Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2010 XKR No start

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2023, 02:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 XKR No start

Hello Boys and Girls,
I have owned a few XJ's in my past and I have moved to a XKR with 33K on the odometer, the jury is still put on if that was a good move or not. I went to war with my wife to buy this car and after a little over a month of ownership it has taken a crap on me. This could turn out to be somewhat of a self-inflected mistake, but we will see.
I bought the car in Florida and drove it home to Michigan, from the start I had a couple of Oh **** moments when the car would not start and had a low battery message on the dash but I made it home. In the following couple of week this continued a few times until I bought a regular battery not an AGM and it has been fine for a few weeks now but still getting the dash message low battery. I also made a recent purchase of a OBD2 diagnostic unit and I wanted to try it out and see if the car had any codes that I should be keeping an eye on so I connected it ran a test and report , then I erased the codes, in the process of doing this I had started and shut of the car a number of times and leaving the car off with the ignition on and then disconnected the unit and called it a night.
Now this is where I have no idea what happened, I'm not sure if everything was shut down or what but I went out the next day and the car war dead would not start or turn over, nothing. the radio come on the climate control works but nothing to the motor.
I charge the battery, same thing, nothing turns over. I discounted the battery and did a load test and it show weak but I think it should still click or engage the solenoid.
And another thing, I do not know how to get it into neutral to get it out of my garage if i had to have it towed to the shop. I have read all the things say it's the battery but this is 4 week old and has a full charge , it should do something more than what it does.
I am open to try anything and everything to get it back on the road.
Cheers

Old 07-07-2023, 06:21 AM
Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts

Wrong forum for your car. Recommend you repost your question in the X150 forum. Lots of helpful people there.
XK150 forum is for vintage cars from the 1950s