Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Radio/Nav problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 07:34 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Radio/Nav problems

Hello Gents,

Iīm facing some trouble with the radio of my 2007 XK coupe. The radio stucks in the boot process and loops. The jaguar logo comes up, then it flickers and it reboots again. I can hear the dvd player in the trunk who is making reading noise. first I thought it is the dvd player ...like you guys do...:-) but....

I also have a 2007 xk (convertible) and I have exchanged the dvd player and the 2 other modules between the cars. No change ! I have moved the complete front unit (display,radio et cetera.) with all attached gimmicks.

It boots and the logo is visible for a minute, I can hear that the cd changer flips the discs, then it shuts down and the display turns off. It will not turn on again whatever I do, except if I disconnect some plugs on the back of the unit. If I put the radio assembly back into the convertible it works flawless.

Is there any other module that could cause this ?

Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter.

Thanks
Frank

Old 08-05-2017, 08:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,140 Likes on 3,383 Posts

Possible weak battery in the coupe since it works fine in the convertible.

Old 08-05-2017, 08:46 PM

Hi Stuart,

you are right, I have forgotten to mention that I have replaced the battery already.

Thanks for your help
Frank

Old 08-06-2017, 03:23 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a 5.0 2009 R model, I know they are different but thought I'd reply since I had this problem briefly... when I purchased the car it was already fitted with the IPOD adaptor in the arm rest and for some reason had 2 cables... I purchased a tune2air device and it kept making the stereo reboot constantly but I'd fitted the tune2air to the other cable... when I swapped cables it went away, and then one day (I'd forgotten) I connected an ipod touch that I'd forgotten I had to the other cable and again it started doing it...

Old 08-16-2017, 03:26 AM

Hi Nico,

thanks for your reply to this. The radio was working fine and I have changed nothing in between. I had nothing attached to it (never) .The battery was flat after my vacation and I bought a new one, since then I have the trouble. I also attached a second one at the dealer place but still have the same issue.

cheers
frank

Old 08-16-2017, 04:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,159 Likes on 3,090 Posts

First, make sure you charge your battery absolutely to the MAXIMUM... seriously. One full day with a 6 Amp charger at least. Then, with your battery cables removed from the battery, touch the NEG and POS cable ends together for several seconds. No, this won't damage anything and is even the recommended procedure for a hard reboot. Reconnect the cables to the correct battery posts. You will probably need to reset a couple things (like your windows) and possibly the seats, but nothing important will be lost.
If THAT doesn't fix anything, maybe buy another car?

Old 08-17-2017, 09:43 AM
Received 333 Likes on 201 Posts

Rather than buy another car, maybe just take it to the Jaguar dealer for diagnostics.

Old 08-17-2017, 02:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,133 Likes on 1,307 Posts

My vote is for the new battery not being up to full charge (which is very often the case).

Old 08-17-2017, 09:03 PM

hi,

thanks for the comments, battery is not the issue, today I have tested it again. Here is what I have found out. First it is a fiber bus system, each component is looped through the next device, if one device fails somehow there might be a problem. Now I have checked the fiber connectivity with a laser pointer and figured out where the fibers are pointing to.

When I unplug the connector A (information and entertainment module) I could see a red flashing light from the device that usually should go somehow to the TSD module connector B (thatīs how it works on my second XK) . But it doesnīt. No light signal is passing through. The fiber connector A is not going to the trunk nor to any other device in the front, so I assume it goes into the amplifier and be rerouted back to the TSD module. This is the only part that I didnīt have swaped so far. Any suggestion where I could find the amplifier ?

thank you all, you guys.
frank

Attached Thumbnails Radio/Nav problems-fibre-diagram.jpg   Radio/Nav problems-radio-back.jpg  
Old 08-18-2017, 12:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,893 Likes on 1,284 Posts

I think the amp is in the passenger foot rest, towards the firewall, under the carpet.