XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Went to the F-Type launch

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 09:06 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Went to the F-Type launch

Trotted down to Gaudin to look at the F-type. They had two available for test drive but I did not bother as I am more interested in the coupe. The other thing is that both the test cars had those enormous wheels fitted which is just another way of discovering how many crap roads we have here. To be honest the plain model in the showroom looked fine on 18"s, although the plain interior and seat were a bit disappointing. Hard to see the MSRP in the base interior IMHO.

The trunk is tiny and I could not see a spare, just an inflator gadget. I see that Jaguar show a space saver in their option list and state that it fits in the trunk. If that where it goes then there is no point in stopping at the grocery store for some shopping unless you keep it down to the passenger footwell capacity. Sorry to labour the point but no spare does not work in the desert SW. There are too many places where a 50 mile runflat just gets you to the next place in the middle of nowhere with no cell service.

Overall I thought the convertible looked better in person than in the pictures, although a lady I was talking to made one interesting comment. She likened the nose to the Saturn Sky. Yeowch!! I said try more Maserati Gran Sport, but she was still worried about the "Saturn look". The thing I did notice was that the F-type looked big compared to the Cayman, and taller than the 911. The Web shows the Jag is 4 inches longer than the Cayman and pretty much the same size as the 911 in all dimensions.

The salesmen made it clear that the F-type is meant to compete with the 911, not the Cayman. Hmm, let's see how that idea works when the motoring press wring out the F-type. They also said the coupe is at least a year away.

The following users liked this post:
v8cat (06-25-2013)