XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

This is where it gets WIERD

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 03:20 PM
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
Angry This is where it gets WIERD

I've only owned the car for 10 days, so maybe I'm missing something.
This weekend I was with a friend in CT. After dinner, about 6:30PM I handed my friend the Fob for the car, and asked her to retrieve something from the back seat. I gave her simple instructions as to how to open up the car, and then how to lock the doors. I told her that when the car locks in security mode that the mirrors would fold as they should. She called me on her cell phone, and reported that instead of locking the car, the windows opened! I watched from the second story balcony as she tried to lock the car. No luck, so I went down to help. I started the engine, as per the owner's manual, to reset everything, shut the engine off, and using the fob, attempted to lock up. I tried the fob first, and rather than locking the car, THE WINDOWS OPENED!!! She went back into the house, I tried again, and everything worked fine.
The next morning we decided to go for a ride. I unlocked the car and we got in. Her cell phone rang, and the car wouldn't start. After she finished the call, sitting in my dead car, the started car just fine. We experimented a bit, and found that the car acts up, when Sue has her cell phone turned ON!!! Turn it off, and there is no problem with the car. Phone is one of those newer Smart Phones by Samsung, on Sprint.
I am thinking that there might be a clash of technology between the modern 2017, and the older 2009 system. So then the question is: Has anyone else had a problem with their cars, of this age, a 2009, and what was their experience, and how was it corrected??

Old 11-26-2017, 04:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,160 Likes on 3,090 Posts

90% of all electrical issues are due to a Low Voltage Battery. How old is yours?
As far as the Windows Down, it's called Global Open, and happens when the remote is used with the "unlock" button pushed three times within two seconds or so.

The following 2 users liked this post by Cee Jay:
NBCat (11-26-2017), Rick'sJag (11-26-2017)
Old 11-26-2017, 05:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 651 Likes on 477 Posts

For my 2009 pressing and holding the unlock button rolls the windows down. It is possible in the dark the wrong button was pressed?

Any error on the screen when it wouldn't start?

If it isn't user error, I would begin by replacing the FOB's battery if it is of unknown age.

Last edited by Tervuren; 11-26-2017 at 05:15 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Rick'sJag (11-26-2017)
Old 11-26-2017, 05:54 PM
Received 2,579 Likes on 1,784 Posts

Have the battery checked. Should have 12.5+ volts across terminals with ignition OFF after five minutes.

If not, replace vehicle battery (group 49).

The following users liked this post:
Rick'sJag (11-26-2017)