XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got Keys?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 11:46 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Got Keys?

I got 1 with my XK8 last week ... saleslady at Beemer Mt. View is gonna try to dig up any others, meanwhile, having only one is not ideal. I suspect that our Jags' are shipped with 3 master's ... His and Hers and Leinhiolder, and one Valet .. but have not been able to verify. At the very outside corner of your key, you will see a little "D" shaped impression .. that is where the "chip" is stored. So, just out of curiosity, and cause I can't just get a dup cut at Ace Hardware .. lol .. I dug up a little info that might be of interest.

The 2000-06 Jaguar S type transponder-equipped key blank, the TP06FO-6.P is programmable. This transponder chip cannot be cloned; however, it can be reused with another vehicle.

The 2000-06 Jaguar S type transponder-equipped key blank, TPX2FO-6.P, is clonable. This transponder chip can be reused with another vehicle.

The 2002-06 Jaguar X type, 2000-05 XJ and the 2000-06 XK transponder-equipped key blank, TP06JAU-1.P, is programmable. This transponder chip can be reused with another vehicle.

The 2002-06 Jaguar X type, 2000-05 XJ and the 2000-06 XK transponder-equipped key blank, TPX2JAU-1.P, is clonable. This transponder chip can be reused with another vehicle.

The two pairs of applications above are identical, except for the key-blank number, apparently different blanks for master or valet.

Tibbe keys, as used on our Jag's, are also being used on the Ford Mini-Vans now being imported from the UK, so hopefully, Ford dealers may be able to help us with our Key needs in the future. Apparently, fleet buyers of the vans are clammoring for more seamless keying service.

Older Jags without the chip, can read their own key code, can get dups made for about 40 bucks online. I'll update this thread as solutions are found. Have Fun .. Be Safe

Last edited by attaboy; 05-14-2010 at 11:54 AM. Reason: ahaa moment - ammendment
Old 05-14-2010, 09:37 PM
Default Keys: Update One

Firstly ... check out all the goodies on this fellows site. Noo ... you can't purchase them unless you are an anointed locksmith known to the website owner .. and that's good for us :-) But apparently, this fellow is the high-tech guru of modern high-end auto keys, and ships his stuff all over the world. Even "Gone in Sixty Seconds II" didn't have his stuff .. LOL.

I called this am, and described my situation ... and location. She called back in a couple of hours, and referred me to a locksmith about a half hour south of me. I was in disbelief .. I am 25 miles from the closest stoplight. Left a message on the cell given me .. got a call back a couple hours later, and this lady locksmith assured me that she could provide me with whatever keys I may require. She will check on prices, and get back to me on monday, for different options.

http://www.michaelhyde.com/default.asp located in South San Francisco.

800.954.5454 (7am to 5pm pst) ... they do respond to messages left.

Now ... we are not the orginal corporate lessees .. just average guys that have been blessed to own one of these puppies .. cats I mean. Dealers have tons of overhead .. I never got so far as to call BMC of SF .. and a 4 hour drive unless to Ft. Miley, seems over the top, to get a key made.

Soo ... support your local locksmith if he/she is your lifeline 24/7, cause they invest a ton of money to be able to help us with our needs, more responsively and at less expense. We can do our own brakes if we choose, solder a new capacitor into an aging computer module ... but guys .. this key stuff is not a DIY at your local Ace Hardware.

I'll post an update in a week or so .. wherever you are, in these days, having Your Locksmith's cell# in your cell, is not a bad idea. Have Fun .. Be Safe

Old 05-16-2010, 07:08 PM

As they say in the Army .. and other places too .. RTFM .. read the fine manual. Jags are delivered to first customer, with two black master keys, and one green valet key. The "Leinholder" key is purely anecdotal based on my personal experience .. losing my beloved '65 mustang when I went into the Army in '67. If I were a leinholder for a $70k automobile, having a key in case of default just makes common sense.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:39 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,143 Likes on 749 Posts

I got both black keys, with remotes, and a valet key. I have never heard of a lienholder key...if that were the case, the repo guys would be outa business.