XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hofele Jaguar XK Body Kit/Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 12:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hofele Jaguar XK Body Kit/Conversion

Has anyone seen this kit? I did a search and couldn't find anything...

Personally, I really like it! The grill seems to be modeled after an Aston and they offer yet another style of quad tail lights. It makes the XK something totally else!

Only thing is they don't state how much the kit costs... Someone call them

Here's a link for those too lazy to Google

Hofele Design | Jaguar XK 8 + XKR Tuning | Car Body & Design

I wish they applied the kit to a coupe... Once I'm ready to buy a new car in a year or so, I think this is the way I'm going to go. It satisfies my liking for the DB7's design while being more practical... Plus I don't have to deal with those horrible DB7 tail lights!

On a side note, does anyone make a billet grill for the XK? Ive never seen one...

Old 10-14-2012, 07:23 PM

No one has any opinions on this body kit?

Old 10-14-2012, 07:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 677 Likes on 551 Posts

Dead-on from the front is OK, but from the side it makes the nose too long. Not a fan of the rear either, but the taillights are a nice add.

Looks too much like a kit-car Aston for my taste and it loses some of its Jag-ness.

IMHO.

Old 10-14-2012, 07:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 182 Likes on 148 Posts

I like the quad tail lights, the rest is OK but I'm not sure if saw it on the road I'd recognize it as a Jag.

Mark

Old 10-15-2012, 01:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 576 Likes on 475 Posts

I've seen this kit before, they are trying to make the XK look a bit like a Aston Martin Zagato, the front looks too plasticy with the big grille, rear bumper is OK.

They hardly did anything with the sides but over all..... not to my taste

Old 10-15-2012, 03:32 AM

I think it would look a lot better if the grill was chrome. I think the new audis have that plastic looking big grill... Maybe that's where they got their inspiration? It'd also look better on a coupe I think...

Still though, I think ill have to go with the Aston when I'm ready. The lines, although similar to the XK, are 10x more pleasing. The v12 is not bad either!!

Old 10-15-2012, 05:08 PM
Veteran Member

I liked the quad tail lights and contacted the company. They referred me to their North American subsidiary who told me that they no longer carry the tail lights any more. I didn't ask about the rest of the body kit but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't carry any of it any more.

Mark

Old 10-15-2012, 07:32 PM

Well that sucks... I guess they weren't getting enough orders? I bet at least the tail lights wouldve sold well if more people knew about them. I stumbled upon their page on accident while googling. Maybe one of their other locations stock them or have a few left over? Maybe they would start producing them again if enough people showed interest? I guess this will be a really rare add on... I wonder how many cars have it installed...

Old 10-15-2012, 10:05 PM
Veteran Member

I know that neither Germany nor North America subsidiaries have these components because That's what their response to me stated. I don't know about any place else. Too bad, I really liked the quad tail lights; not so much the rest.

Mark

Old 10-16-2012, 11:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 505 Likes on 257 Posts

you know the quad tails caught my eye too... Especially the fact that they use LED's.

Take care,

George

Old 10-16-2012, 12:10 PM
Received 82 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by mjlaris
I know that neither Germany nor North America subsidiaries have these components because That's what their response to me stated. I don't know about any place else. Too bad, I really liked the quad tail lights; not so much the rest.

Mark

In case you're interested .... jaguar accessories | jaguar xk | quad rear lights

They look similar.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:07 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by x-biker
In case you're interested .... jaguar accessories | jaguar xk | quad rear lights

They look similar.
I've looked at the Adamesh before and don't like them as much as the Mina. But the Hofele quad tail lights, they looked really nice. Too bad they don't make them any more.

Mark

Old 10-16-2012, 07:45 PM
Received 68 Likes on 34 Posts

Hmmm, honestly, the ONLY things I liked were the tail lights. They looked classier than the Ademesh. I would consider modifying my car with those. It IS too bad they don't make them anymore.

Boy, that front end... Gag!

Old 10-16-2012, 08:09 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by maxwdg
Hmmm, honestly, the ONLY things I liked were the tail lights. They looked classier than the Ademesh. I would consider modifying my car with those. It IS too bad they don't make them anymore.

Boy, that front end... Gag!
I have to agree, the rest of the stuff was UGLY, but the quad tail lights were the nicest I've seen; best use of LEDs also.

Mark

Old 02-04-2013, 12:13 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I liked the quad tail lights and contacted the company. They referred me to their North American subsidiary who told me that they no longer carry the tail lights any more. I didn't ask about the rest of the body kit but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't carry any of it any more.

Mark
Hate to bump an old thread but ^this sucks. I'm attempting to contacting them now to see if I could order some directly from Germany. These are the best quad lights I've seen by far!

Old 02-04-2013, 02:28 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Crushercurtis
Hate to bump an old thread but ^this sucks. I'm attempting to contacting them now to see if I could order some directly from Germany. These are the best quad lights I've seen by far!
I am pretty sure I was told that the German subsidiary didn't carry these either. However, if you find out otherwise, please post it here. I have already installed the Mina Gallery quad tail lights but would rip them out if these became available.

Mark

Old 02-04-2013, 03:33 AM
Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

Not a big fan. It seems to be trying to put Ferrari-esque(360) features on a Jag. The xk's are already gorgeous so I couldn't imagine trying to change it much. I do dig the LED lights though, especially the Audi ones. But yeah the nose is too long on this kit, kinda ruins the fluid lines of the hood for me. To each his own though.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:27 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am pretty sure I was told that the German subsidiary didn't carry these either. However, if you find out otherwise, please post it here. I have already installed the Mina Gallery quad tail lights but would rip them out if these became available.

Mark
Can you post some pics of yours with the mina's? I really don't like how mina's just glue together. A member on the board actually gave me set. I assume he wasn't happy with the fit. How did you contact Hofele? Was it throught there website. I emailed and sent a price inquiry though the site and messsaged through Youtube. If I don't hear back soon I'm thinking of have someone in Germany call.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:35 AM
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Not a fan either. Looks like the guys that designed the new Toyota Avalon use to work for this company. Same extruded look to the front grille. Some times its not good to copy things but the new Ford with the Aston-esque grille that one works!

Old 02-04-2013, 06:27 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Crushercurtis
Can you post some pics of yours with the mina's? I really don't like how mina's just glue together. A member on the board actually gave me set. I assume he wasn't happy with the fit. How did you contact Hofele? Was it throught there website. I emailed and sent a price inquiry though the site and messsaged through Youtube. If I don't hear back soon I'm thinking of have someone in Germany call.
I found an email address on their web site (Hofele-Design GmbH / Antweiler <antweiler@hofele.com>) and sent an email to the German company. They forwarded my email to the US company (Hofele America <sales@hofeleamerica.com>), who then contacted me. This was their response:

DearMr Laris,

thank you for your email and your interest in our products.

We do not ship directly to the USA, that’s why I have forwarded yourinquiry to our US subsidiary Hofele America, they will contact you ASAP.

Have a nice day.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen / Best regards
Andreas Antweiler
Sales Manager
Hofele-Design GmbH
Hermann-Schwarz-Strasse 11
73072 Donzdorf
Tel: +49(0)7162/9123920
Fax: +49(0)7162/9123925
www.hofele.com
Geschäftsführer:
Michael Hofele
Martin Hofele
HRB: 540 587 Ulm
UST-ID: DE 145458264

As for pictures of my car, I'll get them up in a day or two. Just got home from work and it dark out now.

Mark

Last edited by mjlaris; 02-04-2013 at 06:36 PM. Reason: added email address and response email

Quick Reply: Hofele Jaguar XK Body Kit/Conversion