XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Roof Module

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 10:28 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Roof Module

XKR 2007

Hi, after a number of test I being told by the workshop that the roof module may be faulty. I've also read somewhere that this some module also controls the central locking which happens to be working just fine. Is it possible that the module could be faulty and at the same time control the central locking without an issue?

Many thanks.

Old 09-22-2017, 10:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,981 Likes on 2,123 Posts

Originally Posted by Colt23
XKR 2007

Hi, after a number of test I being told by the workshop that the roof module may be faulty. I've also read somewhere that this some module also controls the central locking which happens to be working just fine. Is it possible that the module could be faulty and at the same time control the central locking without an issue?

Many thanks.
That information is not correct. The roof module controls the roof and quarter windows only. It is connected to the same CANbus internal communications network as central locking, but so are many other modules.

Please give us details of your problem, maybe I or another member can help.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:25 PM
Default Roof Module

Thank you for your note and particular the point about what the module does and doesn't operate.

Initially the parcel shelf warning message was displaying and the roof would of cause not move. The immediate cable and proximity reader on it was changed and then the wiring to the module was tested. In the progress of opening and closing the roof manually the "Roof not Latched" message has appeared, and even thought the roof had been manually latched using the Allen key in the front latching mechanism.

Since then the quarter windows have gone up and down and roof has shut to within an inch of being completely shut. (I believe the jaws on the latching mechanism were slightly out of position and this stopped it fully closing) All of this take place after discounting the battery for half an hour or so. However none of the operation, roof shutting, quarter windows operating have ever done so all at the same time. As such it would seem that all the wiring connections are fine, the mechanical and hydraulic systems are okay, but the timing of all events are out of sync.

Old 09-25-2017, 02:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,981 Likes on 2,123 Posts

After the battery disconnect BOTH the front windows MUST be reset or the top will no operate properly. To reset each window:

· Ignition ON
· Raise window up to the top seal and release
· Raise again until window stops moving
· Release
· Press Raise button again for a 2 seconds
· Lower window fully
· Release
· Press lower button again for a further 2 seconds until a relay is heard to CLICK

It is a good idea to repeat the sequence a couple of time in case it does not 'take' the first time.

Now try to cycle the top. If the top does not go down properly it will need to be manually reset. This is done by manually lowering the top and stowing it. Then, make sure the pump is put back to automatic mode, the luggage screen is deployed and the boot is shut. Now try to close the top. It should be back to normal at this point.

The following 2 users liked this post by WhiteXKR:
drbbop (09-26-2017), ralphwg (09-25-2017)
Old 10-01-2017, 06:54 PM
Default Roof Module

Thanks again WhiteXKR.

Working on the the car yesterday with the instructions you provided I have now managed to close the roof and all windows. The message roof not latched has also disappeared. However, when opening the roof the quarter windows went down before the operation stopped and the dash again came up with the message Pacel Shelf not in Place. I was able to get the quarter windows back up simply by using the close button on the roof, but despite using the reset windows function you described previously the roof function would not move passed the quarter windows going down.

I have previously had the parcel shelf small wiring loom check, and the wiring loom to the roof module, all of which I was told were working correctly. Again any help you may be able to offer will be much appreciated.

Regards.