XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Found my 2010. Fingers crossed

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 02:36 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Vince,
My 2010 XKR has adaptive cruise, 19 in wheels and front and rear parking sensors. I'm glad it didn't come with optional 20 in wheels as I'm more interested in a better ride than the look of a 20 in wheel. I'm still not sure that the adaptive cruise was an option on this car. I think that XKRs 2010 at least, came standard with it but haven't confirmed this. I couldn't find other than the 20 in wheels and custom paint as options for the 2010 XKR when I tried to research options.

Old 11-01-2013, 03:39 PM
Received 76 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by bocatrip
While this might be somewhat off the topic.....A Jaguar salesman recently told me that no 2 XKs drive the same. He was so right. I drove a 2010 XKR that must have been abused, as it had rattles and some unusual suspension noises. It was an absolute rocket ship with power I found I could not use for not enough street distance. I drove 2 2010 XKs One was extremely fast, the other seemed to be lacking. Each car depending upon how it was serviced and cared for will drive differently.
The ECU learns how you drive over time and tailors the performance accordingly. Sounds like one was driven by an old lady and the other by someone who appreciates a fast car.

Last edited by JustNiz; 11-01-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 512 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by JustNiz
The ECU learns how you drive and tailors the performance accordingly. Sounds like one was driven by an old lady and the other by someone who appreciates a fast car.
Possibly, or else the sluggish car might have had other issues.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 86 Posts

Got the Lemon Squad report last night. Looks good and very thorough. Ir included 40 photos. Sending the rest of the funds today. Should have the car shipped down here next week.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:48 AM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

chazaroo, congrats on the lemon squad checkout. I should have looked into those types of services. I bought my XKR from ebay, well at least put the deposit down on it. It was under warranty, including the select addition and I verified this by Jaguar, but I didn't have a whole lot to go on other than the owners promise to refund my deposit if I didn't like it. Since I didn't have third part assurances as you've wisely gotten, I got on a plane with a one-way ticket to investigate. I guess I was optimistic. The car turned out to be in excellent shape and I drove it 11 hours home. --in the rain --But this could have turned out another way.

Oh, and I thought that I was protected by some sort of Ebay buyer protection. The terms of this auction, which I believe to be pretty common, are once the auction is won ( I did buy it now), a deposit is paid followed in a few days by the balance. In reading the fine print, as they say, on ebays site, is seems that the buyer protection clause is ONLY active when the car is purchased in a single payment. Who does that? Just thought that I'd include this last bit, as I had thought that I had more protection buying through ebay than it turns out that I did...

The following users liked this post:
chazaroo (11-02-2013)
Old 11-02-2013, 08:15 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by chazaroo
Got the Lemon Squad report last night. Looks good and very thorough. Ir included 40 photos. Sending the rest of the funds today. Should have the car shipped down here next week.
Congrats. Good luck with your car. Send us pics when you get the car. Enjoy.

Old 11-02-2013, 08:16 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by AVMIII
chazaroo, congrats on the lemon squad checkout. I should have looked into those types of services. I bought my XKR from ebay, well at least put the deposit down on it. It was under warranty, including the select addition and I verified this by Jaguar, but I didn't have a whole lot to go on other than the owners promise to refund my deposit if I didn't like it. Since I didn't have third part assurances as you've wisely gotten, I got on a plane with a one-way ticket to investigate. I guess I was optimistic. The car turned out to be in excellent shape and I drove it 11 hours home. --in the rain --But this could have turned out another way.

Oh, and I thought that I was protected by some sort of Ebay buyer protection. The terms of this auction, which I believe to be pretty common, are once the auction is won ( I did buy it now), a deposit is paid followed in a few days by the balance. In reading the fine print, as they say, on ebays site, is seems that the buyer protection clause is ONLY active when the car is purchased in a single payment. Who does that? Just thought that I'd include this last bit, as I had thought that I had more protection buying through ebay than it turns out that I did...

Glad it worked out for you. I had never tried Lemon Squad before but they did a good job based on th report.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts

Consider an 2009 XKR Portfolio Edition. These cars have all the options on them, and if you search, you can find a few on-line for sale.

Just Google the above, add the words for sale. A listing of available cars for sale will appear.

I love my 2009 XKR PE Vert, it is one awesome car. However, I do not have the ACC, just the regular but all other options. The ACC was not a deal breaker for me when I bought the Jag.

There are a few other 2009 XKR PE owners here on the boards and I know they love their vehicle as much as I love mine.

They are awesome driving machines.

The following users liked this post:
chazaroo (11-02-2013)
Old 11-02-2013, 06:38 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by richzak
Consider an 2009 XKR Portfolio Edition. These cars have all the options on them, and if you search, you can find a few on-line for sale.

Just Google the above, add the words for sale. A listing of available cars for sale will appear.

I love my 2009 XKR PE Vert, it is one awesome car. However, I do not have the ACC, just the regular but all other options. The ACC was not a deal breaker for me when I bought the Jag.

There are a few other 2009 XKR PE owners here on the boards and I know they love their vehicle as much as I love mine.

They are awesome driving machines.
I love the wheels on the XKR and don't find many XKs (2010 or newer) with the $5,000 wheel option. It really makes the car look substantial. How is the ride with the 20's?

Old 11-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Veteran Member

I love the wheels on the XKR and don't find many XKs (2010 or newer) with the $5,000 wheel option. It really makes the car look substantial. How is the ride with the 20's?
2009 XKR on 20's is great. No rough ride at all. Love the car and I am so glad I bought the 09 XKR Portfolio Edition Vert.

What can I say....other than it's AWESOME.

Others that own the same year and model, I am sure they will agree.

Old 11-02-2013, 06:58 PM
Veteran Member

Chazaroo......What is it setting you back to ship your car from up North to Florida? I assume it will be on an open transporter.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:25 PM
Veteran Member

Chazaroo......What is it setting you back to ship your car from up North to Florida? I assume it will be on an open transporter.
Boca:

FYI:

Had my Jaguar transported from West Palm Beach, Florida to Las Cruces, New Mexico.....1910 miles for $900.00 open transport.

No problems, car arrived in mint condition.

When transporting avoid a middleman truck broker. You can save up to $300 by dealing direct with car transporter.

The following 2 users liked this post by richzak:
bocatrip (11-02-2013), chazaroo (11-03-2013)
Old 11-03-2013, 08:31 AM
Veteran Member

$700 from Chicago to Port Saint Lucie, FL. Seemed reasonable.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:10 AM
Veteran Member

Good price at .55 cents per mile. Yes, that was reasonable. 1265 miles.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:20 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks. I have to figure in cost to transport, cost to fly to car, inspection by Jaguar, hotel stay, etc when considering my out of state purchase. Unless getting a great deal like Chazaroo, it may become a wash if I spend a little more and buy locally.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:22 AM
Received 98 Likes on 59 Posts

Do you guys pay sales tax once you get the car into your state at the time of registration or is it like buying something off the Internet from a different state? No sales tax benefit?

Old 11-03-2013, 10:59 AM
Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by hawaii
Do you guys pay sales tax once you get the car into your state at the time of registration or is it like buying something off the Internet from a different state? No sales tax benefit?
In CA u pay the sales tax when u register the car. No tax break. Also, you pay full tax on purchase price when u buy from a dealer and u get no reduction for trade in

Old 11-03-2013, 11:31 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Octurbo
In CA u pay the sales tax when u register the car. No tax break. Also, you pay full tax on purchase price when u buy from a dealer and u get no reduction for trade in
Bought 2009 Jaguar XKR Portfolio Edition Vert out of state (Florida).
Paid sales tax when I took the car to the New Mexico Dept of Motor Vehicles.

Our tax is 3% of the sales price.

Not bad compared to other states.

Old 11-03-2013, 11:47 AM
Received 493 Likes on 372 Posts

Our sales tax is almost 10% here in Washington (varies slightly with city). Quite a hit for an expensive vehicle, but we don't have a state income tax so all things considered not terrible. Plus it's easy to calculate tips (1.5 x the tax).

Old 11-03-2013, 12:00 PM
Veteran Member

The dealer in Chicago collects the FL sales tax. So no break there.

Quick Reply: Found my 2010. Fingers crossed