XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

XKR doing its nut

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Default XKR doing its nut

Hi Guys. I had a custom exhaust made for my xkr a couple of days ago. When i went to pick it up. Put my foot on the brake and pushed the button as normal. Wouldn't even turn over....dead....lights were on the dash, battery new. I did notice that the foot pedal was really hard to push in. I tried pushing start again and she fired up no problem. This not starting has happened quite a few times also each time the pedal is really hard to push in......not on the first try but on the tries after.
Also when i was driving i had a message appear which said ABS faulty and cruise control not working....the touch screen also went off. Then a second later all came back on again......She must be possessed LOL.
I talked to my mechanic he said that it is possible that it is all related to a faulty brake switch. Its not working properly, when the brake is applied to start the motor.
I have it booked in for Monday morn.
Anyone experience anything like this?
Do you think a surge when the exhaust was being welded could cause this?
Any ideas guys?............Cheers

Old 11-06-2012, 11:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,139 Likes on 3,383 Posts

Muncher,

See my 7-9-2011 post: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...se-time-57460/

Try pressing the start button BEFORE you step on the brake.

If that doesn't work, see this thread: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-problem-8247/

Let us know if this helps.

Stuart

p.s. How about posting a video of your new exhaust including sounds at idle, exhilarator pedal blip, and WOT away from a stop.

Last edited by Stuart S; 11-06-2012 at 11:24 PM. Reason: add p.s.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:31 PM
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi Stuart. Thanks for the reply. It seems to be all ok at the moment. I took it out for a good thrashing...lol Now all is good.
I read the links you provided, thanks. One post mentioned a short in the main fuse box. That could explain my problems. When mine fails to start the engine doesn't even turn over. It's just dead. Then try again 2 or 3 times then she starts. That would point to a faulty brake switch maybe? However yest the whole touch screen went off whilst i was driving. ABS faulty and cruise not available popped up in the msg screen. Then it all clicked back on again. This possibly points to a loose connection in fuse box maybe?
All i know is that at the moment it is all good. No codes popped up either.
I will try and get a sound clip up on the exhaust note. I am not totally pleased with it but it will do for now. It does have a deeper tone. No drone in the cabin either. The exhaust tips i really like. I prefer them to the originals...... Cheers.