Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XK / XKR ( X150 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/)
-   -   XKR-S not selling? (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xk-xkr-x150-33/xkr-s-not-selling-93719/)

desert_fox 09-21-2013 12:28 AM

in 2 years if I can find a low mile french blue vert i could be interested

Ngarara 09-21-2013 03:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Matt in Houston (Post 816345)
Interesting, but I wonder what wind tunnel speeds these are being tested at. All three cars have a different electronically limited top end. So which speed is this test measured at?

I personally have a hard time believing the huge front splitter alone on the XKR-S only accounts for an extra 1% over the speed pack. That thing is like a wind shovel.

I don't know how these lift figures are arrived at, nor at what speed, but I may be able to ask. My guess is: on a workstation (computational fluid dynamics). But I did double-check to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding, and Dave ought to know what he's talking about.

The Speed Pack front end is pretty good for blocking airflow from going under the car. And I can vouch for its high-speed stability - turns out, the speed limiter on my XKR 75 doesn't actually stop at 174... I hit 184 today on the autobahn (GPS measurement because the speedo was off the clock), and the car was rock-solid at a sustained 182 in Dynamic Mode.:icon_headbang: I'll post the video when I've trimmed it a bit. Meantime, I've attached the "photo or it didn't happen" proof.

184 mph

You guys weren't drinking, were you? :icon_drink:
I wish - I'd love to hear the tales these guys could tell. No, a nice safe phone interview with a PR person riding shotgun.

Matt in Houston 09-21-2013 11:38 PM

184? Wow that is awesome. I think I would be sweating bullets thinking what would happen if I had a blow out or hit something on the road around here. A while back on good ole Highway 59 I had to dodge a wheel barrow. Having the autobahn must be great.

Ngarara 09-22-2013 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Matt in Houston (Post 817823)
184? Wow that is awesome. I think I would be sweating bullets thinking what would happen if I had a blow out or hit something on the road around here. A while back on good ole Highway 59 I had to dodge a wheel barrow. Having the autobahn must be great.

I suppose, yes, but you tend to be concentrating on other things, mostly the traffic ahead. To be honest, you can only ever achieve that sort of speed for brief periods. Quite a bit of the autobahn network is limited to 130 or even 100 kph, then there are the roadworks, and the Dutch. The Germans have excellent lane discipline - they will even brake behind slower traffic rather than pull out in front of fast movers - but the Dutch just wander out whenever it's convenient for them. Some guy doing 90 mph in his Volvo with bike racks all over it thinks he's driving fast, but I'm closing on him from behind at double his speed.

So, yes, the 'bahn is occasionally worth the several hundred pounds cost of Channel Tunnel tickets, overnight accommodation and petrol, but it's not something I'd do on a regular basis. And when I say petrol: I used an entire tank of 98 octane costing €100 in 124 miles doing my speed run. And today, I used the same amount doing 8 laps of the Nordschleife.

Bruce H. 09-22-2013 06:00 PM

Ngarara,
I'd be interested in your track impressions of your car at the Ring or other tracks in a new thread. I've done 2 or 3 of those threads myself, and may even do one more after a lapping day at a different track this Wednesday. It'll be the last track day for the stock Dunlops...new Pilot Super Sports waiting to be installed and new limits explored!
Bruce

R_Rated 09-23-2013 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce H. (Post 818380)
Ngarara,
I'd be interested in your track impressions of your car at the Ring or other tracks in a new thread. I've done 2 or 3 of those threads myself, and may even do one more after a lapping day at a different track this Wednesday. It'll be the last track day for the stock Dunlops...new Pilot Super Sports waiting to be installed and new limits explored!
Bruce

I have the new PS2 and love them, very quiet and great grip... just hoping I can get more than 5K miles like the last time I had this this wheel albeit the old model.

Rahtok 09-23-2013 10:13 AM

I've got PSSs on my Nissan and they're fabulous. I've not worn enough of the rubber off of the stupid stock Dunlops to warrant replacing them yet. <sighs>

desert_fox 11-18-2013 10:52 PM

in 2 yrs what would one estimate a decent/low mile 2012 xkr-s vert would be selling for? $60k-65k?

Matt in Houston 11-19-2013 07:11 AM

For a coupe, maybe. Checking car gurus on a nationwide search shows 3 coupes ranging from 83k to 109k. No convertibles came up, but last I checked they were about 15k more than a comparable coupe. There are also less verts than coupes in 2012. Only 25. For this reason I think they will be harder to find and hold a good premium.

I could be wrong.

Muddydog 11-19-2013 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by desert_fox (Post 858158)
in 2 yrs what would one estimate a decent/low mile 2012 xkr-s vert would be selling for? $60k-65k?

That sounds more like an XKR vert price to me. I'd think the S will be more. But who knows?

desert_fox 11-23-2013 12:13 AM

Used Jaguar XK 2013 West Hollywood, CA | SAJWA4JAXDMB50089

when I was in LA a month ago... i stumbled home on Halloween from the parties of all parties to my friends condo in Marina Del Rey and inside the underground parking lot I saw a xkr-s in blue (coupe) which I should have gawked at but needed to get home ASAP lol but that french blue is something else.