XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My first electrical Gremlin in my 2013 XKRS?!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 09:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 346 Likes on 239 Posts
Default The Chirp/Chip Noise (in my 2013 XKR-S) Thread

So here is the story... when my car jolts, I hear a Beep noise. I do not know where this noise is coming from either...??? here are the situations I've heard the beep...

1- using the jaguar drive selector to go from drive to let's say reverse with my foot well on the break. Maybe you get get a little bit of a jolt switching the tension from forward to reverse...."beep". Last a quick second and no warning or obvious malfunction.

2- window down, I'm in D mode....brake on. I am turning right and I got to punch it and the car jolt forward..."beep" is heard.

3- and this is the kicker... Car off, and I go to sit down into the cat and I'm lazy and I forcefully slam my butt into the seat and "beep!". Be getting into the car was a jolt to it(?!?)

Car has 460 miles on it... Noticed 1 since I got the car, notice 2, 3 today.

Does not appear in function to be any gross electrical problem, engine problem etc.

ANY GOT ANY IDEAS??????!?!?!?!?!?!?

Last edited by Lothar52; 06-08-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 85 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Lothar52
So here is the story... when my car jolts, I hear a Beep noise. I do not know where this noise is coming from either...??? here are the situations I've heard the beep...

1- using the jaguar drive selector to go from drive to let's say reverse with my foot well on the break. Maybe you get get a little bit of a jolt switching the tension from forward to reverse...."beep". Last a quick second and no warning or obvious malfunction.

2- window down, I'm in D mode....brake on. I am turning right and I got to punch it and the car jolt forward..."beep" is heard.

3- and this is the kicker... Car off, and I go to sit down into the cat and I'm lazy and I forcefully slam my butt into the seat and "beep!". Be getting into the car was a jolt to it(?!?)

it's the same beep as when you are parking?
Car has 460 miles on it... Noticed 1 since I got the car, notice 2, 3 today.

Does not appear in function to be any gross electrical problem, engine problem etc.

ANY GOT ANY IDEAS??????!?!?!?!?!?!?
+

is it the same beep as when you are parking? it could be a sensor. I can't beleive it be a huge electrical issue, no way.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 04-27-2013 at 01:32 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Lothar52 (04-27-2013)
Old 04-27-2013, 01:39 AM
Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

Yeah, same thought... Des the 'beep' sound at all like the parking/proximity alert beep? That'd narrow it down a bit.

Skeeter

Lothar52 (04-27-2013)
Old 04-27-2013, 05:39 AM
Veteran Member

No it does not sound like the parking sensor beep... Hell it almost sound like when you blip the horn... It sounds external from the cabin.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:35 AM
Veteran Member

No it does not sound like the parking sensor beep... Hell it almost sound like when you blip the horn... It sounds external from the cabin.
I have the "object detection" sign coming on dashboard while I don't seems to have the option? unless i am wrong again, no button on dashboard to activate ir or not, but it does come in the screen.

your sounds could be an alarm then, the dealer will find out hopefully and you're fully covered, why not going there?

Lothar52 (04-27-2013)
Old 04-27-2013, 08:40 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jagxk2008
I have the "object detection" sign coming on dashboard while I don't seems to have the option? unless i am wrong again, no button on dashboard to activate ir or not, but it does come in the screen.

your sounds could be an alarm then, the dealer will find out hopefully and you're fully covered, why not going there?
OH I will be, was just wondering if anyone else had ever experienced such a wierd thing with there XK. One way or another, this 6 month old car with 460 miles (60 miles put on it just yesterday!) will quit beeping!!!

Loth

Old 04-27-2013, 11:10 AM
Veteran Member

6 months 460 miles its excellent for the mileage, I give you 10 mn there until they find out what's going on. i don't want sounds bossy, just that I am sure the car is fabulous and it be fine.
can it be re-produced when you want?

Lothar52 (04-27-2013)
Old 04-27-2013, 01:03 PM
Veteran Member

can not be reproduced when I want...which is why I thought maybe I was hearing things...but yesterday heard it 2-3 times and once when the car was not even on...thats when i said...enough is enough!

Old 04-27-2013, 02:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 183 Posts

Sometimes when I get in my car with my seat in driving position my key fob in my right front pocket hite the bottom of the steering wheel and depresses one of the buttons which makes the cars horn activate. It's almost like a "bleep bleep".

But it is two small little short muted blasts of the horn. First time it happened I couldn't figure out what it was...I usually set my seat back all he way and teh steering wheel all the way in and up (position 3) to get in and out, but occasionally don't put it back. I noticed once that my key fob rubbed the bottom the steering wheel and heard the "beep beep". Then I took it out and did it with my hand...

Don't know if this is similar to what is happening with you...may be something associated with a signal from the key fob...

Maybe a sensor of some kind from a door or trunk that moves while you are driving?

Sounds like some kind of function is inadvertently being activated and due to the current state of the car the function cannot be carried out and you are getting a beep to tell you - "sorry I can't do that right now".

Lothar52 (04-27-2013)
Old 04-27-2013, 02:47 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by rscultho
Sometimes when I get in my car with my seat in driving position my key fob in my right front pocket hite the bottom of the steering wheel and depresses one of the buttons which makes the cars horn activate. It's almost like a "bleep bleep".

But it is two small little short muted blasts of the horn. First time it happened I couldn't figure out what it was...I usually set my seat back all he way and teh steering wheel all the way in and up (position 3) to get in and out, but occasionally don't put it back. I noticed once that my key fob rubbed the bottom the steering wheel and heard the "beep beep". Then I took it out and did it with my hand...

Don't know if this is similar to what is happening with you...may be something associated with a signal from the key fob...

Maybe a sensor of some kind from a door or trunk that moves while you are driving?

Sounds like some kind of function is inadvertently being activated and due to the current state of the car the function cannot be carried out and you are getting a beep to tell you - "sorry I can't do that right now".
There is some setting for alarm, trying to change them may eliminate the problem. There is an alarm if when the vehicule is being towed away, kind of sensor like this, but we may not be able to change setting if this is it.

Lothar52 (04-27-2013)
Old 04-27-2013, 02:51 PM
Veteran Member

Its just sort of annoying...I can tell of nothing that is actually malfunctioning with the car.. No warning lights or anything. It still goes like STINK. Its just weird... usually its just one beep not 2 - I cant even tell where its coming from? I will ask the jag dealership and drive it over my next day off. I think she just needs combed

Old 04-27-2013, 02:57 PM
Veteran Member

Its just sort of annoying...I can tell of nothing that is actually malfunctioning with the car.. No warning lights or anything. It still goes like STINK. Its just weird... usually its just one beep not 2 - I cant even tell where its coming from? I will ask the jag dealership and drive it over my next day off. I think she just needs combed
she needs more attention...it's what was happenning to me when i had these mis-acceleration...i could see all the car watching me

i finally fixed my mis acceleration by using an injector cleaner, the dealer was saying it is not recommended, but to have the injector box cleaned they needed a sign on the dashboard, if there is no sign, there is no trace on the check up too. so you just depend on if the problem happenned again when you are there, maybe if they could reproduce the different alarm sounds? you could recognize one? if i was to wait for the dealer i will still have the mis-aceleration as we changed the air sensor for nothing and i never got any signal appearing to get the injector box cleaned which i still think it's worth it, knowing there is no gas filter.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 04-27-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Lothar52 (04-27-2013)
Old 04-29-2013, 04:34 PM
Veteran Member

I will not use the injector cleaner a second time, and will insist to have the injector box clean if it can be done without troubles after.

they have 2 xkr s where i bought mine now, nice one here... I like how reg xkr looks discreet but i am tempted by the blue one sometimes...

XKR II (2) COUPE XKR-S 5.0 550 BVA Année 2012, Energie Essence - JAGUAR, Couleur intérieure cuir noir

Last edited by jagxk2008; 04-29-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:24 PM
Veteran Member

Took it to the dealer and reproduced it... They don't know what it is but the investigation starts Monday!

Old 04-30-2013, 01:38 PM
Veteran Member

Took it to the dealer and reproduced it... They don't know what it is but the investigation starts Monday!
good you could reproduced it, i hope they find quickly....keep us update.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:31 PM
Veteran Member

Just read a online article about my beep... Indeed it is more of a "chirp". And it does have multiple chirps at acceleration. They listed the following:

Worn or malfunctioning brakes
Failed strut/suspension bushing
Failed U joint (? If jag has)
Failed CV joint (? If jag has)

Let me know what everyone thinks...

Old 05-03-2013, 05:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 183 Posts

Just read a online article about my beep... Indeed it is more of a "chirp". And it does have multiple chirps at acceleration. They listed the following:

Worn or malfunctioning brakes
Failed strut/suspension bushing
Failed U joint (? If jag has)
Failed CV joint (? If jag has)

Let me know what everyone thinks...
Ok, at first I related this to a Beep sound like a horn. But is this "chirp" more like a high pitched whistle sound?

Our 05 Vanden Plas made a whoop sound on accelleration, sometimes it was high pitched depending on the force of accelleration. The problem there was with the friction plates in the transmission. The solution was the addition of a lubricant into the transmission fluid.

Multiple chirps at accelleration - especially audible in the cockpit - that sounds tramission related.

Suspension problems would show up in other ways as well, and a worn or failed UV joint would create a hum or possibly a vibration at certain speeds.

I think it is in the powertrain somewhere...sounds like you need to conduct some tests and write down the pre-test conditions that will generate the chirp or chirps and also conditions which do not generate the sound. Straight line hard acceleration, hard braking, turning under acceleration, braking with power applied (yes brakes on while accelerating just for a couple seconds), etc. Any scenarios which would exercise the systems suspected of creating the sound.

Last edited by rscultho; 05-03-2013 at 05:32 AM.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:24 AM
Veteran Member

I was able to reproduce it at the dealership.... It occurs during the following. It's a high pitch quick chirp just like a bird and lasts just as long. It is coming from the rear if the car.

1- when I have the car in P engine on ...switch to R and slowly let off the break.

2- when at a full stop and foot on break. Light turns green and hard acceleration. he 1-3 quick chirps from rear.

3- when cruising along with minimal road noise. Rarely but it does happen... A quick rear chirp.

4- the kicker.... Happened once when the car was off in P and I sat hard in the drivers seat. CHIRP!

many times in D if I let off the break slowly with slow acceleration I hear no chirp. There is no humm, and no obvious change in performance or feel. No warnings on dash.

Loth

Old 05-04-2013, 12:00 PM
Veteran Member

Your car still there? they have not fixed it yet?

Old 05-04-2013, 08:36 PM
Veteran Member

Goes in monday

Quick Reply: My first electrical Gremlin in my 2013 XKRS?!?