Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

adventures in P0121 land

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 10:42 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default adventures in P0121 land

Hi everyone:

Just to let everyone know what I did and if there are any other suggestions. Pulled this code after car went in to traction control and r/perf. Read all I could and cleaned plugs on t/b. No luck there as it came back again. Removed the plug for the tps and noticed it was cracked. So actually removed it and crimped on new connectors to the wire and slid on the tps. Nice and tight and will weather proof later. Nice and dry and went for a spin. All seemed fine for about 15 minutes. The issue came back. So removed cover of ecm and disconnected and cleaned all connectors. And removed and cleaned and tightened the gound strap. Also did the same for battery terminals and shorted the the neg to pos. Just as a note the ground terminal to the ecm was a little loose but not that loose. Just had the car out for 2 hours and not a hiccup !!!. I am not saying its fixed but it does seem that way. Any other suggestions if it does come back ??? If not anyone with that problem the ecm connector cleaning and the ground lug is a must as far as I can tell. Tks to all in the forum who have guided me in this issue. I it comes back will keep at it

Howard

Old 09-28-2011, 10:50 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default clarify

yeah thats not a short the pos and neg battery terminals (haha)
I have actually seen that done and it isn't pleasant
No I took the ground strap taken off the neg battery terminal and placed on the positive terminal of battery I guess to discharge the system
and my car is a 99 xk8 convert