XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guess what Jaguar is in Elon Musk's collection?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 11:37 PM
Received 139 Likes on 74 Posts
Old 10-14-2017, 12:19 AM
Received 241 Likes on 146 Posts

Heh, well isn't that ironic.

You know, I was watching a video the other day of a guy stripping a flood damaged Tesla and a wrecked Tesla and building one complete vehicle for a grand total of $6,500, after selling some parts. I thought to myself, "Wow, that's pretty cool," and it got me day dreaming of stripping Teslas. Until reality struck and I realized you really just end up with a salvaged vehicle that will probably have a lot of bugs to work out over its lifetime. And then it really dawned on me that each of my Jaguars were not much more than what he spent, yet I didn't do any of the work and I ended up with something far more appealing than the Tesla (subjective, I know) that will get me as far out of town as I want to go (fact). Teslas are cool if you like feeling like you're driving the latest Ipod, and I'm not knocking them because I think the future will hold more electric cars, but until we get to that point, I think it will be difficult (read:slow) to replace what has been around for over a century. :Babbling over:

Thanks for sharing!