XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

97 XK8 convertable, windows, roof and mirrors stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 12:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 XK8 convertable, windows, roof and mirrors stopped working

So I took the car out for its first drive of the season, rolled the windows down, dropped the top, checked the fluids, topped up the tank. Everything was fine, except when I went to adjust the power mirrors, on the drivers door controls I was only able to move either mirror to the left, pushing any other direction did nothing. Did some research online and pulled the switch to rebuild it. Everything looked fine inside, no carbon build up etc, put it back together and reinstalled it. Mirrors don't move, then check the windows, nothing. Tried the window switch on the passenger door, nothing. Tried holding the key in the door lock to drop the roof, nothing either way. So whatever controls the mirrors, windows and roof has stopped working. Researched again, no fuse listed for this exactly so I systematically checked every fuse, in all 5 panels, not one blown. Disconnected the battery for a couple hours as suggested, no change. Then decided to leave it disconnected for the weekend (ended up being 4 days) and nothing. Need advise on how to proceed, I assume there is a BCM that is dead or something. Everything else works fine, car starts, runs and drives, lights, stereo, heat/air all work. The car is now undriveable as I cannot roll up the windows. Any assistance or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Old 06-05-2017, 05:52 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I can't see where this post went. I've had a non-responsive drivers door mirror (most of the time) and am now afraid to mess with it after your post. Have you learned anything related to the problem that you can share? I can't find a replacement switch pack for it..

Old 06-22-2017, 03:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guy just gotmine, 98 xk8, going by cleaning and drying controller under battery in trunk..Good luck.