XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Fixing seating position by cutting throttle rod

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 07:46 AM
Received 278 Likes on 103 Posts
Default Fixing seating position by cutting throttle rod

After having driven the car for some time, I've found the best seating position of the many many possibilities. Unfortunately that means that I have the seat/back is a so far right position that the upper left part of the Luxury seat rests on the conv top plastic cover, and I want to have the seat back further back which tilts it sideways. I don't think I have excessively long legs, but I like to be able to stretch my leg when cruising with the foot on the throttle. Well in my new Jag I can't.

So I was looking at gutting the seat or cut the hard plastic behind the seat. Or move the pedals. And thankfully I saw that the throttle was easy to take out and the arm is iron=weldable. So I took it out, cut it and welded it. To be more specific, I cut 1/2" of the length off, and bent the part I welded back on a bit away from me. What a difference, the pedal is now seen from my POV 1/2" higher (good) and 1/2" inch further from myself. Now I just fit, and can even move the seat a few mm further forward so there's no rubbing on the seat back.

Picture shows after welding but before cleaning up and painting.

Attached Thumbnails Fixing seating position by cutting throttle rod-img_20170804_1340155.jpg  
Old 08-04-2017, 07:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,183 Likes on 895 Posts

Cool!!