Sponsored by:

2003 xkr abs/cruise/dsc warning lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 02:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 xkr abs/cruise/dsc warning lights

Hello,
1st post please forgive my ignorance...
I get random warning lights and the brakes feel mushy and act like there is air in the lines. Dealer changed a bearing hub and sent me on my way.
It started again within 48 hours and am no longer confident in my dealer, so looking for some ideas on where to start.

Old 12-04-2017, 02:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,487 Likes on 1,043 Posts

You might want to start by reaching out to the dealer service department and ask them the list of codes that were present during the diagnostics before the repair. Could also be part of your paperwork. Codes are great for a search.

Besides that, the best starting point would be the condition of the battery, especially when used infrequently. Starting the engine requires a high current, and a weak battery may not be able to maintain voltage to operate the electronics. Hard to be sure, but the ABS seem to be the first module to complain of this condition.

The typical path involves pulling the 4 wheels (one at a time) and clean the ABS sensors (just 1 screw). Next, the harnesses have to be checked, especially the rubber boot where it meets the sensor. If you are able to get codes, sometimes swapping sensors can help diagnose an individual harness or sensor (if the code changes or not). Last, make sure the reluctor rings are solid with the axle, especially the driver/rear.

Best of luck, keep us posted.

PS: it goes without saying that bleeding the calipers on all 4 corners is a great opportunity while you are checking the sensors..

Old 12-04-2017, 02:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks a lot for the assistance I will start with the battery.