Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

West Palm Beach bargain?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 08:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts
Default West Palm Beach bargain?

Anyone in the West Palm Beach Fl. area that would like to take a drive over to this place and see what they have. I am having a hard time believing this deal and dealer. It just seems to good to be true and you know what that means. Also I don't see any pictures.
Cars for Sale: 2012 Jaguar XK R Convertible in Lake Worth, FL 33461: Convertible Details - 368817184 - AutoTrader.com

Old 03-28-2014, 08:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by jagtoes
Anyone in the West Palm Beach Fl. area that would like to take a drive over to this place and see what they have. I am having a hard time believing this deal and dealer. It just seems to good to be true and you know what that means. Also I don't see any pictures.
Cars for Sale: 2012 Jaguar XK R Convertible in Lake Worth, FL 33461: Convertible Details - 368817184 - AutoTrader.com
Jagtoes:

I alerted everyone to this car on 2/28/2014.

See post.......

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...uction-112763/

Carfax.....

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...&partner=ATD_W

Last edited by richzak; 03-28-2014 at 08:47 AM.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:53 AM
Received 157 Likes on 101 Posts

These guys are very reputable and sell a lot of cars. They have a "no haggle" approach to pricing and in almost every case, they sell at below market values. They're located just up the highway from my Florida condo, so when I'm down there, I often take a drive up to the West Palm lot to see what they've got. They have some great cars for sale.

That price does look to be great.

Old 03-28-2014, 08:56 AM
Veteran Member

Follow-up:

The car was originally leased at San Jose British Motors Jaguar in northern California.

If your serious about the car.....you could call the service manager at San Jose British Motors and Livermore, provide the last 6 digits of the VIN and see if he will provide the data about the serviceing of the car. They they were the ones who serviced the car throughout its life.

San Jose British Motors and Livermore is a reputable dealership, and they might just help. Doubtful they will provide records directly in paper form, but may speak to you over the phone on what was done and the shape of the car.

You have nothing to lose, except making the call and spending a few minutes.

Since the car ended up in Florida, it shows how easy auto transport is.

VIN: VIN: SAJWA4EC5CMB46817

Last edited by richzak; 03-28-2014 at 09:10 AM.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:14 AM
Veteran Member

I don't think that OffLeaseOnly will be making much on the car, since they bought it at auction, then had it shipped to Florida from California, so I am sure the price is rock bottom.

Call them and see if they will tell you how they acquired the car.

You know it was bought at the auto auction in California. See if they are straight up on the information.

Ask for the General Manager, not a salesman.

Always go to the top of the management chain.

At the price listed, this 2012 XKR Vert will probably won't last too long...it's an exceptional price.

Here's your chance Jagtoes. Just what you wanted, 2012, color, back up camera etc.

Last edited by richzak; 03-28-2014 at 10:45 AM.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by richzak
I don't think that OffLeaseOnly will be making much on the car, since they bought it at auction, then had it shipped to Florida from California, so I am sure the price is rock bottom.
I was looking at few cars from them when I bought the XK. They weren't helpful on area I asked them on. Great prices, but not a personable company.

Old 03-28-2014, 01:50 PM
Veteran Member

Call them and see if they will tell you how they acquired the car.

You know it was bought at the auto auction in California. See if they are straight up on the information.

Ask for the General Manager, not a salesman.

Always go to the top of the management chain.

At the price listed, this 2012 XKR Vert will probably won't last too long...it's an exceptional price.

Here's your chance Jagtoes. Just what you wanted, 2012, color, back up camera etc.
I talked to a sales guy this morning and wanted history and pictures. He didn't even see the car yet but said he will get me some. Also asked for other details but as he said he had no info because they just got the car. He told me the owner is the person who goes to the auctions and makes the selection. While this looks good I need to see the overall condition as the sales guy told me it's an as is sale and any warranty would be with Jaguar. Next I am supposed to be looking at a lease return car in NY in a few weeks. That is black with Ivory and 7000 miles and will sell for $72,000 without any negotiations discussion yet. Question here is 10,000 miles and a dealer worth an extra $10,000. Also got a call on the Okl. car and they are getting back to me. My bride is trying to stall me with the hopes one of my colors will come up but time and opportunity are going buy.

Old 03-28-2014, 02:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 183 Posts

Two years ago I bought the 2010 XKR Coupe I had for $61K and some change.

This one is a couple model years old and the mileage is not super low, so the price is not unbelievable.

Good luck with it!

Old 03-28-2014, 02:08 PM
Veteran Member

I talked to a sales guy this morning and wanted history and pictures. He didn't even see the car yet but said he will get me some. Also asked for other details but as he said he had no info because they just got the car. He told me the owner is the person who goes to the auctions and makes the selection. While this looks good I need to see the overall condition as the sales guy told me it's an as is sale and any warranty would be with Jaguar. Next I am supposed to be looking at a lease return car in NY in a few weeks. That is black with Ivory and 7000 miles and will sell for $72,000 without any negotiations discussion yet. Question here is 10,000 miles and a dealer worth an extra $10,000. Also got a call on the Okl. car and they are getting back to me. My bride is trying to stall me with the hopes one of my colors will come up but time and opportunity are going buy.
My suggestion is hire an independent auto inspector to review the car in Florida.....if it checks out on the body, and the paint is in top shape, I think the price would be hard to pass up. In my opinion, the saleperson at Offlease provided good details. Any car that is sold other than new, has to be sold AS-IS. He is correct, Jaguar warranties the car, not OffLease in Florida. The car still has 2 years of full warranty and it appears from the owners here on this forum that when they need warranty repair Jaguar has ALWAYS honored the factory warranty. No Jaguar dealership loses money on factory warranty work, as they always charge back Jaguar USA for any part and time for the labor spent.

By hiring the auto inspector, you get an unbiased opinion and report, and would be well worth spending $150 to save $10,000.

Only other option, find a well versed Forum member here to go and inspect the car personally, take photos, and pay him $100 bucks for his time and effort. What more could you ask for.

Shipping/transport from Florida to NY should be no problem what so ever.

I am quite sure that Offlease would even pick you up at the Miami airport for a fly and drive home up the east coast, which just might be a very nice drive in a ragtop.

No matter how you look at this 2012 Jaguar XKR, if it's in great shape and passes any required inspection from you, you won't beat the price.

I am sure that the car was sold at auction in the $53,000 to $55,000 price range. The closest car I have seen sold recently sold at auction was a 2011 XKR in Houston with 15,000 miles for $50,000 auction net price in late February.

Very few of these XKR's are sold at auction unless they are earlier models.

If you don't get this 2012 XKR, someone else will, because it's a great price, as you already know from all the research that you have done.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:25 PM
Veteran Member

These guys came back to me today with an offer of $75K un-certified .

2012 Jaguar XK R, $79,988 - Cars.com

Old 03-28-2014, 06:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 203 Likes on 148 Posts

I tried to deal with them a few years ago and the salesman just walked away without saying a word!

The unofficial reputation (whatever that means) is that they sell a lot of cars for low prices because the cars have been in accidents that often don't show up on CarFax -- would look carefully at the underbody, paint, etc. to see if there's any evidence of an accident.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,414 Posts

My experience with them is very similar to others. They have a high turnover of cars, make a quick profit but offer no support whatsoever. Their cars typically need some reconditioning as they are in auction condition.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:51 PM
Veteran Member

These guys came back to me today with an offer of $75K un-certified .

2012 Jaguar XK R, $79,988 - Cars.com
First question....what is it?

XKR or XKR-S.....ad is somewhat misleading.

2012 Jaguar XK R - $79,988

or

New for 2012 is Jaguar's top-of-the-line XKR-S Convertible. Its 5.0-liter supercharged V8 churns out a breathtaking 550 horsepower and has a top speed of 186 miles per hour, making the XKR-S the fastest production Jag ever.

Nice car, meets your budget, low miles, easy ship to NY. Since it's under warranty....why won't they certifiy the car?

I am referencing the Oklahoma car.

Old 03-28-2014, 07:00 PM
Veteran Member

First question....what is it?

XKR or XKR-S.....ad is somewhat misleading.

2012 Jaguar XK R - $79,988

or

New for 2012 is Jaguar's top-of-the-line XKR-S Convertible. Its 5.0-liter supercharged V8 churns out a breathtaking 550 horsepower and has a top speed of 186 miles per hour, making the XKR-S the fastest production Jag ever.

Nice car, meets your budget, low miles, easy ship to NY. Since it's under warranty....why won't they certifiy the car?

I am referencing the Oklahoma car.
It's an XKR and not an S. Someone screwed up the description and pasted the S info. The GM told me if they sell it for $75K there would be no certification but they would pay for a PPI if I set it up. Also they would help with shipping as they do this all of the time. My bride didn't care for the red seats but that's another story ,LOL. Price was a 1st pass so I still need to see the one in NY. I've got time . It just took me a month to buy a new set of golf clubs ,

Old 03-28-2014, 07:59 PM
Veteran Member

It's an XKR and not an S. Someone screwed up the description and pasted the S info. The GM told me if they sell it for $75K there would be no certification but they would pay for a PPI if I set it up. Also they would help with shipping as they do this all of the time. My bride didn't care for the red seats but that's another story ,LOL. Price was a 1st pass so I still need to see the one in NY. I've got time . It just took me a month to buy a new set of golf clubs ,
Have you eliminated the $60,900 2012 XKR Vert down in Palm Beach, Fl at OffLease?

Old 03-28-2014, 08:38 PM
Veteran Member

Have you eliminated the $60,900 2012 XKR Vert down in Palm Beach, Fl at OffLease?
Not yet just have multiple cars in the mix. Waiting for pic's from Fl and also from NY. Got another one in Md. and Vir. I'll wait until I am ready to make an offer. I may lose a few but will eventually find something . It's still cold up here so no rush.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:04 PM
Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts

Go directly to their website. Pics are available.
Used 2012 Jaguar XK XKR Convertible for sale in Florida

I've bought 4 or 5 cars from Offlease over the years. I've found them to be reputable and trustworthy. They are a volume dealer and the sales reps don't make commission on car price, only on the volume they sell, so they don't want to spend a lot of time holding hands on expensive cars. They get the majority of their cars via auction and do no detailing so the cars can be rough but price is right. They do sell a lot of accident cars so you have to inspect carefully. Saying that, they are generally honest and accurate. If they find a car has had and accident they will list it in the description even if car fax shows a clean record.
As others have suggested this is definitely a California car and the servicing dealer shows in the car fax. I'd put a call into them to confirm the history.

The following users liked this post:
richzak (03-28-2014)
Old 03-28-2014, 11:46 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Alljagz

I've bought 4 or 5 cars from Offlease over the years. I've found them to be reputable and trustworthy. They are a volume dealer and the sales reps don't make commission on car price, only on the volume they sell, so they don't want to spend a lot of time holding hands on expensive cars. They get the majority of their cars via auction and do no detailing so the cars can be rough but price is right. They do sell a lot of accident cars so you have to inspect carefully. Saying that, they are generally honest and accurate. If they find a car has had and accident they will list it in the description even if car fax shows a clean record.
As others have suggested this is definitely a California car and the servicing dealer shows in the car fax. I'd put a call into them to confirm the history.

"I'd put a call into them to confirm the history"
....exactly as I had suggested.

Photos look great....this car will sell.......it's a very good value for an 2012 XKR.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:21 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Alljagz

Thanks John as these were not on their site yesterday and when I talked to the sales guy he didn't know when pictures would be placed. They do look good but I guess in this case a visual inspection would be worthwhile. The other drawback is 17K miles which to some doesn't seem like much but I don't put 8500 miles on my daily driver anymore. I have to be in the West Palm Beach area next month so we'll see if it's still there and if not it won't be a problem.

Old 03-29-2014, 09:40 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have checked out a few cars at offleaseonly. They are exactly like what others have described here... They buy at auction and put it directly on the lot. They don't fix, clean, or recondition anything, so I would highly recommend either flying down to check it out yourself or having someone you trust go and check it out for you. The dealership is like an assembly line. They just toss you the keys to whatever vehicle you're looking at and then wait for you to decide if you want it or not.

Quick Reply: West Palm Beach bargain?