XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

ODB2 Water Temp Gauge Installed

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 05:15 PM
Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
Default ODB2 Water Temp Gauge Installed

After having my coolant hose leak and knowing there is no real temp gauge I decided to see what odb options were out there. I came across this on Amazon and figured it was worth a shot. Got it this afternoon and am very pleasantly surprised.

It is very nicely shaped and comes with 90degree connector so it barely protrudes. The color is very vibrant when it powers up and pretty straight forward settings. When the car shuts off and I set the alarm, the unit shuts off too. BTW - You can select either MPG or KM.

I tried the unit it the wife's truck and it works perfectly there too! Tested out the coolant alarm and set it to 203 to see how it performed. Beeped and flashed in RED when it hit the trigger. You can set it to show you Battery Voltage, RPM, MPG, Coolant Temp etc.. on the center portion.

It will also scan / clear codes !

I'll post some longer term updates the more I get to use it, but since it's raining here this weekend, probably won't be much until next week.

I think this may be a great solution for those looking for a small gauge they can mount somewhere and not have to deal with a bluetooth/android setup. Price came out to 35.99 after a 10% discount they were offering.

https://www.amazon.com/Multi-Function-Digital-Temperature-Voltage-Vehicles/dp/B01HET7ANE/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=VRM0HVRMPBTEXTE62M3P https://www.amazon.com/Multi-Function-Digital-Temperature-Voltage-Vehicles/dp/B01HET7ANE/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=VRM0HVRMPBTEXTE62M3P

Attached Thumbnails ODB2 Water Temp Gauge Installed-img_9483.jpg   ODB2 Water Temp Gauge Installed-img_9484.jpg   ODB2 Water Temp Gauge Installed-img_9485.jpg   ODB2 Water Temp Gauge Installed-img_9488.jpg   ODB2 Water Temp Gauge Installed-img_9482.jpg  

The following 2 users liked this post by myexcursion:
ralphwg (06-16-2017), tberg (06-16-2017)
Old 06-16-2017, 07:39 PM
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Your's appears to read Fahrenheit. I recently got one and I can't seem to be able to get it to read F. The instructions don't include how to adjust. Any help would be appreciated. Also, does anyone know the Jaguar XKR optimal temperature range

Old 06-16-2017, 07:49 PM

I scrolled through the settings and then towards the bottom of the list is a part that allows you to select MPG or MPL, C or F, KM or M. just press in and then scroll left/right and tap it when you see the desired selection. If you hold the button down a little too long , then it goes to the previous screen. I'll double check tomorrow on the menu settings.

Old 06-16-2017, 08:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexKeyWest
Your's appears to read Fahrenheit. I recently got one and I can't seem to be able to get it to read F. The instructions don't include how to adjust. Any help would be appreciated. Also, does anyone know the Jaguar XKR optimal temperature range
195*F to 205*F is normal running temp.

Old 06-16-2017, 08:36 PM

The unit allows you to change between km and m C and F.

Tip - Only thing is that when setting the temp limit - the unit thinks it's in C. So I set it to trigger at 105C which is roughly 221F. When you go back to the gauges screen it's all in F. I tested the alarm by setting it to 95C ( 203F ) and saw it trigger , beep and flash in red.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:09 AM
Received 214 Likes on 149 Posts

You have to have the "plus" version to be able to change to English (US) units.

On hot days, over 100F, mine goes over 220F at a stop light. I set the warning temp to 225F and have not gotten any warnings.