XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

antifreeze drain

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 12:23 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default antifreeze drain

So today I went to change the antifreeze in my car and when I pulled the drain plug nothing came out. Coolant level was fine and the temps been running ok around 204 degrees. So I stuck a small screwdriver in the hole and it was all gummy, I kept doing this wiping it off and doing it again. after 15 minutes of this I stuck a hose from a hand pump sprayer in the hole and forced water into the drain, after a minute or two it finally started to drain. I poured a chemical flush and will run that for a day and maybe do another chemical flush in a day or two. I hope it clears out the gunk.

Old 07-14-2017, 12:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,783 Likes on 2,227 Posts

I think you had better pull the radiator and have it cleaned by a radiator shop, if they're able to do so. This may be the result of some one mixing coolant types or using stopleak.
You may never get the heater core functional and the small galleries in the block and head may be plugged.

The following users liked this post:
sweez (07-16-2017)
Old 07-16-2017, 08:19 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I am going to try to do some chemical flushes first, to see how clear the water comes out. I did one and have the second in there now, I am hoping that if I do three it will clear it up, I'll just wait and see.