XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know this guy?

Old 06-19-2016, 06:27 PM
Received 140 Likes on 103 Posts
Default Anyone know this guy?

Hope not. Came across this online today. He's asking to be keyed by an angry driver. I wouldn't condone such behavior, but.......

Anyone know this guy?-screen-shot-2016-06-19-7.20.34-pm.png

Old 06-19-2016, 09:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 676 Likes on 550 Posts

Don't know him, but he may have several siblings and cousins here in North Texas.

Old 06-20-2016, 12:53 AM
Received 133 Likes on 108 Posts
Question Angry drivers?

Maybe he/she are doing it because they have parked next to others before and have ended up with dents where the other drivers have banged their door on the jag. Remember , theres a story to everything ,dont condemn them on the strength of the evidence shown.

Old 06-20-2016, 01:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,166 Likes on 1,610 Posts

Clearly the person posting the picture had
nothing more useful to do than taking the time
to take the picture, artfully arrange it, and
post it to some social media site ... such as
working on whatever they get paid to do
at work.

Maybe his boss who drives the car will see
the picture and gift him with some karma
in the form of a pink slip.

Old 06-20-2016, 06:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 694 Likes on 490 Posts

That picture has been around for years. Its had many captions but they all refer to rich guys being asshats.

Old 06-20-2016, 06:50 AM

Wow, I'm getting the impression that some members think taking up more than one space is okay.

Old 06-20-2016, 07:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,273 Likes on 2,810 Posts

No, it is not okay, but I would never damage someone's car because of it. I would, however, express my opinion if the owner happened to be present, and have done so in the past. Responses have ranged from "sorry for being so selfish" to "mind your own business". But it IS in fact my business if I need to park and there are no other available parking spaces....

Old 06-20-2016, 07:36 AM

No, of course I would never damage or condone damaging anyone's car, either, and I didn't mean to imply I thought it was a proper response. However, I can easily see it happening in a situation like this. If you park a car in a lot, you're always in danger of door strikes. I'm about to spend $900 to repair my left rear quarter panel that was dented in a grocery store lot. That doesn't entitle me to start hogging more than one space after it's fixed. Dings are an unfortunate possibility for car owners, whether they drive Jags or junkers. My usual solution is to park as far away from the crowd as I can. I can use the exercise.

Last edited by Stamford; 06-20-2016 at 07:42 AM.
Old 06-20-2016, 07:42 AM
Default facts

No I dont , but without the full story you cant be judgemental. For instance, the carpark in question may be a private one for residents, and those residents may know that there are far more spaces than cars. From that position where the photo was taken, turn around and you may well see others doing exactly the same, but the person who took it wants to tell a particular story. On the otherhand that may be total nonsense but like I said, I dont want to condone such actions but without the full story, who are we to complain about it?

Old 06-20-2016, 07:55 AM

Yes, and maybe it's a homeowner's private lot. Maybe it's a staged photo. Who knows? That's not the point. Bottom line: having a nice car does not allow you to deprive another of a parking space in a public lot. That is just plain selfish.

Old 06-20-2016, 08:14 AM

But that IS the point, they may not be depriving someone of a space, you dont know. you are hanging this person without listening to the defense and where I come from a person is inocent until proven guilty. You have fallen straight into the trap that the person who set this this up wants you to.

Old 06-20-2016, 09:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 694 Likes on 490 Posts

In our little corner of the world there is a website dedicated to posting local people parking badly. Taking four spots with one vehicle is considered a hat trick. But the nastiest comments are reserved for the BMW, Corvette, and Mercedes drivers whom dare to encroach on another parking spot. So far no one has caught either of the two Jaguars parking badly.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone know this guy?-bwyxymdcmaargcp.jpg  
Old 06-20-2016, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by phanc60844
But that IS the point, they may not be depriving someone of a space, you dont know. you are hanging this person without listening to the defense and where I come from a person is inocent until proven guilty. You have fallen straight into the trap that the person who set this this up wants you to.
Jeeze man, I'm not hanging anyone. You're reading an awful lot into a photo taken from a web gallery showing many different photos of selfish car owners who think they are entitled to occupy more than one space. The only reason I posted it is because it's a Jag. Don't overthink it.

Old 06-20-2016, 10:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 400 Posts

Door dings have always been a pet peeve of mine. I do everything I can to avoid them short of taking up multiple spaces. I try to park on the street (if possible) and if I need to park in a lot or parking structure I look for the end and/or some space away from others. It always irks me when I park in some isolated space and find that someone has parked right next to me (I suspect is is a sort of gotcha thinking by the other person). With cars now being much more expensive items than in the old days, I sense that most people have become more careful about how they open their doors. But I still remember like it was yesterday back in the 1970s I had just gotten my car repainted after an accident and I was sitting in the car in some market lot. I hear a clunk which turned out to be the idiot woman (sorry--it really was a woman) banging her door into my car--still makes me cringe.

Doug

Old 06-20-2016, 11:53 AM

Doug, I know what you mean about parking in an isolated spot and then finding someone next to you. I've speculated that they assume I'll be careful with my door and that's why they park next to me. Many years ago, I interviewed for a job with Rolls Royce HQ in Paramus, NJ. When he took me for lunch in the "company car", the PR guy hung protective blankets on either side. Sorta spoiled the look of the Corniche, but there were no dents when we returned!

Old 06-20-2016, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Fulton
That picture has been around for years. Its had many captions but they all refer to rich guys being asshats.
Ha! I've been called an asshat – and worse – on occasion, and I ain't rich!

Old 06-20-2016, 12:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 400 Posts

Hey John--I believe that you are correct in that sometimes the person parking in the boonies next to me also wants to be careful but not always the case. I have had some pretty dumpy vehicles next to me and I suspect they get some jollies out of doing so.

I still have some foam bumpers that I got somewhere that you can hang on the doors but I never actually used these since I figured they would be a real invitation for mischief.

Doug

Old 06-20-2016, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by plums
Maybe his boss who drives the car will see
the picture and gift him with some karma
in the form of a pink slip.
S'matter, Plums – fall off the wrong side of the bed this morning?

Old 06-21-2016, 06:31 AM
Received 128 Likes on 91 Posts

Orrrrrr, person may live in a condo with 2 car allotted parking, both his...

Is this a glass half full, or giving benefit of doubt, or ...

I am sure hotel/ condo/ apartment management would step on this in a flash. Less he is the manager. Residents might be afraid of loosing the electric in their apartment. Just my simple observation folks. Good day, Rich

Old 06-23-2016, 09:36 AM
Received 118 Likes on 87 Posts

QUOTE: 'Orrrrrr, person may live in a condo with 2 car allotted parking, both his...' END QUOTE.

+1

Judging by the lack of oil laden concrete and tire tracks from heavy usage, not to mention the 'accidental' burnouts on the slick concrete indicative of public parking platforms, it would appear to be a private parking space for residents of a Condo or Apartment Home type of dwelling. Which one could assume would likely include two parking spaces side by side, and if I only owned one car and live alone, which I do, it is likely that this is the case.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone know this guy?