XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Green shower

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 07:51 AM
Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Some of questions related to the hydraulic hoses:
- Do any of them go across the floor in the front of the car? I wonder if I may have damaged one in the passenger footwell (RHD car in the UK) leading to a leak as I seem to have oil on the underside of the car in that area and am not sure where else it could be from (I do also have a leak from the roof hydraulics)
- are there contact details for the colliflower braided lines to buy them in the UK?
- I'm sure I saw and commented on a post here a couple of weeks ago from someone who had developed uprated hoses and was selling them on eBay, the discussion seems to have disappeared so maybe broke advertising rules but I would be interested in those if the colliflower ones aren't available.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:27 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Gus
The splice kit if installed is located in the vicinity of the fuse box in the door jamb below the window “A” pillar on the left side facing forward. At times depending on the installer of the splice kit it could be above or below the fuse box.
xkr 2001 . argentina .
thanks gus. I started to disarm.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:57 AM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,209 Likes on 1,701 Posts

On your car RHD the hose is on the left facing forward and it is possible that you have a leak in the line.
Information related to the Colliflower hose information is on my page Link JagRepair.com - Jaguar Repair Information Resource along with another aftermarket hose from Top Hydraulics Link JagRepair.com - Jaguar Repair Information Resource I do not know if either one are available on E-Bay. Both companies will ship direct.

Originally Posted by andyps
- Do any of them go across the floor in the front of the car? I wonder if I may have damaged one in the passenger footwell (RHD car in the UK) leading to a leak as I seem to have oil on the underside of the car in that area and am not sure where else it could be from (I do also have a leak from the roof hydraulics)
- are there contact details for the colliflower braided lines to buy them in the UK?
- I'm sure I saw and commented on a post here a couple of weeks ago from someone who had developed uprated hoses and was selling them on eBay, the discussion seems to have disappeared so maybe broke advertising rules but I would be interested in those if the colliflower ones aren't available.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,983 Likes on 2,124 Posts

Originally Posted by andyps
The top hoses do go across the floor. It would be rare, but possible for them to fail at that location. More likely it is dripping down from the header, or a previous splice repair near the fusebox, or along the floor from a cylinder leak.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:31 PM

Factory original hose has a connection in the fuse?

Old 10-16-2012, 03:54 PM
Gus
Veteran Member

No it is the Factory Repair Hose Kit that has the splice near the fuse box. I should mention that kit is no longer available from Jaguar.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:16 AM
Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for the replies.
Gus, I will contact the ones you mention
WhiteXKR - if they go across the floor it could be that I have damaged them. At some time before I had the car someone had jacked it up without using the correct jacking point, seemingly using the floor, and the floor was bent. I recently tried (with reasonable success) to knock it straight so could have damaged a hose doing that, I will have to investigate.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:38 AM
Gus
Veteran Member

If you are sitting in the left seat the hose comes down the left “A” pillar and goes directly down to the floor it then goes towards the rear at the lower part of the foot well and turns at the front seat towards the center console. If your bend was in that area you may have damaged the hose with any hammering.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:03 PM

XKR 2001 FROM ARGENTINA .

REMOVE OLD HOSE, HIGH PRESSURE 3000 PSI PARKER IS AVAILABLE IN ARGENTINA, do you think? Tailored for MI.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:04 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 2002 that failed at the pump. When I replaced all the lines with aftermarket plumbing, I discovered the "kit" Gus write about had already been installed. So, system twice failed on that car. I also had a 2001 that suffered the green shower. So I'm 3 for 2!?!

Old 01-31-2014, 12:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 443 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Commanderer
I have a 2002 that failed at the pump. When I replaced all the lines with aftermarket plumbing, I discovered the "kit" Gus write about had already been installed. So, system twice failed on that car. I also had a 2001 that suffered the green shower. So I'm 3 for 2!?!
More than your fair share of misery. Condolences.

Neither the relief valve kit nor the resistor proved to be anything like 100% effective at protecting original hoses. There is precious little evidence to even guestimate a reduction in failure rates from either.

From the reports here, I think trying to do something about heat at the latch may be just as worthwhile as doing something about pressure. Not much work has been done on this to date.

The newest "2nd gen" hoses from several makers seem to be the way out of recurring showers, but they haven't been around long enough to say for sure.

Anyway ... good luck from here out.

Last edited by Dennis07; 01-31-2014 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:09 PM
Gus
Veteran Member

Could you give a little more information on what took place? Are these the braided hoses and do you have the LSI valve installed?

Originally Posted by Commanderer