Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

XKR for sale with upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 10:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,541 Likes on 1,412 Posts
Default XKR for sale with upgrades

I saw this very nice, very reasonably priced 2010 XKR on ebay, this morning, but what interested me the most were the two upgrades of the added rear view integrated camera and the iphone adapter. Love the color and the price, it will make a great buy for someone looking.
2010 Jaguar XKR Coupe | eBay

Old 02-15-2017, 10:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

nice one

Old 02-15-2017, 12:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,160 Likes on 3,090 Posts

That does seem cheap, even with 57,000 miles.
What's wrong with it?

Old 02-15-2017, 01:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,541 Likes on 1,412 Posts

I wish the owner would share with the forum how he accomplished the seamless rearview camera on his navscreen. It looks great.

Old 02-15-2017, 03:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by tberg
I wish the owner would share with the forum how he accomplished the seamless rearview camera on his navscreen. It looks great.
Has anyone sent him a note or tried to get in touch with him to see how he did it. That was one of the reasons I went for a 2012.

Old 02-15-2017, 03:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 490 Likes on 358 Posts

Great color! I don't remember even seeing one that color. Would be nice if the car is healthy to purchase in the mid 20s or even a few thou more.

Old 02-15-2017, 04:07 PM
Veteran Member

I don't know how the backup is integrated on the 12+, but shouldn't there be a sensor graphic also? I truly don't know.

Old 02-15-2017, 04:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,168 Likes on 2,336 Posts

Originally Posted by jagtoes
Has anyone sent him a note or tried to get in touch with him to see how he did it. That was one of the reasons I went for a 2012.
I sent the owner a note. Hopefully we'll get a reply.

The following 2 users liked this post by Sean W:
Stuart S (02-15-2017), tberg (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 04:36 PM
Veteran Member

Well that was quick. The owner already responded - GVIF install using the Nav to GO. He sent the link and the instructions too.

http://tvandnav2go.com/jaguar/31-jag...interface.html

Last edited by Sean W; 02-15-2017 at 04:41 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Sean W:
Chaos236 (03-04-2017), jahummer (02-15-2017), tberg (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 05:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,414 Posts

From the link:

The TVandNav2Go video interface for Jaguar is plug and play at the factory navigation. There are two iinstallation options, the first that is mostly plug & play allows you to automatically view a backup camera on the screen when the vehicle is placed in reverse without having to connect a wire to reverse lights in the vehicle. This option involves cutting two wires in the vehicle and connecting them to our interface, these are the can hi & low wires that are conveniently located in the same area behind the navigation. In addition, 12v ignition power and ground are needed. The second installation option would allow you to forgo connecting the can wires, but you would need to connect a wire to reverse lights in the vehicle.

EDIT: I wonder if this would be compatible with the Jaguar factory rear camera for a seamless install

Last edited by jahummer; 02-15-2017 at 05:38 PM.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:59 PM
Veteran Member

As for the phone adapter, all 2010+ have the interface and the mounts are really cheap. (don't know why anyone would want an iphone, but whatever I guess)

Amazon Amazon

Old 02-15-2017, 06:08 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jahummer
From the link:

The TVandNav2Go video interface for Jaguar is plug and play at the factory navigation. There are two iinstallation options, the first that is mostly plug & play allows you to automatically view a backup camera on the screen when the vehicle is placed in reverse without having to connect a wire to reverse lights in the vehicle. This option involves cutting two wires in the vehicle and connecting them to our interface, these are the can hi & low wires that are conveniently located in the same area behind the navigation. In addition, 12v ignition power and ground are needed. The second installation option would allow you to forgo connecting the can wires, but you would need to connect a wire to reverse lights in the vehicle.

EDIT: I wonder if this would be compatible with the Jaguar factory rear camera for a seamless install
This is the same unit I have and you still need to go through the Nav screen.

The following users liked this post:
Cee Jay (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 08:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,141 Likes on 3,384 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean W
This is the same unit I have and you still need to go through the Nav screen.
So does that mean you have to manually select the backup camera? Or does it automatically display on the touchscreen when you put it in reverse? Do the pictogram and beeping distance sensors still work?

Last edited by Stuart S; 02-15-2017 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-15-2017, 08:44 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Stuart S
So does that mean you have to manually select the backup camera? Or does it automatically display on the touchscreen when you put it in reverse? Does the pictogram and beeping distance sensors still work?
Correct Stuart. In order to see the camera view, you need to select Navigation on the touch screen. There is an agreement pop up that you normally touch to get into maps, but you can ignore it > put in reverse > the pictogram appears and blocks the camera view > touch the screen again and the pictogram goes away and you have full camera view.

You lose the sensor beeps (I think) when you shut off the pictogram. I haven't driven the car since I installed. You could confirm that yourself just by backing up and touching the pictogram and see if you lose the sensors. The GVIF install doesn't change those functionalities, so whatever is stock in that regard....

As of now, the GVIF module is the only option, unless Cambo solves it via the Fakra connector.

Stuart S (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 09:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,894 Likes on 1,285 Posts

You lose the sensor beeps (I think) when you shut off the pictogram. I haven't driven the car since I installed. You could confirm that yourself just by backing up and touching the pictogram and see if you lose the sensors.
You lose the pictogram to see the camera, but the audio beeps continue.

The following 2 users liked this post by kj07xk:
Sean W (02-15-2017), Stuart S (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 09:40 PM
Veteran Member

There was another company that offered its own custom box, so I placed an order for it, and for 6 months the status remained 'will ship in 4 weeks'. I called them every 4 weeks and got the same story, 'quality problems with those they got from the builder in China, waiting for a new batch'.
My patience finally ran out and I went with the GVIF solution. Wouldn't you know, a few weeks after my installation, I get a call from that company saying they had them in stock and ready to ship. WTF? I cancelled the order.
In hindsight I probably should have bought it, as it was cheaper than the GVIF (I had locked in a sale price), and maybe better integrated? Guess I'll never know. The company name was similar but a bit different than what that seller has installed (the actual name eludes me now).

Stuart S (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 11:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,141 Likes on 3,384 Posts

Correct Stuart. In order to see the camera view, you need to select Navigation on the touch screen. There is an agreement pop up that you normally touch to get into maps, but you can ignore it > put in reverse > the pictogram appears and blocks the camera view > touch the screen again and the pictogram goes away and you have full camera view.

You lose the sensor beeps (I think) when you shut off the pictogram. I haven't driven the car since I installed. You could confirm that yourself just by backing up and touching the pictogram and see if you lose the sensors. The GVIF install doesn't change those functionalities, so whatever is stock in that regard....

As of now, the GVIF module is the only option, unless Cambo solves it via the Fakra connector.
Sean,

Thanks for the detailed explanation, but it sure is a PIA to have to press NAV on the touchscreen before you shift into reverse and then press the touchscreen again to delete the pictogram. What happens if you forget to press the touchscreen before you shift into reverse? Do you have to start all over again - shift out of reverse, press Nav on the touchscreen, shift into R, touch the pictogram... ? If that's the case, I guess I could learn to live with that minor inconvenience.

I am so spoiled by the way the backup camera works on my XJ. In addition to the moving grid lines, it includes a red pictogram that pops up when you begin to get close to an object and, all the while you're watching where you're going, as you get closer that pictogram gets larger and flashes while the beeping gets faster and faster until both the pictogram and beep becomes constant, which tells you when to stop. It works the same way if you get too close to the side, but with a smaller pictogram.

Stuart

Old 02-16-2017, 12:19 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Stuart S
What happens if you forget to press the touchscreen before you shift into reverse? Do you have to start all over again - shift out of reverse, press Nav on the touchscreen, shift into R, touch the pictogram... ?
No. The way I normally do it, as I don't plan ahead, is shift into R, and then three touches to the screen, Nav, 'Agree', and finally dismiss the pictogram overlay. The audio warning tones continue.
Now I forget if its necessary for a non-screen press of the GVIF remote button, to switch from the map display to the camera, as I usually press that button just after starting the car, so I can get to the gauges display.
If it is needed, it can be done before, between, or after the screen button presses.

Last edited by kj07xk; 02-16-2017 at 06:04 AM.
Old 02-16-2017, 12:27 PM
Veteran Member

COME ON, Steve, figure yours out already!

Old 02-16-2017, 03:44 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by kj07xk
No. The way I normally do it, as I don't plan ahead, is shift into R, and then three touches to the screen, Nav, 'Agree', and finally dismiss the pictogram overlay. The audio warning tones continue.
Now I forget if its necessary for a non-screen press of the GVIF remote button, to switch from the map display to the camera, as I usually press that button just after starting the car, so I can get to the gauges display.
If it is needed, it can be done before, between, or after the screen button presses.
Sorry, yes, I could have done a better job explaining that, and yes you have to press the remote button.

Back to tberg's OP, I asked the warden if I could inquire further for a possible purchase. I got the stink eye for 5 minutes before she said no.

"Women! You can't live with em, pass the beer nuts"
George Wendt as Norm "Cheers"

Last edited by Sean W; 02-16-2017 at 03:50 PM.