XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Ordering a 2013 XK or XKR

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 05:40 PM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Ordering a 2013 XK or XKR

For those of you that have discussed ordering a 2013 XK or XKR with your dealer, what are they telling you about timing? I know that you can no longer order 2012's and one dealer told me that you can't even order a 2013 for another month and then it will take until November to get the car. Another dealer also said another month to order and then 4 months to arrive.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:37 PM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

My XK is on order already. I spoke to the dealer yesterday, and he said they start 2013 production at the end of May. He said mine should be a June build, and he expects it to be delivered by the end of July.

He said he ordered an XKR-S for anther customer, and expects that one to be on the same schedule as mine.

As I recall, when I first told them that I wanted to order the car last month, they said that they would reserve a place in the production line. (or words to that effect.) He had also told me that I had until the end of this month to finalize any changes that I wanted to make in the order.

So, unless my dealer has told me a complete lie, I think you should be able to get a place in line, even though production hasn't started yet.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:43 PM

The other thing he told me yesterday was that they still had not received pricing from Jaguar for the 2013s. However, I told him that the pricing has been shown online for the past 2 weeks. So, he went online to the Jag site, saw the prices there, wrote up the order using those prices, and I gave them a $1,000 deposit.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:38 PM

Looks like the pricing for the 2013's is the same as the 2012's except that the 20" wheels are now standard instead of a $3,500 up charge--not very often that prices go down from one model year to the next! Makes me wonder if I'm being told that there's a long waiting time for a 2013 just to try and entice me into taking a left over 2012. I wouldn't have a problem with that for the right deal since the cars are identical, but I want Italian Racing Red with charcoal standard seats with red stitching (do not want the sport seats--must have ventilated seats here in Houston), Jet headliner, piano black trim, and 20" Takoba wheels with red calipers and there doesn't appear to be a 2012 anywhere in the country that meets that criteria. I don't mind waiting a reasonable time to order one since the car is for my wife and her current ride's lease isn't up until October, although we could get out early if the car came in prior to that.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:10 PM

I was particular about the specs on my car too, so I chose to order and wait, rather than just take something that wasn't everything I wanted. I know how I am with cars, and I'll have this thing at least 10 years. (or if I get tired of it, I'll give it to my son.) Either way, I'm a picky b*stard. :-)

I think the reason the pricing stayed the same as 2012 is because the car is exactly the same. There are zero changes. In fact, I think they're tossing in the 20" wheels for free, because this is probably the last year of this model, and they want to throw a carrot out there, trying to entice folks to get it, rather than wait until next year's model.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:29 PM
RJC
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

The 20's went down to $3500 from $5000 for MY 2012, the offer for 13 is great but can you choose any 20 like the Nevis?

Old 04-19-2012, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by RJC
The 20's went down to $3500 from $5000 for MY 2012, the offer for 13 is great but can you choose any 20 like the Nevis?
No, you can't pick just any 20. For 2013, the Nevis wheels are $1000 extra.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:33 AM
RJC
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Still a 2500 savings, a great deal

Old 04-20-2012, 12:50 PM

The Takobas I want are included with no upcharge. Lucky me.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Smile

I ordered a 2013 XKR to spec'. I was advised that the factory completion date is May 25th. Allowing for shipment to the west coast in Canada, July early is the delivery. It is coming with the 20" Vulcan polished wheels.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:52 AM

I just ordered a 2013 XKR. Still waiting on the dealer to inform me of build and delivery date. Hope it's in July like yours.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:01 AM

Perhaps it depends on when you place the order. I ordered mine about April 2nd or so.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:18 AM

So there are now three of us with a 2013 on order. That's great! I thought I was going to be the only one with that kind of patience. :-)

Lug Nut, what color combo are you getting?

Old 05-12-2012, 11:55 AM

XKR: Stratus Grey Metalic, Charcoal with Ivory Stitch, Performance Seats, Dynamic Pack, Full Active Exhaust, Chrome Grills, Stainless Pedals, Vulcan 20" Polished Wheels and Wheel Center Red Badges. Hopefully it looks and drives great.

Old 05-12-2012, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Lug_Nut
XKR: Stratus Grey Metalic, Charcoal with Ivory Stitch, Performance Seats, Dynamic Pack, Full Active Exhaust, Chrome Grills, Stainless Pedals, Vulcan 20" Polished Wheels and Wheel Center Red Badges. Hopefully it looks and drives great.
That sounds like it's going to be beautiful, and you know it's going to drive great.

I ordered the base XK. Indigo Blue, with ivory/charcoal interior. It's coming with 20" Orona wheels, but I'm not going to keep those. I'm going to switch them out to Kasugas, which I'm getting separately. (couldn't order them with the car)

There is only one thing that I still might change, and that's the exterior color. While I have always had in my head that Indigo was the perfect color for me, I recently saw pictures of the car in Kyanite Blue, and wow...it was a real eye opener. Basically, the Indigo is richer and more refined, while the Kyanite is sportier and edgy. That color really stands out from the crowd. So, I have to decide if I want to go subtle, or kick ***. :-)

Old 05-14-2012, 06:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by aahmichael
There is only one thing that I still might change, and that's the exterior color. While I have always had in my head that Indigo was the perfect color for me, I recently saw pictures of the car in Kyanite Blue, and wow...it was a real eye opener. Basically, the Indigo is richer and more refined, while the Kyanite is sportier and edgy. That color really stands out from the crowd. So, I have to decide if I want to go subtle, or kick ***. :-)
If you are a blue fan like me, Kyanite Blue is really wow indeed!

Old 05-14-2012, 06:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 325 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
If you are a blue fan like me, Kyanite Blue is really wow indeed!
I love it also, but I'm not sure if its boldness might wear off in time. Something like colour is so personal that it's tough to guide others...or let others guide you.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:16 AM
Received 38 Likes on 14 Posts

If I had gotten to pick my color, the Kyanite Blue would have been it. If you can make your way to the dealership to see what it looks like in person, I'd highly reccomend it. I'm not sure pictures would do it justice... I saw an XF in Kyanite at one of the dealerships I went to and was pretty impressed.

I've never seen indigo though, and as Bruce said, its such a personal thing. Either way, you're going to have a pretty unique (and awesome looking) car... I remember reading stats somewhere (here?) that said the vast majority of XKs / XKRs are ebony, ultimate black, gray, silver, or white.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMCP
If I had gotten to pick my color, the Kyanite Blue would have been it. If you can make your way to the dealership to see what it looks like in person, I'd highly reccomend it. I'm not sure pictures would do it justice... I saw an XF in Kyanite at one of the dealerships I went to and was pretty impressed.

I've never seen indigo though, and as Bruce said, its such a personal thing. Either way, you're going to have a pretty unique (and awesome looking) car... I remember reading stats somewhere (here?) that said the vast majority of XKs / XKRs are ebony, ultimate black, gray, silver, or white.
I have seen both in person. Indigo is very dark, almost black. I bet it must look fantastic at night; appearing blacker than black. It takes a lot of sunlight to really see the detail in the color.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 325 Likes on 201 Posts

Just Googled and while survey results vary pretty widely using different criteria, here's one for "most popular sports car colors" that surprised me...Sports Car Colors – What Shades Are Most Popular - The CarWoo! Chronicle | The CarWoo! Chronicle.

Quick Reply: Ordering a 2013 XK or XKR