XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Local Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 06:43 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Local Dealer

The previous owner of my 2009 XKR told me that his local Jaguar dealership at his request turned on his DLR's. I went to mine to have them turned off and after they did a bit of research told me they are unable to turn them off with their computer. It doesn't give me a lot of confidence in my local dealer!

Old 06-22-2017, 09:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 545 Likes on 364 Posts

I feel you man! I had the same type of experience with my local dealer in trying to turn them on. They wound up screwing everything up so much they had to hold the car for a couple days to get it back in order. On top of that I had to take it to an indi shop to have the DRL's turned on.

Not really an issue that is unique to Jaguar though. Have had several dealerships in my life that seemed to be in the dark.

I'm sure this is not common and others have great experiences with their dealerships. That said, I stay clear of the JLR dealer nearest me.

Old 06-22-2017, 11:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,414 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordo1968
The previous owner of my 2009 XKR told me that his local Jaguar dealership at his request turned on his DLR's. I went to mine to have them turned off and after they did a bit of research told me they are unable to turn them off with their computer. It doesn't give me a lot of confidence in my local dealer!
It can be done through Jaguar SDD. I have turned mine on and off.

Old 06-23-2017, 06:16 AM

Jaguar SDD, what's that?

Old 06-23-2017, 06:23 AM

Just did a search and found out what SDD is. That's what I thought, plug the car into their computer, press some buttons and hey presto, lights off.....not at my dealer.

Old 06-23-2017, 08:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 10,757 Likes on 7,101 Posts

Originally Posted by pwpacp
Not really an issue that is unique to Jaguar though. Have had several dealerships in my life that seemed to be in the dark.

I'm sure this is not common and others have great experiences with their dealerships. That said, I stay clear of the JLR dealer nearest me.

Yeah, from dealer-to-dealer you can experience vast differences in skill levels, training, customer service attitudes/abilities, and product knowledge.

Or, for that matter, such differences often exist even within a single dealership.

Cheers
DD

Old 06-23-2017, 09:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,414 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordo1968
Just did a search and found out what SDD is. That's what I thought, plug the car into their computer, press some buttons and hey presto, lights off.....not at my dealer.
Sorry to hear that. I'd be happy to walk them through it. I say that, tongue in cheek, as I would suspect they would give you stink eye for suggesting outside help! There are 2 places where the option is located, including the car configuration file. This should be Jaguar tech training 101.

Old 06-23-2017, 04:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,168 Likes on 2,336 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug
Yeah, from dealer-to-dealer you can experience vast differences in skill levels, training, customer service attitudes/abilities, and product knowledge.

Or, for that matter, such differences often exist even within a single dealership.

Cheers
DD
for that matter, Indy's too.