XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

How many FRB XKR-S coupes in the US?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 10:42 PM
Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts
Default How many FRB XKR-S coupes in the US?

Apologies if I'm duplicating a question, but my search came up dry.

How many 2012-2013 XKR-S coupes in French Racing Blue are here in the US?

Thanks in advance for the info...

Rich

Old 11-02-2013, 11:54 PM

...still an open question, anyone? Bueller?

Regardless, as of today... one of them is mine!

Old 11-03-2013, 05:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 325 Likes on 201 Posts

Hey Rich,

That's great news! You'll have to tell us all about it, and how you came to choose an XKR-S. That's the most unique and distinctive colour on the XKR-S, and I haven't seen or heard of any others in the U.S. or Canada so far. I hope Todd won't be too crushed that you didn't choose a G5 Viper!

Bruce

Old 11-03-2013, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce H.
Hey Rich,

That's great news! You'll have to tell us all about it, and how you came to choose an XKR-S. That's the most unique and distinctive colour on the XKR-S, and I haven't seen or heard of any others in the U.S. or Canada so far. I hope Todd won't be too crushed that you didn't choose a G5 Viper!

Bruce
Funny story: my daughter's a soph at Cal Poly studying marketing. She's equally obsessed with performance cars and plans a career marketing them. So I text her a quick pic of the XKR-S to tell her I bought it... and within 10 minutes she's posted it to her Instagram. Which is no big deal, except for the fact that Ralph Gilles follows her Insta; we've met him a couple times. He commented with a little "mad face". Oops. I followed up explaining that it was a size issue: I'm 6'4 and 250 lb, and the Jag has just enough extra room to make all the difference for comfortable cruising.

I can drive my Gen IV ACR Only because I had a 2" seat drop kit installed. Even so, it's at the edge of fitment for me. The Gen V is better, but still pretty tight.

But it was all about the $$$, too. My XKR-S is a 2012 with 6000 miles from one owner... a CPO car, its warranty reaches to Jan 2018 or to 100k... and of course no cost for routine maintenance for the next 2 yrs or to 50k. I bought it because it had depreciated so much.

I believe there's a unique opportunity for buyers now: I think these latest model years suffer undeservably from the Jag reputation for spotty quality and dependability. So I'm able to purchase a car from a manufacturer that's made large strides in quality but hasn't received credit for it yet.

I feel the pain of current owners that need to sell, or wish to trade up. But for potential buyers I think there are some excellent opportunities to pick up low-mile XKRs at great value.

For new GT car shoppers of normal dimensions and larger wallets, they should absolutely consider the Gen V Viper head-to-head against XKR-S. Interiors on the GTS Viper are very nice and the twin info screens are fantastic. There's more power in the Viper, the ability to row your own gears, and stability/traction controls for when talent levels are exceeded. Ralph and SRT have upgraded the car without losing its spirit.

Rich

Old 11-03-2013, 01:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 325 Likes on 201 Posts

And here I thought you were going to tell us how you fell in love with it! Hopefully Reg will get over the lost sale...in time.

I bought mine at exactly the same age as yours (late Oct '11) at a great savings, and while I wasn't planning to keep it long term I think it will be very hard to replace considering its unique mix of attributes.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as many of us here do, be sure to post some pics when you get a chance...and how it compares to the Viper on track

Bruce