Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK / XKR ( X150 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/)
-   -   XKR-S not selling? (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/xkr-s-not-selling-93719/)

drc 08-29-2013 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Matt in Houston (Post 800231)
I guess I'm in the minority who bought the XKR-S and loves it just how it is. I wouldn't change a thing about it except for the tires it comes with and I did change out the front orange reflectors with Euro spec clear ones.

If you don't want the extra power and you don't like the looks of the rear spoiler I can't on earth imagine why you wouldn't have bought the standard XKR. The XKR-S is special and should be kept outrageous looking IMO. It's very unique looking and one of a kind. The rear spoiler is aggresive, functional, and since its a stock piece on an extremely limited edition car I personally don't think it falls into the boy racer category. I have always reserved that for the tacky high wing aftermarket installs on your corner store variety civic or eclipse.

Just my opinion.

That's because you have missed the whole point of the XKRS. It's more of a drivers car. The steering has been improved with quicker turn-in. The suspension spring rates have been increased to 28% front and 32% in back. The stability control system has been remapped to allow the driver to be more involved. The car has been lowered by 0.4". The throttle response is quicker. The shift points are more track oriented and probably a dozen other things all for the purpose of taking it to the track. Yes I do take mine to the track. The only place that Jaguar fell down was to give it goofy colors and a boy racer wing on the back. Of course that is a totally subjective thing. I owned an XKR before buying the XKRS. All of the issues that I had with the XKR they fixed with the XKRS. The only thing that I don't like about the XKRS is the wing. Otherwise I love it. That is why I bought the XKRS. Not for looks.

Matt in Houston 08-29-2013 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by drc (Post 801344)
That's because you have missed the whole point of the XKRS. It's more of a drivers car. The steering has been improved with quicker turn-in. The suspension spring rates have been increased to 28% front and 32% in back. The stability control system has been remapped to allow the driver to be more involved. The car has been lowered by 0.4". The throttle response is quicker. The shift points are more track oriented and probably a dozen other things all for the purpose of taking it to the track. Yes I do take mine to the track. The only place that Jaguar fell down was to give it goofy colors and a boy racer wing on the back. Of course that is a totally subjective thing. I owned an XKR before buying the XKRS. All of the issues that I had with the XKR they fixed with the XKRS. The only thing that I don't like about the XKRS is the wing. Otherwise I love it. That is why I bought the XKRS. Not for looks.

Oh please, don't begin to lecture me. I haven't missed the point of anything. Everything you have said is written about in the dozens of articles I've researched and read months before I made my purchase.

If anything, it is you who have missed the point of what this limited edition vehicle is about. It's supposed to look this way; its different, its bold, its FUNCTIONAL. Jaguar wouldn't have received a fraction of the attention and publicity (good or bad) it has received from this car if they would have made the upgrades and kept it in the regular XKR body. Looks have a LARGE role in the direction Jaguar is headed. You should have just bought the XKR with the dynamic pack, which already has all of the above minus what you call a boy racer wing, that way you wouldn't of had to neuter your own car.

I'm not trying to argue here because I could actually care less, but lets not patronize one another. Last I checked we all are driving Jaguars, and each for our own reasons.

drc 08-30-2013 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by philhef (Post 801052)
So.... Does that mean you have a wing sitting around?????

Sold it to Mina Gallery. Now you can buy a knock-off for a lot less. I tried selling it here but I guess at $3200 it was too much. Mina didn't question the price.

drc 08-30-2013 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Matt in Houston (Post 801406)
Oh please, don't begin to lecture me. I haven't missed the point of anything. Everything you have said is written about in the dozens of articles I've researched and read months before I made my purchase.

If anything, it is you who have missed the point of what this limited edition vehicle is about. It's supposed to look this way; its different, its bold, its FUNCTIONAL. Jaguar wouldn't have received a fraction of the attention and publicity (good or bad) it has received from this car if they would have made the upgrades and kept it in the regular XKR body. Looks have a LARGE role in the direction Jaguar is headed. You should have just bought the XKR with the dynamic pack, which already has all of the above minus what you call a boy racer wing, that way you wouldn't of had to neuter your own car.

I'm not trying to argue here because I could actually care less, but lets not patronize one another. Last I checked we all are driving Jaguars, and each for our own reasons.

Like I said - if I had known about the dynamic pack I would have never spent the extra money for the XKRS. I wasn't tying to insult anyone. I was basically just giving DGS a thumbs up. I don't understand why you took it so personal but you did and I replied accordingly.

david i 08-30-2013 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Matt in Houston (Post 801406)
Oh please, don't begin to lecture me. I haven't missed the point of anythin

How much less? ;)

-d

Matt in Houston 08-30-2013 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by david i (Post 802418)
How much less? ;)

-d

Hmm...How about one big wing, less. :icon_musclecar:

lol

Matt in Houston 08-30-2013 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by drc (Post 802414)
Like I said - if I had known about the dynamic pack I would have never spent the extra money for the XKRS.

I didn't take anything personal until you started trying to tell me I've missed the point of the XKR-S (of which I own) being a drivers car. Have you looked at my sig, everything I've bought could be considered a drivers car. That's probably the first criteria I am after when I start looking for another car. And, like you, I wanted all the extras that are supposed to breathe more life into the driving dynamics of the XKR. I think they fell well short on steering feel but I am extremely happy with the car as a GT, none-the-less.

Sorry you didn't know about the dynamic pack if that was all you wanted extra. You are right, could have saved a ton of money probably. I bought the XKR-S for the whole package, but since it was used it cost about as much as a new XKR.

Props to DGL for doing his home work, and best regards to you.

amcdonal86 08-30-2013 09:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I wonder how functional that rear wing is.

I think something like this would work much better.
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...ine=1377917880

mosesbotbol 08-31-2013 07:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by amcdonal86 (Post 802466)

I think something like this would work much better.
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...ine=1377917880

The best rear wing ever conceived is on the Chaparral (as well as just being a super cool car).
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...ine=1377952442

DGL 09-01-2013 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by amcdonal86 (Post 802466)

Unless you're driving in excess of 120mph it's not functional.

drc 09-01-2013 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Matt in Houston (Post 800646)
I personally don't think Jag is after the traditional Jaguar buyer at all. I think their entire line up is going to shake up the market and I think we will see a lot of new buyers who never considered a Jag before, taking the plunge.

The XKR-S GT can hardly be called a production car, they made what, 30 of them? I read an article that said due to demand they may increase that to 50 cars. This car is not a money maker, its a publicity stunt and a way to increase public awareness of a new and aggressive Jaguar that is down to get dirty.

And I couldn't disagree more with amcdonal86, about the XKR-S looking silly...Granted I have an ownership bias and I understand that is his opinion with looks being largely subjective....But my experience owning the car has been the total opposite. Complete strangers have stopped me on several occasions in parking lots, gas stations, where ever I may be, to comment on how gorgeous this car looks. I have never had a car that gets so many compliments on its good looks than this one. As for performance, review after review comparing the XKR to the XKR-S states the improvements as largely welcomed and well worth the dough. Not that anyone should be worried about MSRP anyway, I picked up my '12 XKR-S for less than a '13 XKR, and I bet in less than 5 years my RS will be worth considerably more than that one year newer XKR, if simply because of its rarity.

I think the XKR-S, F-TYPE, XFR-S, and the new XJR are all creating waves of awareness in the direction Jaguar is headed...and if their future cars drive as good as my XKR-S does...I don't think there will be many more "not selling" threads for a long while.

This car looks and sounds amazing, and even better in person.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...ine=1377724052

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...ine=1377724052

I must admit - that BRG XKRS works!

Marmil68 09-06-2013 11:18 PM

It comes down to reliability. Have owned Ford and Tata XK's. they could never be my primary driver due to reliability issues. Just took a year to get a hood open warning light fixed on my 2012 convertible.

Bruce H. 09-06-2013 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Marmil68 (Post 807179)
It comes down to reliability. Have owned Ford and Tata XK's. they could never be my primary driver due to reliability issues. Just took a year to get a hood open warning light fixed on my 2012 convertible.

Rahtok 09-07-2013 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by amcdonal86 (Post 799541)
only the 2010 and 2011 models have the silly catfish look! :icon_tinykitball:

hey! :D

drc 09-07-2013 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Marmil68 (Post 807179)

I have owned Japanese cars,German cars, American cars and four Jaguars. The Jags that I have owned have been trouble free. My Tahoe has cost me a fortune on repairs. My Jeep Loredo had an intermittent issue with the engine going in to spasms. The engine would almost die then start jerking violently. It was particularly scary when it happened on the freeway. They never found the problem and I had to sell it at very low miles. My wife's Ford Thunderbird had to be sold because the breaks didn't work from day one. No shit, the day I bought it the breaks went out on the way home. I had to have it towed. My wife's Toyota Silica had multiple problems. She hated that car. My BMW was nothing but trouble and the same with my father's Mercedes. He bought a new Mercedes every two years and I was always taking his cars to the dealer for repair. My daughters Toyota 4 Runner has had some minor problems with warning light coming on for no reason. My Cadillac STS (3 of them) had some minor issues but enough to drive me to Jaguar (no pun intended).

Bottom line - three out of four of my Jaguar R cars have been completely trouble free. I had the spoiler come loose on one side on my S Type R but I can't remember any other problems with it. I have had my 2012 XKRS for over a year now and have not had one problem, not one rattle nothing. I can honestly say that all of my Jaguars have been the most trouble free cars that I have owned.

It sounds like you got one of the small percentage that have had trouble. That is unfortunate because Jaguar has worked very hard to loose the reputation (from the 60's) of being problematic by putting in world class quality control and they have accomplished their goal of making the best cars in the world.

Cheers!

Matt in Houston 09-07-2013 08:28 PM

My XKR-S has also been 100% trouble free, almost 9,000 miles now.

By contrast, my daily driver Mini Cooper S had the A/C go out in the first year and was replaced under warranty. My wife's new Santa Fe had a recall to fix the A/C as well, which had a voltage or some type of resistor issue causing it to cut off while driving for no reason. Only way it would come back on was to turn the car off and restart.

Almost all cars have their issues eventually, but my Jag so far has been problem free. If a problem arises, hopefully it is under warranty or I will fix it. It's a part of automobile ownership that I will gladly pay to be able to drive a car of this caliber.

mosesbotbol 09-08-2013 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by drc (Post 807612)
It sounds like you got one of the small percentage that have had trouble. That is unfortunate because Jaguar has worked very hard to loose the reputation (from the 60's) of being problematic by putting in world class quality control and they have accomplished their goal of making the best cars in the world.

Cheers!

I am starting to question the truthfulness behind the posts. If the reliability was that bad, why would someone keep coming back for more? This is my 2nd Jag and it has been as reliable as any car on the road; name your pick.

desert_fox 09-10-2013 11:02 PM

I would consider an XKR-S in the future if the the right price came around. I have a budget for a fun car and a 12 or 13 is out of my budget. Id only go french blue convertible.

FYI I have bad issues but the battery was old and replacing it was a pain (dealer screwed up) but other than that no prob!

Docuzzie 09-13-2013 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Lightman7 (Post 718942)
My local dealer (San Jose British Motors) has had two XKR-S sitting around for a long, long time (one white, one red). I noticed this morning both now have signs on them for $15,000 under sticker. Hard to believe here in Silicon Valley that a car like that wouldn't sell.

If you find a green one with either a Tan or Black rag top roof, please forward the information on to me. And yes, at 145,000, it's a had sell in most cases. Besides, in the top super cars race, the XKR-S came in last place of all the super cars excusing the little subaru that was there.

Offer me the name of your dealership there. I might want that red one if the interior and roof are to my liking.

Docuzzie 09-13-2013 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol (Post 719063)
That dealership needs to get people in the driver's seat that may be considering other cars. Fault is on the dealer. One drive sells itself.

I know one thing Jaguar is doing wrong. At the place where I get my car serviced, they offer me the rental of an Enterprise POS.... If they want to get my interest in a new Jaguar, they should offer one as a rental when mine is being serviced.