XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Sat Nav

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 04:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sat Nav

Reversed the 2013 XKR Conv out of the garage and noticed that the reversing camera was not working. I hadn't driven the car for about a month although it had been on trickle charge while in the garage. I then noticed that nothing was working. No Sat Nav, no climate control, no phone no nothing. The Jag emblem just flashed on and off. Tried turning the car off and restarting but no use.
Naturally the car is 4 months out of warranty but only has 12,000 miles so not too happy about this.

Tried looking for previous threads on this but with no luck. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions before I take it to the dealer?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Old 05-22-2017, 04:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 969 Likes on 654 Posts

I'd give it another shot at the charge. I've noticed that my trickle charger won't kick back on if the load is high enough once it's in trickle mode.

Old 05-22-2017, 05:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by Eastneuk
Reversed the 2013 XKR Conv out of the garage and noticed that the reversing camera was not working. I hadn't driven the car for about a month although it had been on trickle charge while in the garage. I then noticed that nothing was working. No Sat Nav, no climate control, no phone no nothing. The Jag emblem just flashed on and off. Tried turning the car off and restarting but no use.
Naturally the car is 4 months out of warranty but only has 12,000 miles so not too happy about this.

Tried looking for previous threads on this but with no luck. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions before I take it to the dealer?

Thanks in advance.

Chris
Get a meter and check the battery voltage. It should be 12.6 V. If anything lower then get it charged with a battery "CHARGER" and not a trickle or smart charger. Should be 10-20Amp charger.