XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise control upgrade? Do you support this?

Old 05-29-2017, 01:16 PM
Received 211 Likes on 119 Posts
Default Cruise control upgrade? Do you support this?

Browsing through the threads, I see that public pressure encouraged WhiteXKR to develop the excellent realgauge product. Is there support for the following idea, which I have already put forward to Steve Klonsky, of Jagwragler fame?

I frequently find myself toggling speeds whilst on roads that go, for example, between rural and urban areas. This means either re-setting the cruise control each time, or cancelling it and resuming later, when re-entering a similar speed zone. So my flash of near genius (!!!! Modesty, modesty) for someone else to develop is an upgrade whereby the cruise control (or, as in my case, adaptive cc) could store the previous two speeds, with the 'Resume'' switch able to toggle between them.

Good or bad idea? Thoughts?

Old 05-29-2017, 01:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,781 Likes on 2,225 Posts

Just hold and you will be able to get a self driving car.

Old 05-30-2017, 06:05 AM
GGG
Received 16,748 Likes on 12,141 Posts

I'm amazed you spend much time driving on cruise control in the UK. I rarely find I can maintain a constant speed for any distance with the traffic levels in the North East.

To encourage anyone to develop such an upgrade, it either has to be a personal interest where financial return is not the prime consideration or have the potential to sell sufficient units to cover time and materials. I could be entirely wrong but I don't see this as having sufficiently wide appeal.

Graham

Old 05-30-2017, 10:43 AM
Received 211 Likes on 119 Posts

Oh well, I can see my stroke of genius isn't quite on the mark! Graham, I find adaptive cruise control wonderful with traffic whose speed is constantly changing, but I do quite a bit of motorway driving (as does my wife in her Mercedes) and straightforward cruise control does have its place. Continental long-distance driving is made much easier with cruise control, too, so I suspect the North East uk traffic conditions may not truly match the regions in which I drive!

Old 06-07-2017, 10:34 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I would be happy just to get the damn thing working either in adaptive or otherwise!

Old 06-09-2017, 05:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,410 Likes on 876 Posts

Originally Posted by Charbinjr
I would be happy just to get the damn thing working either in adaptive or otherwise!
Hi Charlie; suggest you start a new thread. Be specific about CC or ACC and list the problems. See if we can help.

Sorry Diddion, no taker for your mod here . . . I use the ACC extensively on our long remote highways but never in towns, so the inherent "resume" does me fine. Mind you, I also have certain drives, such as over mountains to see daughter on coast, which are perfect for full manual . . . ACC off, Sport mode on, manual side of J-shift, Sport mode, full throated roar from Minas, and occasional chirp from 20" x 10" rears. Nothing silly, but very exhilarating!

Cheers,

Ken