Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Happyness and a XKR

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 09:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Queen and Country
We still live in good times-Food for perspective.
Unfortunately both of those cars are common fodder now. Either could be had in average condition for a few thousand dollars/pounds. They have each join the sub-dollar per kilogram club. Sad but true.

Old 07-26-2017, 09:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,380 Likes on 1,607 Posts

Originally Posted by JagRag
They have each join the sub-dollar per kilogram club. Sad but true.
As they should. They offer a mere fraction of what our cars can. The point was that even with that tiny sliver of luxury, the Sinatras were enjoying spring on Jupiter and Mars. In other words, we have reason to live with greater panache.

Old 07-26-2017, 09:57 AM
Received 189 Likes on 88 Posts

Queen & Country ... I'm not sure what you meant when you said ... "Lets send all Xks to Utah." Please explain.

Old 07-26-2017, 10:28 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Snide72
Queen & Country ... I'm not sure what you meant when you said ... "Lets send all Xks to Utah." Please explain.
Products are designed with an exit strategy. What will happen to the product 20 years from now. BMW's only salvation with their needlessly complicated electronics and leaking gaskets, is the resourcefulness and ingenuity of South America and Eastern Europe to keep them on the road. And out of the crusher or junk yard here. As that would destroy market values.

XKs would be new in Utah and appreciated and they have some really good engineering talent there. Keep the value up of our cars.

Old 07-26-2017, 09:18 PM
Received 276 Likes on 139 Posts

I think one of the reasons they're so rare here is that mormons have tons of kids, so a two seater isn't at all useful here. Even Cee Jays favorite- the Miata- isn't at all common here as it is back east where people practice more responsible breeding habits. Out here, you're far more likely to see XJs and XFs. I know that if I had kids, it would have been an XF-R instead of the XKR.

Old 07-27-2017, 10:28 AM
Veteran Member

Also; they are conservative and introspective, they understand that vanity leads to many problems in society.

It could be argued that they have more children because they dont spend their energy impressing other men.

Both of those things can be underscored in the phenomena of getting a tune on a 500hp car.

BTW, have you figured out how to add led drl on this car. I want to stand out. No not from that bogus source you posted last time. It has to be reliable, cant seem to find led manufacturers that last more than 6 months without fading.

Old 07-27-2017, 10:31 AM
Veteran Member

I am looking for a T10 cree bulb from reliable source.
After studying it for years I have concluded that the best way is to simply replace the incandescent drl with an led one that beams. Porsche is doing that now.
I feel the led strip is Audi's thing.