Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

FYI Alcon rotors cheap!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 07:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,268 Likes on 1,424 Posts

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
Just a question here... how much better are the Alcons than the stock 2010 XKR brakes? Mine has the "BRAKE UPGRADE PROGRAM", but the front rotors are 380mm compared to the 400mm Alcons with also the 6 pistons.
So, who has all this info? Is the stopping phenomenally better, or noticeable, quite a bit???
In order to use these rotors, you'd have to upgrade the calipers, flex hoses, brackets and add the brembo rear park brake calipers. I upgraded mine for track use but otherwise I'd say yours are plenty capable for daily use.

Old 11-02-2016, 07:53 PM
Veteran Member

Stuart, thanks for posting the pics. I'm probably going to buy another set, front and rear, just in case. At that price it is a killer deal to have extra sets for track days.

Old 11-02-2016, 08:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,171 Likes on 3,393 Posts

jahummer,
I agree - at that price, it's a no-brainer to buy another set. I don't track my car and, although my rotors are still in great shape, buying a spare set made sense because I plan to keep my XKR and eventually leave it to my son. Cheap insurance in case those rotors are no longer available.
Stuart

Old 11-03-2016, 08:38 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Stuart S
I received all 4 rotors today and confirm that they appear to be identical to the OEM Alcon rotors on my XKR. They are much heavier than I expected, and the overnight shipping must have been very expensive.

My thanks again to jahummer for the heads-up on this real bargain.
Updating my previous post, for the front rotor:

Old 11-03-2016, 01:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,186 Likes on 3,106 Posts

Originally Posted by jahummer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cee Jay
Just a question here... how much better are the Alcons than the stock 2010 XKR brakes? Mine has the "BRAKE UPGRADE PROGRAM", but the front rotors are 380mm compared to the 400mm Alcons with also the 6 pistons.
So, who has all this info? Is the stopping phenomenally better, or noticeable, quite a bit???

In order to use these rotors, you'd have to upgrade the calipers, flex hoses, brackets and add the brembo rear park brake calipers. I upgraded mine for track use but otherwise I'd say yours are plenty capable for daily use.
Yes, I know quite well all the fiddle-faddle that would be needed to be done to swap over to Alcons, which is why I'd never do it. I've done many a brake conversion on my many car builds, nearly all American Muscle.
My main question is How Much Better are the Alcons? I wouldn't think it'd be a WHOLE heck of a lot, being as the Upgraded 380mm is still larger/better than nearly all other cars. Only 10mm radius difference and slightly less clamping force, but still a really good brake.

Last edited by Cee Jay; 11-03-2016 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-15-2016, 05:05 PM
Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

I just ordered a set to hold on to. I have 38000 miles, it runs great and there is nothing else out there that I can put my golf clubs and my grandson in at the same
time that I like as much. Thanks all

Old 11-15-2016, 08:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts

I just found this post.

I looked at the autoanything.com website and cannot seem to find these rotors for my 2009 Jaguar XKR PE with Alcon calipers. They only show slotted rotors, not the crescent moon.

I saw the part numbers of the Jaguar Forum website.

Right Front: 126.20025
Left Front: 126.20026
Right Rear; 126.20027
Left Rear: 126.20028

What are the Autoanything part numbers?

Is autoanything the proper website?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by richzak; 11-15-2016 at 09:04 PM.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:11 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by richzak
I just found this post.

I looked at the autoanything.com website and cannot seem to find these rotors for my 2009 Jaguar XKR PR with Alcon calipers. They only show slotted rotors, not the crescent moon.

I saw the part numbers of the Jaguar Forum website.

Right Front: 126.20025
Left Front: 126.20026
Right Rear; 126.20027
Left Rear: 126.20028

What are the Autoanything part numbers?

Thanks in advance.

Richard,

The pictures on the Autoanything website are not accurate. Call Autoanything at (800) 874-8888 and speak to a phone sales rep and give him the above part numbers. They are the Autoanything part numbers, and are the same as the Centric part numbers. The rotors are shipped directly from Centric.

Buy them before they're gone...

Stuart

The following users liked this post:
richzak (11-15-2016)
Old 11-15-2016, 09:18 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Stuart S
Richard,

The pictures on the Autoanything website are not accurate. Call Autoanything at (800) 874-8888 and speak to a phone sales rep and give him the above part numbers. They are the Autoanything part numbers, and are the same as the Centric part numbers. The rotors are shipped directly from Centric.

Buy them before they're gone...

Stuart
Thanks.

I will call first thing tomorrow morning.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:50 AM
Veteran Member

UPDATE:

First of all, special thanks, especially to JAHUMMER for finding these rotors, and informing other Alcon brake system owners for our Jaguars. Thanks to STUART S for the reply to my post.

I have spoken to Roy at Autoanything and he confirmed the proper Centric part numbers as listed in this thread.

Pricing as mentioned was great.

$132.99 Right Front Part # 126.20025
$132.99 Left Front Part # 126.20026

$100.09 Right Rear Part # 126.20027
$100.09 Left Rear Part # 126.20028

Total with Free Shipping & No Sales Tax: $466.16

Contact who is knowledgeable about these rotors is:

Autoanything.com
Salesperson: Roy 1-800-874-8888 Option 7 Extension 7078

These rotors are shipped the same day as the order goes in.

Availablity of these rotors are as follows as of 11/16/2016 7:34 AM MST

Fronts: 12 of each available
Rears: 21 of each available

Pricing is a reduction of 30% off the regular price of the Centric Brand
Rotors. The images provided show a slotted rotor, when infact these rotors have the Alcon Cresent Moon shape embedded into the rotor, confirming the Alcon rotor as shown in Post #19 above by Stuart S who made the same purchase.

Here's my order posted to end any confusion anyone might have or any other questions another Jaguar Forum member might have. This is a great deal and saves fellow Jaguar XKR owners with the Alcon braking system found in the 2008 and 2009MY, a bunch of money, more than $2000 as JAHummer has stated.

Attached Thumbnails FYI Alcon rotors cheap!-jaguar-centric-alcon-rotors-order-11-2016.jpg  

Last edited by richzak; 11-16-2016 at 08:56 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by richzak:
Firecat17 (03-23-2017), jahummer (11-16-2016), Panthro (11-17-2016), u102768 (11-16-2016)
Old 11-17-2016, 04:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great work everyone involved.

I just tried to place an order but unfortunately for me they will not ship to Australia,
I wasn't expecting free shipping but they only sell/ship to a USA address.

Any assistance to forward on the items after being shipped to a US forum member would be considered with me paying the freight obviously.

Here's hoping..

Old 11-17-2016, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by Denod1958
Great work everyone involved.

I just tried to place an order but unfortunately for me they will not ship to Australia,
I wasn't expecting free shipping but they only sell/ship to a USA address.

Any assistance to forward on the items after being shipped to a US forum member would be considered with me paying the freight obviously.

Here's hoping..

I can source these same Centric part # rotors via Rock Auto...similar price $450 approx...they will ship to Australia for and extra $430...total $880.plus another 20% import duty/taxes when they arrive in the "Lucky Country"...

Its so painful at times living all the way down here...

Panthro (11-17-2016)
Old 11-17-2016, 09:45 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Denod1958
I can source these same Centric part # rotors via Rock Auto...similar price $450 approx...they will ship to Australia for and extra $430...total $880.plus another 20% import duty/taxes when they arrive in the "Lucky Country"...

Its so painful at times living all the way down here...
Denod1958:

Great find and RockAuto price points are actually lower than Autoanything.

$449.16 shipped to a USA consumer.

Inventory is limited in size, so be sure to order.

Your Jaguar XKR PE Coupe or convertible?

Old 11-17-2016, 11:54 AM

Denod1958:

$449.16 shipped to a USA consumer.

Inventory is limited in size, so be sure to order.

Your Jaguar XKR PE Coupe or convertible?

Mine is an XKR Portfolio Coupe, 1 of 10 that came to Australia.

To limit the shipping $ pain I have ordered a set of front rotor's from RockAuto figuring the front's will more than likely be the problem area in the medium to longer term.

Old 11-18-2016, 08:37 AM
Veteran Member

Stuart S:

Did your Centric/Alcon rotors arrive 3 boxes or 4 boxes.

Fedex states I will receive 3 boxes.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-18-2016, 09:07 AM
Veteran Member

The rears came in one box. Becuse of the weight, I have to asssume the fronts would have to be one per box.

richzak (11-18-2016)
Old 11-18-2016, 02:29 PM
Veteran Member

Centric/Alcon Rotors delivered today.......awesome deal. Alcon all the way.

Thanks again JF member jahummer, for taking the extra effort and notifying us fellow Jaguar owners who have the Alcon brake system of the Centric brake rotors.

This turned out to be an unbelievable deal. Your time and research was a benefit for so many others.

Thanks again JA.

The following 2 users liked this post by richzak:
jahummer (11-18-2016), Panthro (01-25-2017)
Old 11-18-2016, 04:54 PM
Veteran Member
Default AutoAnything beats RockAuto

Denod1958:

$449.16 shipped to a USA consumer. ...
Richard,

You are mistaken. Because RockAuto does not offer free shipping Autoanything's delivered price is A LOT lower.
"RockAuto free shipping has always been a downside when this brand has been involved and that`s mainly because it doesn't offer such a service. Why? They say because they already offer cheap prices for the auto parts on their catalogue and that carriers must be paid for the shipping services they provide, which in turn will translate as additional costs for RockAuto if it would offer free shipping to its customers.

While most auto retailers have already learned that free shipping is “a must” if they would want to stay ahead on their competition, Rock Auto has remained somehow behind at this particular aspect. ..." Source: RockAuto Discount Code: Coupon & Free Shipping Guide!
I set up an order on Rockauto.com for all 4 Alcon rotors. I also searched for a coupon for free shipping, but didn't find any. The delivered cost was $521.12, which included 4-6 day ground shipping of $71.96. Autoanything's delivered cost with overnight delivery was $466.16, or $54.96 less than RockAuto.

If you compare apples-to-apples, overnight delivery from RockAuto costs $341.96, which would make their delivered cost $791.12, which is $324.96 MORE than AutoAnything!

Sorry about the size of the attachments, but I couldn't figure out how to resize them.

Stuart

Old 11-18-2016, 05:12 PM
Veteran Member
Default MISSION IMPOSSIBLE - To Make A Profit With Overnight Delivery of $791.12!

Stuart S:

Did your Centric/Alcon rotors arrive 3 boxes or 4 boxes.

Fedex states I will receive 3 boxes.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
I realize this is a moot point because you already received your shipment, but I received 3 boxes - 2 large boxes (1 for each front rotor) and 1 smaller box containing 2 rear rotors. As I stated in my previous post #14, "... They are much heavier than I expected, and the overnight shipping must have been very expensive." So, as I suspected, we now know that RockAuto charges $791.12 for overnight delivery to zip code 30328 (Atlanta, GA).

How could AutoAnything have made a profit if they absorbed the overnight shipping cost? Their proceeds from my purchase was $466.16. If they ate the shipping cost, how would they make a profit? Simple. Their accountant said that they can make it up in volume!

Stuart

Old 11-18-2016, 07:50 PM
Veteran Member

Stuart S:

Ok, you win.

Autoanything (AA) is cheaper by a small amount. Who really cares, I followed the advice of jahummer the person who originally started the thread for us all.

I did not get overnight shipping, I got a 2 day delivery. Ordered Wednesday, delivered Friday. The sales person at Autoanything.com (AA) told me a 2 to 3 day delivery. I never expected an overnight delivery, and Autoanything never mentioned or promised an overnight delivery.

Your delivery may have been out of the ordinary.

My order was placed within 30 minutes of AA sales Dept opening @ 7:00 AM PST, or 8:00 AM my time MST.

The rotors were shipped directly from Centric, not Autoanything.com , as AA does not hold an inventory of these rotors.

They have a computer system linked to Centric that provides AA and other parts sellers like Rock Auto, Amazon.com (yes, Amazon has the same rotors available) that provides the seller, not the vendor with an inventory amount available for sale. The salesperson was able to tell me immediately the amount of inventory left at Centric which I provided in my post above. The AA price was discounted at 30% off their regular price as Centric wants to move the inventory. These rotors have been at Centric since 2008, as it was clearly marked on my boxes from Centric. Without the discount at AA, Rock Auto prices would be lower priced by the 30% plus any shipping costs, if you want to get technical on price points.

I am sure Centric eats the shipping and they get a deeply discounted shipping price from such shippers as UPS and Fedex. I get discounts myself, for my formularacingltd.com business. No individual gets the same shipping costs as I do, and I am sure a vendor like Centric gets a greater discount than I, do to the huge amount of volume sales they complete.

I am sure that AA makes a small amount of money of the sales of these rotors as they hold no inventory, have no warehouse costs to hold an inventory and they don't ship directly.

These online parts dealers act as third party sellers. It would be impossible for these on-line parts vendors to hold and stock the inventory of the items they sell. Impossible.

I know the business, as they are no different than other on-line parts seller(s) like US Auto Parts Network Inc., stock symbol PRTS. PRTS owns J.C Whitney, Autopartswarehouse.com, and others. I know the operations, as I held several thousand shares of the common stock of PRTS. These on-line parts sellers have the same business models.

Established in 1995, U.S. Auto Parts Network, Inc. (the "Company") is a leading online provider of automotive aftermarket parts, including collision, engine, and performance parts and accessories. Through the Company's network of websites, U.S. Auto Parts provides consumers with a broad selection of competitively priced products, all mapped by a proprietary database with applications based on vehicle makes, models and years. U.S. Auto Parts' flagship websites include www.autopartswarehouse.com, www.carparts.com, www.jcwhitney.com, and www.AutoMD.com, as well as the Company's corporate website at US Auto Parts Network, Inc. - USAutoParts.com.

Whether AA is lower priced than Rock Auto or vice-verses the deal we all got was stunning, amazing and fantastic. Bottom line, we all owe JF member "jahummer" a huge "thank you" for researching the deal, being kind enough to pass it on to other Jaguar XKR owners with the Alcon brake system. I have always feared the future cost and finding availability to obtain these Alcon rotors in the future when needed. "jahummer" saved us all thousands of dollars, and we owe him a lot of gratitude for his efforts and caring to pass the information along to us. He did not have to do this for us.

I would have easily paid an extra $72.00 from Rock Auto to get the rotors. I did not need any "overnight shipping". The boxes were delivered today, open and inspected, and now are sitting on my shop work bench ready to be stored for when the call to install them comes about. With only 18,345 miles on my XKR, there is no need to replace the original Alcon's that came on the vehicle just yet.

Last edited by richzak; 11-18-2016 at 07:54 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by richzak:
Firecat17 (03-23-2017), jahummer (03-19-2017)

Quick Reply: FYI Alcon rotors cheap!