XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Centrifugal Supercharger on 2001 XKR

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 04:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Centrifugal Supercharger on 2001 XKR

I was wondering has anyone ever put a Centrifugal Supercharger on a XKR. I have a Vortech v3 Centrifugal Supercharger I bought a couple years ago to put on my Lexus SC400 widebody, still have the car but lost intrest in it when I bought my 2001 XKR. The supercharger is good up to 1100 hp, I'm only wanting 600- 650 hp in my XKR. Is it possible to remove the Eaton M112 and replace it with a Centrifugal Supercharger. My XKR has plenty of room to fit the centrifugal supercharger in front of the engine. I own a bodyshop in Columbia SC so making the bracket, intake tube, oil lines ect. wouldn't be much of a problem. But I'm not sure about engine management compatibility, or fuel pressure issues ect, any incite or recommendations would be greatly appreciated, and if its feasible and practical I may just go ahead and take on the project.

Old 08-18-2017, 09:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,108 Likes on 764 Posts

Avos twin screw kit gets the car into that territory so assuming you can fit it up it should work.

Challenge will be the throttle body and MAF, they are rather small for making that power level.