XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Weird start up issues 2007 XK

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 02:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird start up issues 2007 XK

Has anyone experienced start up issues either when front tires are turned or/if you turned off the car and turn it back on quickly?

Today, I was headed for lunch, forgot my cell phone, parked the car and ran to get my phone, returned to the car and it was dead. The FOB key would not work and the driver door would not close all the way. I went back to my office for 10 mintues, returned to the car and tada....fob key worked and car fired up right away.

A couple of months ago I parked the car with the wheels turned and the car would fire up....but then die. I remembered I has taken the car in for service and at the service line the car was parked with wheels turned, they had the same problem and advised, it's a jag issue. Car won't stay fired up if tires are turned.

Old 05-06-2011, 02:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 430 Likes on 323 Posts

I think you should post in this Forum:

2007+ XKR - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Old 05-07-2011, 05:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

OK, moved off to the proper area , thanks anyway for this reminder

Old 05-07-2011, 06:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 183 Posts

That's WEIRD (all caps)

Never heard of this. I stopped just yesterday to fill up and turned the car off with the wheels turned to the left. It was probably off for, what, 5 minutes? I did go in and by some lottery tickets but it took like a couple minutes.

Mine started up fine. I've never had any issues starting the car, even though I had a low battery a couple weeks ago and bought a new one.

IN FACT, I would have the battery checked out. Once the battery voltage in these cars dips below a steady voltage of 11.7, you start getting weird issues with memory settings and other weird hiccups. Now I have been told that by two separate techs at two dealerships.

Originally Posted by straycat
Has anyone experienced start up issues either when front tires are turned or/if you turned off the car and turn it back on quickly?

Today, I was headed for lunch, forgot my cell phone, parked the car and ran to get my phone, returned to the car and it was dead. The FOB key would not work and the driver door would not close all the way. I went back to my office for 10 mintues, returned to the car and tada....fob key worked and car fired up right away.

A couple of months ago I parked the car with the wheels turned and the car would fire up....but then die. I remembered I has taken the car in for service and at the service line the car was parked with wheels turned, they had the same problem and advised, it's a jag issue. Car won't stay fired up if tires are turned.

Old 05-07-2011, 05:34 PM
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

there's a TSB covering the locking issue - requires a software update to the CJB and AJB.

NUMBER: JTB00147
An issue has been identified where after returning to the vehicle less than 10 minutes after locking, the customer is unable to unlock the vehicle with the remote handset and, after using the mechanical key to enter the vehicle, the engine will not crank. After 10 minutes the vehicle will recover and operate normally. This may be caused by a software issue with the Central Junction Box (CJB) and Auxiliary Junction Box (AJB).

There's another TSB covering no-start issues on early XKs with VINs less than B05215 which seem to cut the battery power if there's an ABS fault - may have been triggered by the turned wheels. My old 97 XK8 had a problem with the wiring harness to one of the front wheel sensors which was responsible for some ABS issues...

The following users liked this post:
straycat (05-16-2011)