Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Does anyone live in Naples Fl.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 08:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts
Default Does anyone live in Naples Fl.

If anyone lives in Naples Fl. and has some time to take a look at this and provide some feedback it would be appreciated. Only issue is the Ivory interior. 2012 Used Jaguar XKR Soft Top at Jaguar Land Rover Aston Martin Bentley of Naples, FL, IID 8094759

Old 01-10-2014, 09:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by jagtoes
If anyone lives in Naples Fl. and has some time to take a look at this and provide some feedback it would be appreciated. Only issue is the Ivory interior. 2012 Used Jaguar XKR Soft Top at Jaguar Land Rover Aston Martin Bentley of Naples, FL, IID 8094759
I don't live in Florida, but this is one BEAUTIFUL XKR.......love the blue with blue top. Ivory interior makes this XKR look so classy.

XKR does have full Jaguar warranty....

Old 01-11-2014, 07:23 AM
Received 68 Likes on 43 Posts

don't live in Naples but that is a drop dead gorgeous color combo. I have ivory/slate interior in my 09 porcelein vert, the ivory is rare and I think classiest inter. What concerns do you have about it? Just keep it clean and conditioned , I use Lexol products, cant beat em. you can check specifics at 2012 Jaguar XK Data, Info and Specs | GTCarLot.com

Old 01-11-2014, 07:50 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Price seems fair but not spectacular, according to these records from pricehub.

2012 Jaguar XK | Sale Prices Paid | Car Reviews, Recalls & Research

Room to negotiate. Great looking car.

Old 01-11-2014, 08:04 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by bobdr1
don't live in Naples but that is a drop dead gorgeous color combo. I have ivory/slate interior in my 09 porcelein vert, the ivory is rare and I think classiest inter. What concerns do you have about it? Just keep it clean and conditioned , I use Lexol products, cant beat em. you can check specifics at 2012 Jaguar XK Data, Info and Specs | GTCarLot.com
I agree as the combo looks great. My concern is keeping it clean as it will be my daily driver except for winter. Being retired it will be used for golf and trips to the store. Also my weekend cruises and trips to Limerock Park race track. I have cream color seats in our Lexus and after 2 years you can see the change even though it gets cleaned once a week. So although this will be in my group of 1st choices I'll continue the search. Also they have a Black with 7K miles and it is listed for $5K less so there is also so playing with dollars. I have an appointment to see a Midnight color car in 2 weeks which looks promising too. I need to be careful that I just don't jump on the 1st one I see. I have this taste in my mouth to jump on something but it's winter up hear and I won't be able to enjoy it for a few months. I remember getting my Ferrari in August and drove it every day until the first snow , LOL. Also I'm trying to see if I can get one with ACC but it would not be a show stopper.

Old 01-11-2014, 08:06 AM
Received 134 Likes on 102 Posts

For the same price... why not get an xkrs?

Old 01-11-2014, 08:24 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by oncapanthera
Price seems fair but not spectacular, according to these records from pricehub.

2012 Jaguar XK | Sale Prices Paid | Car Reviews, Recalls & Research

Room to negotiate. Great looking car.
Yep and based on the site you posted most of the cars listed were coupes which have a tendency to sell for a little less which brings down the overall avg. price. I have also noticed that there is a fair size price drop from 2012 to 2011 which I assume to just be the "year" roll over. My top line is $75K which I believe is doable in the next few months. I also have to consider that without a trade I will get hit with a 7 1/2 % tax up here when I register it. So anything below $75K is a plus.

Old 01-11-2014, 08:27 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by R_Rated
For the same price... why not get an xkrs?
If there is a 2012 convert for $75K I'd do it provided the right combo is there. R or an RS fits my plan.

Old 01-11-2014, 11:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 482 Likes on 403 Posts

Very beautiful. Why didn't Jaguar have any interesting colors for the 4.2L XK/XKRs?!

Old 01-11-2014, 06:32 PM
Veteran Member

The salesman sent me the invoice sheet today with the options listed. The only option was Metal Peddles. So it is pretty much a base car. Also it is not CPO which would add another $2900 to the price. So even though it is a nice car it now moves down on my list. There are more out there and there will be more coming off lease in the next 3 months so the search goes on. By the way the price was $104,500.

Old 01-11-2014, 06:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts

The salesman sent me the invoice sheet today with the options listed. The only option was Metal Peddles. So it is pretty much a base car. Also it is not CPO which would add another $2900 to the price. So even though it is a nice car it now moves down on my list. There are more out there and there will be more coming off lease in the next 3 months so the search goes on. By the way the price was $104,500.
Interestingly, as we have been discussing under a different thread, one can pick up a 2012 XKR-S for the same price with the same, or lower, mileage.

Gorgeous color combo, though....

Albert

Old 01-11-2014, 06:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by amcdonal86
Very beautiful. Why didn't Jaguar have any interesting colors for the 4.2L XK/XKRs?!
That is what I have been wondering about for years now. They do have the color offerings for custom orders but, seems that most built cars are just varieties of grey, black and white. I, and anyone who saw my Emerald Fire/Caramel XK, thought that the color combo was striking. They should offer more of those real live color combos.

Have you noticed that many, or perhaps most, TV advertising is done with Red colored cars? Yet, not many on the roads. I personally love the Italian Racing Red or the older Radiance colors with light Caramel or, particularly Ivory interiors. Yet, they are hard to find.

Albert

Old 01-11-2014, 06:48 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by axr6
Interestingly, as we have been discussing under a different thread, one can pick up a 2012 XKR-S for the same price with the same, or lower, mileage.

Gorgeous color combo, though....

Albert
It appears that there are many coupes available at around 80K but so far I haven't seen any RS converts for under 80K. So far the best I've seen is a BRG 2013 XKR S convertible at $89K. But I'll keep lookin as something will turn up.

Old 01-11-2014, 06:56 PM
Veteran Member

It appears that there are many coupes available at around 80K but so far I haven't seen any RS converts for under 80K. So far the best I've seen is a BRG 2013 XKR S convertible at $89K. But I'll keep lookin as something will turn up.
You will have plenty of power with an XKR alone. With regular USA speed limits and most driving done in cities and towns, it would be really hard to exercise the full potential of the XKR-S and the HP available in an XKR-S.

These are rare cars and would think if your willing to run the XKR-S on a race track environment, then only..... would that be a consideration for a purchase.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:58 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by richzak
You will have plenty of power with an XKR alone. With regular USA speed limits and most driving done in cities and towns, it would be really hard to exercise the full potential of the XKR-S and the HP available in an XKR-S.

These are rare cars and would think if your willing to run the XKR-S on a race track environment, then only..... would that be a consideration for a purchase.
Rich I agree with the power issue and also that the standard XK power is more then enough. My track days (autocross and road course) days are over with the exception of some club events so whether it's 385HP or 510HP or 550HP it's immaterial. I set my sights on an R because it is unique but if I could get an RS that would be one step better. I'll be driving it at 30 mph and 70 mph so speed is not the issue (maybe a little ego , LOL). This will most likely be my last fun car and I am looking for something exotic and somewhat reliable. Coming from the Ferrari community my bro's over there keep pushing me into a TR or 355 but the costs associated with normal maintenance are outrageous. Things like timing belt changes at $10,000 tend to be out of my budget and I'm getting to old to continue to do them myself. So back to Jaguar and trying to get the most for my money in the way of model and options. This is just a little of my thinking.Thanks for your feedback and opinions.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:42 AM
Received 134 Likes on 102 Posts

Richzak. I have to disagree... it's not simply about the power. A 4.2l non supercharged model is more than enough power for "the street." The RS only has 40 extra hp. It's more about having something even more special or exclusive.

The following 2 users liked this post by R_Rated:
amcdonal86 (01-12-2014), dpwarner (01-18-2014)
Old 01-12-2014, 09:48 AM
Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Color combo looks great. Don't worry about the Ivory. I have 2011, Botanical Green, Green matching top with gray and ivory interior. Cleans up nice just stay on top of it. Being in Fl. the hood is down a lot so I have to keep the ivory clean. But go for it!! Good luck.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:25 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by R_Rated
Richzak. I have to disagree... it's not simply about the power. A 4.2l non supercharged model is more than enough power for "the street." The RS only has 40 extra hp. It's more about having something even more special or exclusive.
Actually I was referring to a non-supercharged vs supercharged engine....XK vs XKR, or XKR-S that's all.

You can only drive so fast on US roads and highways.

Although I have the XKR myself, because that is the way I found the Jaguar for sale, but I never really get to use the extra power that a supercharged engine delivers.

That was my point.

There are allot of very nice XK convertibles for sale in 2011, and 2012, and 2013 models, and are priced lower than an XKR or XKR-S. The cars are essentially the same expect for the engine under the bonnet/hood.

Considering the low number of overall XK sales, it is still an elusive vehicle compared to so many other brands.

Either way the XK, XKR, XKR-S are all beautiful cars.

Last edited by richzak; 01-12-2014 at 11:27 AM.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:03 PM
Received 68 Likes on 43 Posts

I would look at the 2010's, CPO, same cars, save yourself a ton of $$ at the prior owner's expense.

Old 01-12-2014, 04:18 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by bobdr1
I would look at the 2010's, CPO, same cars, save yourself a ton of $$ at the prior owner's expense.
I understand that there are not to many changes but the ones I would like is the backup camera , active headlights , wood trim and maybe ACC. I also like the LED headlights and the change in the side louvers. So that brings me to the 2012 and based on average pricing give me the target of $75K. I see the 2011's and 2010's are $8K- $12K difference but this is the last fun ride meaning I expect to keep it for at least 10 years.

Quick Reply: Does anyone live in Naples Fl.