Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Will my 1 year old fit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 04:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Will my 1 year old fit?

Hi all

After doing some research I've sold myself the idea of getting a 2013 XK 5.0 coupe. It seems to offer everything I am looking for but there is one final hurdle I have to get over.

I need to be able to get my one year old son and wife in the car. I don't think I can get away with another car just that's just for me as my wife already hates the fact we can't all use the E-type and I'd really like to be able to take the family out to shows, short breaks etc.

Therefore the ability to fit a car seat suitable for a 1 year old is a must. Can anyone tell me if you have carried little ones in the back of your XK/R. This needs to be infants rather than 4+ year olds on booster seats. If anyone can tell me what group 1 car seats (UK) fit and if you have pictures of the seat in your car that would be really helpful.

Thanks all

Trev

Old 11-03-2016, 06:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Kids are no problem in the back of an XK. At a certain age, several owners do not use a child seat as the actual seat is like a bucket child seat!

Old 11-03-2016, 08:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 6,141 Likes on 3,384 Posts

Trev,

I suspect that the laws are different in the UK and USA.

I recommend that you contact your local Jaguar dealer for advice, as I'm sure they are most qualified to answer your question and provide recommended brand/model infant seats for use in the back of the XK.

Let us know what you find out.

Stuart

Old 11-03-2016, 09:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 549 Likes on 380 Posts

When I had my first (1993), we had a Nissan 240SX and it was not fun getting the car seat in and out. But it is doable if you are patient.

There are car seat anchors in the back of the XK and instructions in the manual. I can see it fitting fine back there but I can also seeing it being inconvenient getting it in and out as the electric seats aren't that fast.

Old 11-03-2016, 09:35 AM
GGG
Received 16,799 Likes on 12,168 Posts

Although long past needing this even for grandchildren now, I noticed Jaguar listed several options in the XK Accessories Brochure:

Infant Carrier: P/N C2C 32922
Infant Carrier Isofix Base: C2C 32923
Child Seat: P/N C2C 28190
Booster Seat: P/N C2P 8615

Being Jaguar, they will be expensive if still available. The good news must be that the vehicle will take an Isofix base which should extend your options.

Graham

Old 11-03-2016, 02:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,414 Posts

After much searching, I finally did manage to find an infant car seat a few years ago that fit fine in the right rear seat and also fit my one year old daughter. The only 2 issues were the passenger seat had to be moved forward a bit to make it uncomfortable for any adult trying to sit in the front seat and it was a bit awkward, but doable, to get her in and out of the back. I'd also recommend either getting something to protect the leather (if equipped) seat bottom or pop it out all together.

Old 11-03-2016, 04:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,160 Likes on 3,090 Posts

Yes, if your wife is at least even a little bit on the tall side, it may be a problem. Getting the smallest possible infant seat would help, but watch those shoes. A lot of kicking can happen on the back side of the front seat. Remember THIS though.... what happens when the kid is three or four??? Or even five? I can't drive mine without the seat all the way back and I'm 6'-2". There is literally one inch between the front of the back seat and the back of the front seatback.