XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Samsung S7 Edge will not pair and dock

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 08:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Samsung S7 Edge will not pair and dock

My Lg v10 works with car, my samsung note 3 works with car, a samsung not 5 works with the car, But the S7 with Android 7.0 will pair temporarily but will not dock. Replaced phone with another and the same problem.

Last edited by GGG; 05-24-2017 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Add vehicle details / remove email address
Old 05-24-2017, 02:01 AM
GGG
Received 16,798 Likes on 12,167 Posts

Welcome to the forum joe mish,

I've moved your question from General Tech Help to XK/XKR forum. Members here with the same model and same phone will be able to help.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some information about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 05-24-2017, 10:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 5,160 Likes on 3,090 Posts

Unpair everything in your car and phone.
Do a hard boot of the car by disconnecting the positive battery cable and momentarily touching it to the negative battery cable (a few seconds). This will reset all the volatile memory. Reconnect the positive cable.
Try pairing your phone again.
You may have to reset your windows and convertible top, doesn't state if you have a coupe or not. Also unlikely, but seat and stereo settings may also be gone.

The following users liked this post:
joe mish (05-24-2017)
Old 05-24-2017, 12:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you Cee Jay; It is a Convertible by reset the windows and top did you mean in the trunk with the hex wrench?

Old 05-24-2017, 01:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,166 Likes on 2,335 Posts

Originally Posted by joe mish
Thank you Cee Jay; It is a Convertible by reset the windows and top did you mean in the trunk with the hex wrench?
Not sure what Cee Jay meant Joe but the coupes sometimes need the windows reset after a hard battery reset. I don't know about the convertables.

Pairing new phones with older bluetooth modules is hit and miss. Cee Jay gave you the best advice to start. Delete all old phone books, paired phones and start from scratch.

It used to be that you had to buy a newer BT module off an 09 or newer to get the phones to work. THat's what many of us have done. I did and it works fine now. I get the phones battery power, signal strength, last ten calls and full phone book.

Now the modules are pricey and if you're patient you can find them for about $175 on eBay but, as an alternative, reach out to Cambo on this forum. He's been able to update the firmware inside your current BT module. He can explain the process. You'd need to ship it to him and back etc.

Old 05-24-2017, 02:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,160 Likes on 3,090 Posts

Originally Posted by joe mish
Originally Posted by Sean W
Not sure what Cee Jay meant Joe but the coupes sometimes need the windows reset after a hard battery reset. I don't know about the convertibles.
NOT in the boot with anything.
Sean is correct, the window position reset procedure needs to be accomplished to regain the full auto feature and align with the top/roof seals. With the power on/engine started, hold one window switch full up or down, opposite what it to begin, and hold it for five seconds beyond full-stop of window travel. Then hold it the opposite direction for another five seconds past full-stop. Sometimes another time is necessary, but not always. The full-auto up and down should again work correctly. Sometimes, not common, the convertible top needs reset. Same basic procedure..... if you DO NOT have Steve's remote top controller which operates on a single press, you must cycle through a full top up/top down by holding the button until each process is completed. Of course, you must do this regardless. Maybe WITH Steve's kit you need to do this? I can't rightly recall now.... Old Age.