XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 xk8 vert speaker wires

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 10:15 AM
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
Default 2000 xk8 vert speaker wires

My xk does not have the alpine speaker system installed. Question is are the tweeter wires likely in the doors? I popped off the triangle cover and did not find any at the opening.
Thanks in advance

Old 02-27-2016, 10:44 AM
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 2000 xk8 vert speaker wires

you have to pull off the door panel. they should be taped to the door. they are not connected to anything on the other end either.

Old 02-27-2016, 12:00 PM

Thanks. I was going to buy a used premium speaker system with amp. I had assumed that the wires would be there and the install of the amp and flipping the switch on the head unit would power up all the extras. Any thoughts on that?

Old 02-27-2016, 02:44 PM
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

there are numerous threads on just what you plan to do. Look in the DIY stickies.

Old 02-27-2016, 06:17 PM

I cant seem to find any threads related to installing the jaguar amp and speakers in an xk8 that had base system with cd changer. Just wondering if its plug and play. With flipping the switch on the head unit

Old 02-28-2016, 08:59 AM

anyone tried this? or shall I be the first? Hate to waste money if it is known not to work.

Old 02-28-2016, 10:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 653 Likes on 462 Posts

In the absence of other advice ................... I can't see why it shouldn't work. I think the car will already have the looms for the additional speakers. From the wiring diagram, it looks like the multicore cable from the head unit to the CD player in the "standard" kit, becomes the multicore cable from the head unit to the amplifier, and then there's a "new" wire from the CD player to the Amplifier (so only a few inches long I guess). All the other wiring on the "input" side is identical. Speaker wiring is more complicated, so worth checking that you have the two white connectors - presumably unused - 1 x 18 way & 1 x 12 way - already in the boot (trunk) next to the rack where the "new" amp will go.
You will probably have to do a lot of wire tracing to hook up the new and existing speakers to the "premium" wiring from the back, rather than from the head unit.
Finally - have you checked you have the head unit with the "standard / premium" changeover switch. I have no personal experience, but there were various changes to the audio systems over the years, so I wouldn't take that for granted.
You may already know, but all wiring diagrams are available on Gus' excellent site : www.jagrepair.com

The following users liked this post:
dennysjag (02-28-2016)