XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AutoPreme Prices (2 Weeks Away from Launch!)

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 08:45 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default AutoPreme Prices (2 Weeks Away from Launch!)

We are just 2 weeks away from launching our KickStarter Campaign, meaning we will be taking new orders, we are proud to announce our pricing as well!

AutoPreme

We will be offering a set of AutoPreme Floor Mats starting at a low price of $280 (only for Early Birds).The KickStarter prices will be very discounted from our retail price, so make sure to purchase them as soon as we launch!*The early bird deals will run out very quickly!

Kickstarter Starting Early Bird Price: $280

Retail Price of a set of AutoPreme Floor Mats: $450-$550

Subscribe to our Email List for updates: Subscribe Now

Old 05-05-2016, 09:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 334 Likes on 221 Posts

Ooooo, .... Those look interesting. You wouldn't happen to have photos of the XK8/R installation. What are the options that we would have from?

Old 05-05-2016, 09:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by scardini1
Ooooo, .... Those look interesting. You wouldn't happen to have photos of the XK8/R installation. What are the options that we would have from?
Unfortunately, being a new company we do not have pictures for ever car and model. As far as options we offer 4 different colored mats with different colored stitching.

You can check out all the options on our website!

Best Car Floor Mats by AutoPreme

Old 05-05-2016, 11:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 600 Likes on 446 Posts

Will there be better color choices than what's on your web site? Those of us with Cashmere interior would probably like something closer to our stock color, at least I would. The cream color you have is to light and the brown is to dark, we need something more of a tan color.

I'm very interested in these but unless something is available closer to stock it's a deal breaker!

Also I understand the issue of exact fit photo's for every car but at the price you are asking I'd have to see what they look like in my MY before ordering or have a guarantee that if they don't look/fit correctly they would be returned postage paid.

Last edited by Jandreu; 05-05-2016 at 11:04 PM.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 915 Likes on 560 Posts

Originally Posted by Jandreu
Will there be better color choices than what's on your web site? Those of us with Cashmere interior would probably like something closer to our stock color, at least I would. The cream color you have is to light and the brown is to dark, we need something more of a tan color.

I'm very interested in these but unless something is available closer to stock it's a deal breaker!

Also I understand the issue of exact fit photo's for every car but at the price you are asking I'd have to see what they look like in my MY before ordering or have a guarantee that if they don't look/fit correctly they would be returned postage paid.
Same thing here. While this would work with my black carpet XJR but would look awful on my XKR's Cashmere interior with the 4 options.

Old 05-06-2016, 10:29 AM
Received 157 Likes on 101 Posts

Beware of this company. Do some checking before you write your check.

Old 05-06-2016, 10:50 AM

Have a look at the pic on this AliExpress add. The add says they're made from "microfiber leather".
Check out these photos-

Shop porsche mats online Gallery - Buy porsche mats for unbeatable low prices on AliExpress.com

And then there's the Auto Preme Photo

Why AutoPreme

I'd say they're either one in the same vendors or someone stole a pic.

Old 05-06-2016, 12:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 491 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by ndy.boyd
Have a look at the pic on this AliExpress add. The add says they're made from "microfiber leather".
Check out these photos- Shop porsche mats online Gallery - Buy porsche mats for unbeatable low prices on AliExpress.com nd then there's the Auto Preme Photo
Why AutoPreme

Ali Express in the Chinese Alibaba's version of our Amazon. I googled them and they have the same post on dozens of internet car forums; which makes me wonder if they are tailored made for each model (like WeatherTech) or use a couple of generic sizes and scissors to cut and fit. I'd wait till we see one in an XK8 interior before going further.

Even if they have a model=specific fit, I think they'll still look like upgraded WeatherTech mats which look great new and shinny, but after they fade and get scuffed up... well look like old car mats. Maybe if your taking the car out in mud and snow they might work for you, but I think that carpet is the way to go for our interiors.

Last edited by GordoCatCar; 05-06-2016 at 12:15 PM.
The following users liked this post:
GalaxyDriver (05-07-2016)
Old 05-06-2016, 07:59 PM
Veteran Member

Check out these photos-

Shop porsche mats online Gallery - Buy porsche mats for unbeatable low prices on AliExpress.com

And then there's the Auto Preme Photo

Why AutoPreme

I'd say you hit the nail on the head, same mats and a lot cheaper.

Old 05-10-2016, 05:03 PM
Former Sponsor

To everyone who is wondering is AutoPreme even different?

Why AutoPreme > Other Similar Chinese Mats?

Although the pictures of our products may look similar, the quality of the products are extremely different.

Here are just a few reasons why they are different:

1. Just from the pictures, anyone can see that the stitching on the other Chinese mats is with only one thread (making it less durable) while AutoPreme mats have more than one stitching
2. The heel grip for the other Chinese mats are plastic while AutoPreme mats use metal heel grips with rubber nibs. We will also be offering a carbon fiber heel grip option.
3. The molds for the other Chinese mats are not firm because they do not have a mold to help it retain its shape. They simply stitch pieces together, rather than making one whole firm mold on the bottom. This can make a big difference when it comes to durability and waterproof ability. AutoPreme mats are custom made with the specific molds of each car to ensure a perfect fit

These 3 reasons are just from the pictures themselves. If you were to compare the two products in person, there would be a clear difference in quality. We encourage you to make a purchase from both parties and see the differences yourself. If our customer service, product quality, warranty policy, turnaround, packaging design and delivery speed cannot beat theirs, we are more than happy to give you a full refund.

User 070620 (06-29-2016)
Old 05-10-2016, 05:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 491 Likes on 215 Posts

@AutoPreme: Other than saying you do not use leather, I can find no description of the material(s) used. None of us have any idea what LeatherPreme is made of, looks like, or feels like to the touch. I expect that it is a synthetic compound similar to vinyl or polyurethane.

Can you provide me with a sample patch of the material used in your floor mats?

Last edited by GordoCatCar; 05-10-2016 at 05:49 PM.
Old 05-13-2016, 08:43 AM

You have taken the Chinese pic and photo-shopped it. You have copied their design and to this point in time, can't even say what the material your mats are made from, other than to provide some gimmicky name that nobody has heard of. That doesn't seem like the thing for an upstart company to do when you are trying to gain the trust and confidence of new clients. This whole operation seems like some college marketing project, or dare I say, something more sinister.

I think I'll pass.

Old 05-13-2016, 09:18 PM
Former Sponsor

You have taken the Chinese pic and photo-shopped it. You have copied their design and to this point in time, can't even say what the material your mats are made from, other than to provide some gimmicky name that nobody has heard of. That doesn't seem like the thing for an upstart company to do when you are trying to gain the trust and confidence of new clients. This whole operation seems like some college marketing project, or dare I say, something more sinister.

I think I'll pass.
All the pictures we use on our website was taken by us. For us we are not claiming to have thought of this idea, we simply saw how popular it was in a different country and thought it could be brought into the US market. We have done our research and have found the best manufacturer and have provided them with the best materials. Our products may look similar through pictures seen on a computer, however we can guarantee that our product is VERY different.

Why AutoPreme > Other Similar Chinese Mats?

Although the pictures of our products may look similar, the quality of the products are extremely different.

Here are just a few reasons why they are different:

1. Just from the pictures, anyone can see that the stitching on the other Chinese mats is with only one thread (making it less durable) while AutoPreme mats have more than one stitching
2. The heel grip for the other Chinese mats are plastic while AutoPreme mats use metal heel grips with rubber nibs. We will also be offering a carbon fiber heel grip option.
3. The molds for the other Chinese mats are not firm because they do not have a mold to help it retain its shape. They simply stitch pieces together, rather than making one whole firm mold on the bottom. This can make a big difference when it comes to durability and waterproof ability. AutoPreme mats are custom made with the specific molds of each car to ensure a perfect fit

These 3 reasons are just from the pictures themselves. If you were to compare the two products in person, there would be a clear difference in quality. We encourage you to make a purchase from both parties and see the differences yourself. If our customer service, product quality, warranty policy, turnaround, packaging design and delivery speed cannot beat theirs, we are more than happy to give you a full refund.

Old 06-27-2016, 11:53 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by 80sRule
Same thing here. While this would work with my black carpet XJR but would look awful on my XKR's Cashmere interior with the 4 options.
I am giving this a try with the very light color option for my XKR.

I preordered the one with the carpet floor mats too. Let's see what happens.

User 070620 (06-29-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 08:56 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by 80sRule
I am giving this a try with the very light color option for my XKR.

I preordered the one with the carpet floor mats too. Let's see what happens.
I am still waiting on mine. I didn't realize I hadn't filled in some info on the site.

I ordered the $360 package, and the leather and carpet mats should look like this:

And here's the details of the pledge and item itself:

Old 11-16-2016, 09:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,298 Likes on 2,823 Posts

Sorry, no way could I justify that kind of money for floor mats....

Old 11-16-2016, 11:32 AM
Veteran Member

Has ANYBODY actually gotten these and can report on fit and finish?

Agree the price is just way to high for a car now in the 8- to 14K value range no matter how much we love them.

Old 11-16-2016, 04:13 PM
Received 144 Likes on 92 Posts

5 Yelp reviews here. #2 is 'amusing'.

Old 11-16-2016, 05:39 PM
Veteran Member

Well other than the #2 review very positive however subjective about the looks.

Old 11-17-2016, 08:01 AM
Veteran Member

Since my post yesterday, it appears that they have shipped maybe another 10-25 mats sets.

They have these backer numbers and shipping tracking numbers, mine is not in there yet. I sent them an email per this document.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...wls/edit#gid=0

Last edited by 80sRule; 11-17-2016 at 08:03 AM.

Quick Reply: AutoPreme Prices (2 Weeks Away from Launch!)