XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anti-roll bar bushings (Front)

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 03:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anti-roll bar bushings (Front)

When replacing my bushings today I found a nylon ring inside the left front bushing. The right busing was almost gone but no sign of this ring. I don't see them in any parts catalog, does anyone have an answer for this?

Old 04-15-2017, 05:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,487 Likes on 1,043 Posts

Originally Posted by Papadog
When replacing my bushings today I found a nylon ring inside the left front bushing. The right busing was almost gone but no sign of this ring. I don't see them in any parts catalog, does anyone have an answer for this?
Not positive about this, but it is probably enough to have just one of those rings. I believe its purpose is to properly "locate" the bar, left-to-right, so as to center it if you will. I replaced these bushings on my (later model) car a while back, and I had none of those rings. Just my input, don't necessarily take this as the right answer, but my anti-roll bar has not moved left-to-right even without a ring.

Best of luck, let us know if you find anything different.

The following users liked this post:
Papadog (04-19-2017)
Old 04-19-2017, 02:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After looking on several parts websites I saw no one had a listing for that ring. I mounted up the new bushings along with new shocks and Welsh reengineered upper shock mounts and link pins. The car handles better than ever, well I just bought it in Dec with all these troubles, but it is so much better! Thanks for the help!