or cleaned up.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:36 AM
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Isn't that just the way it goes....when I was originally shopping for an XKR, I was really hoping to find a car with Sentas. In the end, I did settle for the Portfolio's Cremonas.

I do agree with everybody else that the Sentas look great as is, and that there isn't enough of a difference in the "look" to warrant that kind of expense. Your car looks great as is. Maybe have your wheels reconditioned to look like new? Or, if you just have to make a change, have the Sentas powdercoated (or chromed? Black chrome?) to try a different look.

Attached Thumbnails Cremona wheels on an XK/XKR-f68980e6.jpg   Cremona wheels on an XK/XKR-6e607695.jpg   Cremona wheels on an XK/XKR-7c8de44c.jpg   Cremona wheels on an XK/XKR-1a5f3688.jpg  
Old 03-21-2013, 03:27 AM

Thanks for all your feedback, it's much appreciated even though it isn't what I hoped for!
I agree that the Sentas a very nice wheels, but every (older XKR) I see has these wheels and I would like to make mine more individual. I guess the other reason is that I've been admiring the look of my XKR and I'm now wanting a change, but don't want to spend the money on a new car.

Amcdonal86, I agree that the polished cremonas probably look better on a darker coloured car, like aircav's, which I guess is why they only released the Portfolio in black.

Aircav's, it's photos like yours that make me want to change my wheels, your XKR Portfolio looks awesome.

Clearly, most people like the Sentas more than the Cremonas, which I didn't expect and given that they are £1900 (although I would hope to get £500 for my Sentas on the 2nd hand market) it makes it even more difficult to justify buying them.

I have considered refurbishing them (the photos were taken 6 years ago when the car was new) as they now have chips and wearing marks (possibly due to being too vigorous when cleaning them) but spending money this way will not give me a "new" look and I think this is what I want.

Decisions, decisions!

Old 03-21-2013, 05:14 AM
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by milleniumaire
Aircav's, it's photos like yours that make me want to change my wheels, your XKR Portfolio looks awesome.
Thanks for the compliment!

You want what you want. Nothing wrong with that!

Would these guys be of any help?

Old 03-21-2013, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by milleniumaire
Thanks for all your feedback, it's much appreciated even though it isn't what I hoped for!
I agree that the Sentas a very nice wheels, but every (older XKR) I see has these wheels and I would like to make mine more individual. I guess the other reason is that I've been admiring the look of my XKR and I'm now wanting a change, but don't want to spend the money on a new car.

Amcdonal86, I agree that the polished cremonas probably look better on a darker coloured car, like aircav's, which I guess is why they only released the Portfolio in black.

Clearly, most people like the Sentas more than the Cremonas, which I didn't expect and given that they are £1900 (although I would hope to get £500 for my Sentas on the 2nd hand market) it makes it even more difficult to justify buying them.

I have considered refurbishing them (the photos were taken 6 years ago when the car was new) as they now have chips and wearing marks (possibly due to being too vigorous when cleaning them) but spending money this way will not give me a "new" look and I think this is what I want.

Decisions, decisions!
I wouldn't dream of pushing a decision on you, but I would look into what a refurbishing could do for you. Check out a company maybe and have them show you some examples? I will be doing the same shortly since pretty much the only thing that is worn on my car are the Sentas it came with. Some curb rash is to be reckoned with I suppose.

Old 03-21-2013, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by AirCav
Isn't that just the way it goes....when I was originally shopping for an XKR, I was really hoping to find a car with Sentas. In the end, I did settle for the Portfolio's Cremonas.

I do agree with everybody else that the Sentas look great as is, and that there isn't enough of a difference in the "look" to warrant that kind of expense. Your car looks great as is. Maybe have your wheels reconditioned to look like new? Or, if you just have to make a change, have the Sentas powdercoated (or chromed? Black chrome?) to try a different look.
That truly is an impossibly pretty car! While I picked a vert for myself I still think the coupe is one of the most beautiful cars ever made...

Old 03-21-2013, 05:02 PM

AirCav, what polish do you use as your car has a seriously bright shine? I've just finished off some Autoglym High Definition Wax, but I'm looking for something better, possibly some Zymol Carbon Wax.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:04 PM
Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Cremona would be my choice. A more individual look.

Last edited by growler05; 03-21-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:08 AM

Thanks for the feedback growler05, you've hit the nail on the head - individuality. That's part of the reason for wanting to change the wheels, but I also have to feel the car will improve in looks if I'm going to spend that kind of money.

So far, from this thread and a few colleagues at work it is 5 for the Sentas, 3 for the Cremonas and 1 undecided.

At the end of the day I know it's down to what I want and how I think the car will look (which is difficult to determine as I only have my photo shop picture to go by).

When I look at the photos provided by AirCav, it's a no-brainer as I think his car looks awesome with those Cremonas, but mine is a different colour and possibly dark grey doesn't show off those wheels as well as black!

This thread has also made me aware that maybe my XKR wouldn't look as nice to others with the Cremonas and that's also a concern.

The other issue is that I haven't mentioned to my wife that I'm thinking of buying new wheels - there's no point upsetting her until I've made the decision! Now she's talking about going away to a nice sunny climate for a week at Easter. How do I tell her that I'm considering spending that spare cash on new wheels

Last edited by milleniumaire; 03-23-2013 at 03:17 AM.

Quick Reply: Cremona wheels on an XK/XKR