XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

iPod adapter for 2007 XK

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 08:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPod adapter for 2007 XK

I have seen a few old messages about hard-wired iPod adapters for 2007 XK but nothing recent. Heard that technology existed but was found to be awkward, unreliable, etc. Has anybody heard of any good adapters being available?

Old 11-11-2009, 02:54 PM

I've done extensive searches on this and can find nothing that works, other than the FM transmitters which drive me nuts on long trips. Plus, their sound is really inferior. I'm resigned to being happy with satellite radio and the CD changer.

Old 12-24-2009, 09:14 AM
Default Ipod

I just did this, I bought a used 07 XK and it did not have the adapter. The dealer has a hard wired option that works great. It was $700 installed. $300 for the part and $400 installation. But I'm happy with it.

I now have an "Aux" icon on the audio screen and the iphone plugs into a cable in the armrest. I can control the song selection from the steering wheel, track up/down etc. My wife has a Lexus and the iPod connection in that makes you change the track from the iPod. It's a little annoying.

Also, there is a secondary hookup in the glove box, I can run RCA cables into the audio system if I want to, AND there is also a USB hookup if you wanted to store music on a thumb drive and leave it in the car, hidden, you could.

$700 is a lot of money, but I think you get your money's worth outside of just an audio cable.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:29 AM

Thanks for that info. Do you know if that was a Jaguar part or was it an aftermarket adapter? If so, what make is it? Also, where was your dealer? (I'm located in Toronto, Canada.)

Old 01-04-2010, 02:39 PM

It is a Jaguar part, It came with a Jaguar handbook etc. I dont know what they call it, But i'm sure your dealer will have it. The service guy at the desk knew about it without looking it up, so it must be quite common. My dealer was in Annapolis, Maryland. But I'm sure the guys in the Great White North will be able to track one down for you.

Good Luck

Old 01-05-2010, 05:57 AM
Default thanks

I'll call my dealer about it--maybe they can track one down. It surprises me sometimes how difficult it is to get stuff here in Canada. Luckily, I am in the US about every 2 or 3 weeks so I could always get one there.

Old 01-19-2010, 04:03 AM

Brilliant. I will definitley be buying this addition for the girl when I return.

Old 01-24-2010, 12:02 AM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

What works great for me is the gigaware simple fm transmitter that plugs into the earphone connector of my iphone. it seems to have the strongest transmitter and works flawlessly in my 2007.... sold at radio shack... the more expensive one that charges at the same time does not seem to have as strong a transmitter......

Old 01-25-2010, 02:01 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey guys. We keep the Audio Connectivity Module (ACM) in stock here at Nalley. List price is $278.00 for the XK ACM. Call or email me (link in the signature) for details. Thanks.

Last edited by nalleyjagparts; 02-11-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dan (from Nalley), If you purchase the ACM is there dealer programing, or can a anyone install it? Guess I am hoping it is plug and play?

Old 03-17-2011, 10:42 PM
Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ricxke
Dan (from Nalley), If you purchase the ACM is there dealer programing, or can a anyone install it? Guess I am hoping it is plug and play?
Just emailed Dan asking the same. Here's his reply:

Thanks for your inquiry. The ACM for your car is $$$, The ACM does come with installation instructions. However, the vehicle does need to be connected to the Jaguar dealer’s IDS system (shop computer) to allow the head unit to recognize the ACM. It shouldn't be an issue for you to have it installed @ the local audio shop then send it to the dealership to hook up to IDS system. The iPod will not display on the screen in your car – you can either use playlists or do all song navigation on the iPod itself. Sorry, that’s the only way it’s possible.
Thanks.

Dan

Last edited by JimC64; 03-18-2011 at 09:34 AM. Reason: pricing removed at nalleyjags request
Old 05-01-2011, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by iarrowsmith
It is a Jaguar part, It came with a Jaguar handbook etc. I dont know what they call it, But i'm sure your dealer will have it. The service guy at the desk knew about it without looking it up, so it must be quite common. My dealer was in Annapolis, Maryland. But I'm sure the guys in the Great White North will be able to track one down for you.

Good Luck
Can you double check on what that's called? I'm about to buy an '07 XK Conv. and the dealer didn't know of any way to hard wire the iPod into an 07. (And yes, this was a Jag dealer!)

I've seen the ACM C2C40513 kit. I was under the impression that this only allows you to change songs from the iPod itself, not from the steering wheel. I'm wondering if you have something different.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:06 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

It changes songs from the steering wheel as well. The unit doesn't allow you to view the songs on the screen of the car though. Itbdoes come with an aux port that is installed in the glovebox that will play thumb drives and other mp3 players through your sound system.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:08 AM

I have this as well installed on mine. My newer ipod touch isn't controllable through the steering wheel. However I was told that other(older version) ipods can be controlled from the wheel. Anybody out there who can verify, I would appreciate it.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:52 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Steering wheel/touchscreen control was added for the '09 models. If you have a '07 or '08, you must control the iPod thru the iPod itself.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:02 AM

Bad news for me but thanks Dan for the reply. I'll stop by parts next time I'm at the dealership.

Old 05-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Default ACM usage

See my post #2 in this thread https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/2...od-cord-41102/.

Also see post ## 9 & 12 in this thread to see how I used the ACM https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/2...-add-ons-9917/

One last point, you MUST have the dealer reprogram the audio system to add the AUX to the screen, it is not automatic and unless you have a factory computer diagnostic system, you cannot program this yourself.

Hope this is informative.

Last edited by sorapp; 05-08-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:01 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Haven't you seen all the posts about the Jag kit to plug in your iphone, ipad or ipod? We have it in ours and it works beautifully. Nally is the place to buy it from and Jag installed in locally here for only $126

Old 05-27-2011, 08:00 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Can you also play Pandora through the iPod kit? Is there a Line-in in the kit (or is that how the iPod plays and why you can't control the songs from the touch screen)?

Thx

Old 05-27-2011, 09:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by jimatvs
Can you also play Pandora through the iPod kit? Is there a Line-in in the kit (or is that how the iPod plays and why you can't control the songs from the touch screen)?

Thx
The kit has a line in, so once installed and the head unit reprogrammed to recognize the alt in connection any device that can access the internet/Pandora could access the Pandora site and play music through the line-in and the head unit.

I plan on getting the adapter in the future, and will utilize internet sources for music instead using Sirius or XM.

Quick Reply: iPod adapter for 2007 XK