XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

03 Jaguar xkr code 22 airbag light

Old 03-01-2017, 09:39 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 03 Jaguar xkr code 22 airbag light

Finally decided to fix my code 22. The seat is disconnected,removed and the leather is pulled off half way. Can any point out where the hall sensor is, and that metal sensor that is in the seat slide? All connectors were cleaned with CRC, and wires checked. I need advice on where to proceed from here

Old 03-01-2017, 01:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 664 Likes on 572 Posts

Hi Frank,
You're almost there with the airbag code fix. Look for the connector at the explosive charge, you want the plug with the two pins. Push and pull the pins, you will see they move inside the plug housing. This movement is enough to cause the code.

Open the plug housing and fit a small plastic wedge behind the two pins to ensure they don't move inwards when reconnected. Before you reconnect, reroute that cable so there is a little slack at the connection.

You can then test by just reconnecting everything prior to refitting correctly.

I did this on my XK8 and the code never reappeared.

Hope this helps,

Jim

Old 03-01-2017, 09:01 PM
Default Fixed!!!

I took every connector apart, sprayed with CRC and put the see eat back in before replacing the leather. I started the car and NO airbag code....Doing a happy dance and still wonder what the clock spring has anything to do with it....
Now if I can only figure why my headlights go off occasionally on auto mode

Old 03-01-2017, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by jimbov8
Hi Frank,
You're almost there with the airbag code fix. Look for the connector at the explosive charge, you want the plug with the two pins. Push and pull the pins, you will see they move inside the plug housing. This movement is enough to cause the code.

Open the plug housing and fit a small plastic wedge behind the two pins to ensure they don't move inwards when reconnected. Before you reconnect, reroute that cable so there is a little slack at the connection.

You can then test by just reconnecting everything prior to refitting correctly.

I did this on my XK8 and the code never reappeared.

Hope this helps,

Jim
That must have been it. I did what you said, but no plastic wedge. Thanks for the info...