Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alarm Transmitter Programming on XK8

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm Transmitter Programming on XK8

Hey guys,

I received a new fob from eBay with the new FCC # as some of you have listed. I already read most of the threads on this, but need some new input and help myself.....
Here are the numbers on my new 4 button Alarm Fob Transmitter (it looks just like my original one):

XR83-15K601-AA
FCC ID: CWTWB1U322
CAN: 1788 102 354

Here are the programming instructions I am following....

-----------------------------------
1. Pull and hold headlight flasher back while performing step 2.

2. Turn ignition key to position 1 (DO not "start" the engine, only turn the key to position 1).

3. Now pull the headlight flasher and flash the headlights 4 times.

4. Alarm will enter programming mode. This will be confirmed by "beeps" from the alarm and flashing led on gearshift.

6. Program each transmitter (up to 5) by pressing the lock or unlock button on each transmitter once.

7. The alarm will "honk" when you press the transmitter button.

8. The alarm must honk 5 times to complete the programming. Therefore, if you are only programming one transmitter
you should operate the transmitter 5 times.

9. If you are programming two transmitters you will operate one transmitter twice, and three times on the other.

NOTE: For five transmitters you will operate each transmitter once.
----------------------------------

I tried the programming sequence as listed in the threads for my 2000 XK8. Upon the 4th flashing of my high beams, I do hear a chime from the car, so I do seem to be entering programming mode. The alarm fob I received is in great condition, and I even replaced the battery Just incase. I tried both just hitting the arm or disarm buttons (including doing it 5 times), as well as the procedure whereby you depress all 4 buttons instead. After a bit, the same chirp sounds two times in succession, but I don't know if that's a failed programming signal or success. Well, the fob still won't work. I took possession of my 2000 XK8 about 2 months ago, but unfortunately only came with one black key and alarm fob, as well as 1 green key (valet key). Not two weeks later, I got the key and alarm fob stolen so I've been using the green valet key to operate. As you know, the valet key will not open the glove compartment or trunk once the valet button in the car is pressed, so needless to say I am being VERY careful to stay away from that valet button! I don't know what my old FCC # on the original key fob reads as I don't have it anymore, therefore, I'm hoping this fob works, as it seemed to work for others on this forum.

Soooo, what I'd like to know is the following:

1. Can I program the alarm fob using the green valet key? (Keep in mind that I do seem to be entering the programming mode just fine...).

2. I get a single chirp or beep after the 4 high beam flashes, therefore I gather that I am in programming mode, then after depressing the buttons on the fob, I get the same sound but 2 consecutively (and not right after I depress the alarm transmitter button or buttons, but a few seconds after). I did change the battery on the fob as well. What I don't hear is any kind of "honking" sound as if from the actual horn, etc.

What am I missing here?? Can someone on the forum perhaps do me the favor of trying to program the alarm transmitter using the valet key (green), instead of the black key and see if it works?

Any help is appreciated... THANKS in advance!

Last edited by WillyWheels; 09-09-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:12 AM
GGG
Received 16,798 Likes on 12,167 Posts

The only difference between a Green valet and a Black master key is the way they are cut. It's not a different chip:

Note the last 2mm (approx) of the Black key is reduced in diameter by 2mm (approx). This is what prevents a Green key from opening the Luggage Compartment or Glove Box when Valet Mode is activated.

A Green key can be converted to a Black key by a locksmith which is one way of avoiding the high cost of a replacement Black key from Jaguar. I've read reports of members converting the Green key by filing it down but this is risky when you only have one key.

The single chime confirms you're entering fob programming mode but the two chimes suggests the mode is timing out without any signals being received from the fob.

Graham

Attached Thumbnails Alarm Transmitter Programming on XK8-dsc_0109a.jpg  
Old 10-18-2012, 11:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

on a 97 xk8 programming is simple,
pull the headlight stalk back,
put in the key turn to postion 1,
flash the headlights 3 times,
red light comes on in the j gate,
press each button once,
remove the key,
get out and lock the car,