XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Jaguar dealership experience - excellent!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 01:40 AM
Received 333 Likes on 201 Posts
Default Jaguar dealership experience - excellent!

I am one of the few people on this board that supports bringing your Jaguar to the dealer for repairs and maintenance. I had a very good experience that I would like to share. About 3 months ago I had an airbag light on the dash and so I brought it to my local Porsche mechanic who is 5 minutes from me so he could just run some diagnostics and confirm what might be the problem. He said it was the airbag clock spring in the steering wheel. I didn't ask him to fix it because he specializes in German cars and that is his comfort zone.

The next day I brought it to the Paul Miller Jaguar dealer in Madison NJ and they gave me a free loaner: a Range Rover Evoque to take home. Sweet! The next day they called me and said that it was the airbag clock spring. I was happy to see they found what my Porsche mechanic found. I gave them permission to change it out. The next day I pick up my car and all was good.

Last week the same light came on again. I brought it again to my Porsche mechanic and he said the same part is bad again. He also said that its not Jaguar's fault, he gets Porsche parts DOA all the time.

I then brought it back to the Jag dealer and this time they gave me a new XF as a loaner [very nice car by the way]. They called me the next day and told me my car was ready and that everything was done under warranty.
I must say I was pleasantly surprised. They were 100% honest and didn't try to find a "different problem". They apologized and said occasionally parts come out of the bin dead on arrival or fail within a short period. This was just one of those parts. It happens.

They also followed up with a phone called a week later to confirm that all was good and if I needed anything else. Great customer service. For me going to the dealer has been a very pleasant experience and I have no complaints.

Now before you ask and say 'why don't you bring your Porsche to the dealer then?' It is because it is a 1988 924S and they don't even have the expertise or desire to work on it.

Last edited by michaelodonnell123; 10-20-2016 at 01:45 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by michaelodonnell123:
kj07xk (10-20-2016), Sean W (10-20-2016)
Old 10-20-2016, 11:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,905 Likes on 1,292 Posts

Ok, so I either have to move to NJ, or drive halfway across the country to find a good dealer... decisions... decisions...

Old 10-20-2016, 12:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 632 Likes on 409 Posts

I am with you, you pay for convenience and expertise (of course not every dealer and tech are of equal quality). If you are OK with that and have good results that is great, I have had great service from Crown and Jaguar Tampa also.

Old 10-20-2016, 05:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 561 Likes on 315 Posts

I had a very positive experience with Rusnak Jaguar in Pasadena CA. Only negative was they had the car longer than they'd originally told me. On the other hand, twice during the process (at my request), the tech called me and we spoke at some length about what was going on, and my options. Bright, experienced guy.

I will add that the work was mostly under warranty, so cost wasn't really a factor. AND... part of what I liked was that they worked well with my aftermarket warranty company. (My car's out of the original Jag warranty period) Of an invoice of almost $3,000, I paid about $400. Almost paid for the warranty right there.

Last edited by pk4144; 10-20-2016 at 05:45 PM.