XK120 XK140 XK150 1948 - 1962

Quick question about color

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 08:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick question about color

Hi all. I have a question about a car that showed up at a local Cars and Coffee in Southern California. Can you tell me if the paint color is an original factory choice? If so, what color is it?

Thanks,

Brian

Attached Thumbnails Quick question about color-ted_0787.jpg  
Old 08-06-2017, 11:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,424 Likes on 1,937 Posts

The XK120 did have a colour like that as one of the choices, and a friend of mine painted his in a similar or same colour. However, whether the car you have seen is the exact Jaguar colour or a similar, fairly close, colour used on other cars, cannot be known unless you speak to the owner or the person who painted it. The original paint as applied by the factory will be long gone externally, but may be still on the car internally somewhere.

Old 08-06-2017, 02:11 PM

Can I ask what that name of the stock Jaguar color is? I'd like to look for one in that shade.

Thanks,

Brian

Old 08-06-2017, 10:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bronze?

There are some good examples shown on xkdata.com, background and then colour tab.

Geoff

Old 08-07-2017, 05:00 AM

Thank you, that's a great resource. after pursuing the color choices, I'm thinking 'Lavender Grey'? Which color do you think best matches it, if any?

Old 08-11-2017, 02:43 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Difficult to tell as often photo reproduction especially on a screen is not all that realistic. Leather of the interior is green so there is a picture of a lavender grey car with a similar interior. I don't think there is anything closer though.
If you are looking for a car my suggestion would be find the best car for you, then paint it your choice.

Mine was pastel blue originally and is now signal red, an early E-type colour. If I were to paint it again I would proably pick a more subtle colour!

Geoff