XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Current best aftermarket for front springs/struts (1998)?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 04:36 AM
Received 178 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Current best aftermarket for front springs/struts (1998)?

Getting ready to finally do the front springs and other suspension parts on my '98. I know the front springs are tired, as the tires are rubbing badly on even the smallest bumps/inclines. Especially when turning right.

This is a coupe but I understand the convertible springs might allow it to sit a bit lower up front, which I'd like. The one benefit to my current situation is the car sits up higher in the back than the front and gives it a nice, aggressive look.

I'm looking through some of the Jag-specific aftermarket parts suppliers and comparing prices to eBay and I'm noticing a substantial cost differential. As in, front struts (Bilsteins) on eBay are about half as much as OEM replacements.

Something besides the springs is definitely going on, as I'm getting a horrid clunking noise from the right front when going over any kind of change in road surface.

All suggestions welcome and appreciated. Work will start within 2 weeks.

Jess

Old 01-01-2017, 12:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,808 Likes on 1,115 Posts

Jess, clunk often is worn bushes in upper wishbone. Google poweflex, see bushing #5. Google 1998 jaguar xk8 front Springs. I got many hits, found best price. Around $200 for pair. Non cat shocks bilstiens go for $108 each last I looked. The ones at 2x the price are cats.

The following users liked this post:
JessN16 (01-01-2017)