XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New to the family - XKR

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 10:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the family - XKR

Hi all, so I traded in my 2011 335i convert and got this bad boy. I wanted something with more power yet still luxurious, and I think this car provides just that. There are some things I am pretty surprised to not find such as an auxiliary outlet (I used to plug my droid into the beemer that way for music) and the command touch screen seems to have a few more steps to do certain things then I am used to. But overall I really appreciate what this car can do.

I want to do some body mods (make that back bumper a bit more aggressive) then side skirts to match. I noticed a few of the most common company's like Mina, Arden and I like one from paramount (just not sure how they will look on silver). Wheels, I really like the stock black 20's from the black pack, I am not into chrome and nothing too crazy looking... so I'll check out some of everyone's pics for ideas. If anyone has some pics of a silver XK with some wheels I'd love to see it. I also want to slap an "R" badge in the grill, I got one of the sticker badges but I don't think I can affix that to the grill.

As for the motor, it seems there aren't too many options here. The easy option is the exhaust, air filters, and maybe ECU if its worth it.

But yeah, hello to all and I hope to add some value here.

Attached Thumbnails New to the family - XKR-screenshot_2013-05-07-00-17-32.png  
Old 06-07-2013, 10:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 85 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by BryanITMS
Hi all, so I traded in my 2011 335i convert and got this bad boy. I wanted something with more power yet still luxurious, and I think this car provides just that. There are some things I am pretty surprised to not find such as an auxiliary outlet (I used to plug my droid into the beemer that way for music) and the command touch screen seems to have a few more steps to do certain things then I am used to. But overall I really appreciate what this car can do.

I want to do some body mods (make that back bumper a bit more aggressive) then side skirts to match. I noticed a few of the most common company's like Mina, Arden and I like one from paramount (just not sure how they will look on silver). Wheels, I really like the stock black 20's from the black pack, I am not into chrome and nothing too crazy looking... so I'll check out some of everyone's pics for ideas. If anyone has some pics of a silver XK with some wheels I'd love to see it. I also want to slap an "R" badge in the grill, I got one of the sticker badges but I don't think I can affix that to the grill.

As for the motor, it seems there aren't too many options here. The easy option is the exhaust, air filters, and maybe ECU if its worth it.

But yeah, hello to all and I hope to add some value here.
Welcome Bryan, congratulations, I had a problem for one year with Arden and a so called new suspension module (used) sent into a used plastic bags with the wrong measures and it has killed the car totally, there was no resolution with Arden, even if others parts are different I will never buy a sticker there.

The following users liked this post:
BryanITMS (06-07-2013)
Old 06-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, good to know. Thanks for that. I do like some of there body part, but seem real expensive compared to some others.

Originally Posted by jagxk2008
Welcome Bryan, congratulations, I had a problem for one year with Arden and a so called new suspension module (used) sent into a used plastic bags with the wrong measures and it has killed the car totally, there was no resolution with Arden, even if others parts are different I will never buy a sticker there.

Old 06-07-2013, 11:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 85 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by BryanITMS
Damn, good to know. Thanks for that. I do like some of there body part, but seem real expensive compared to some others.
yes you will expect a great service, I can't hijack your post and describe the nightmare i went with them, they knew it was their fault and wnated me to drive there 3000 km to pay to fix the damage done, with their german accent, the module arrived, there was a velcro attached on one side the other velcro part was missing,m the top of the module was going away, it was inside a clear transparent plastic bag so dirty you could see inside, was supposed to lower 20 mm it has lowered it of 2 inches. I messed all front bushing in 30 days, their argument was jaguar Germany tolerate arden while other country (france) do not tolerate them and it has killed my warranty, i spent 3500 euros not to resolve the problem. I went to Spain to have it resolved, and paid again before i sold it cause it has been such nightmare i could not enjoy it at all.

when you see the nice building and website, you will expect the opposite, it is simple even the invoice they sent i could not read it, no ink. this module was 2000 euros, set up at a jaguar dealership in france too. It was also dangerous driving an xj 2007 with 2 inches lower..tied but dangerous...I had a switch and i could lower the car when i wanted.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 06-07-2013 at 11:13 AM.