Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

GPS / DVD module Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 04:55 PM
Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
Default GPS / DVD module Replacement

2007 XK Coupe.
Just wondering if anyone else has removed and reinstalled a new module. Is there anything I need to know before unplugging and unbolting..Thank you!

Old 03-28-2019, 09:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,139 Likes on 3,383 Posts

See the Sticky at the top of this X150 Forum home page for links to the Workshop Manuals.

Why are you replacing it?

Old 03-28-2019, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Stuart S
See the Sticky at the top of this X150 Forum home page for links to the Workshop Manuals.

Why are you replacing it?

Replacing it because nothing at all happens when i press the navigation button, and when i start the car, the cd player sounds like its either trying to eject or load, over and over again,, 7 or 8 times till it finally stops. I was told it needed to be replaced.

Old 03-29-2019, 12:56 AM
Veteran Member

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the nav disk in the trunk?

Old 03-29-2019, 02:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 5,151 Likes on 3,085 Posts

Originally Posted by capitol1
Replacing it because nothing at all happens when i press the navigation button, and when i start the car, the cd player sounds like its either trying to eject or load, over and over again,, 7 or 8 times till it finally stops. I was told it needed to be replaced.
The CD player, like the one inside the car that plays music??? That one has ZERO to do with the Nav. As Stuart stated, the DVD "player" for the Nav is in the boot on the stack to the right of the battery.

Old 03-29-2019, 08:32 AM
Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
The CD player, like the one inside the car that plays music??? That one has ZERO to do with the Nav. As Stuart stated, the DVD "player" for the Nav is in the boot on the stack to the right of the battery.
I am following this thread closely as I too have same issue. I have reinserted navigation disc multiple times to no avail. The CD cycling is annoying as well the CD Player is non functioning, though navigation operation is fine. My fear is after removal and messing about, I loose the navigation function as well as the CD. BTW, new battery did not improve this.

Old 03-29-2019, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
Yes. The player in the boot, is what i'm replacing.

Old 03-29-2019, 09:26 AM

I dont know what to do with the cd player yet.

Old 03-29-2019, 10:17 AM

Hi , I am old time lurker new time member. I thought I sent a reply earlier, don't see it so will try again. I am watching this thread closely as I suffer from same symptoms. Navigation works but CD player "cycles repeatedly" on start up and will not accept or play CDs. Have closely inspected the trunk unit and replaced battery. Thought perhaps a CD was stuck in interior head, but so far no results or success in removing or rectifying problem. I am loath to remove truck unit without suitable replacement for fear of losing navigation as well!

Standing by..and Hello Jag Forum Members

Old 03-29-2019, 10:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,166 Likes on 2,335 Posts

What you're describing also happens when the optic cable is disconnected. The Nav player keeps trying to engage. It also behaves that way when it can't read the disc.

If you have the second disc from the nav disc set, consider removing the first one and insert the second. It could be something as simple as a dirty or defective disc that isn't loading. This is the simplest test.

The navigation computer uses non-volatile memory to store settings and configuration information when it is powered down. This process takes place just before the computer turns off. So you will lose those obviously when you swap out.

The nav unit uses touch screen via MOST network which means the ICM and ACM are going to be involved, and it displays on the screen through a dedicated GVIF (the blue plug in the back of the unit). You obviously have power to the unit.

The system interacts with GPS and ABS to operate. The North American version doesn't utilize VICS, Voice or Traffic management so there's no impact there.

I presume you don't have an Optical Bus Tester (OBT), you can at least unplug the optical line in back to see if you have red light coming from the line and the module (in one and out the other). Specifically it's pin 1, male and identified as TM075 at the back of the unit.
You can also do this and should do this @ the bluetooth module as well as they're interconnected via the optical bus (MOST). Same with the satellite module if you have satellite.

Those are the modules in the trunk stack. While you can't do more than see it the red light is on with a tester, it will eliminate a lot of fault possibilities.

All that said, I can only see that one of the symptoms of a non responsive NAV system is "incorrect NAV module is installed". However the test for that basically asked you if the NAV unit was interrupted during a software update. Was it?

Sorry, not much help. I'm guessing Cambo or one of the techs could answer your specific question whether or not you can just plug and play.

Last edited by Sean W; 03-29-2019 at 05:04 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Sean W:
pk4144 (08-14-2019), Stuart S (03-29-2019)
Old 03-29-2019, 10:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,166 Likes on 2,335 Posts

Originally Posted by Bond
Hi , I am old time lurker new time member. I thought I sent a reply earlier, don't see it so will try again. I am watching this thread closely as I suffer from same symptoms. Navigation works but CD player "cycles repeatedly" on start up and will not accept or play CDs. Have closely inspected the trunk unit and replaced battery. Thought perhaps a CD was stuck in interior head, but so far no results or success in removing or rectifying problem. I am loath to remove truck unit without suitable replacement for fear of losing navigation as well!

Standing by..and Hello Jag Forum Members
Hi Bond...The CD player is in the cabin and the Nav unit in the trunk are separate and distinct. One has nothing to do with the other. CD player is just that. It plays CD's. The NAV unit only operates Navigation and is actually a DVD unit.

You might benefit from starting a separate thread on you CD problem. Also do a search. I've read more than a few threads on CD player not working.

Old 03-29-2019, 11:00 AM

Ah, Thanks Sean. New data for me to sift through consider.

Old 03-29-2019, 11:15 AM
Veteran Member

Sean W is just another example of this Forum being an incredible resource of knowledgeable and helpful members!

The following users liked this post:
Sean W (03-29-2019)
Old 08-14-2019, 12:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 560 Likes on 314 Posts

I have this Exact issue now - DEFINITELY with the DVD player in the trunk. Spins up, spins down, off. Endlessly. Have slid the slider to "Unlock" and pressed EJECT - nothing. Oh and my touch screen went black a few days ago.
Thoughts? Should I just disconnect the thing? How would one do that?

Old 08-14-2019, 03:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GPS DVD for Oz

Hi Folks, I can't respond as to what's involved with unit replacement but having near similar issue trying to get the GPS DVD Denso unit in my ex UK car 2007 XKR to work here in Oz. Has anyone an outdated Australian Maps DVD to pass on which I can try?