XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar Silverstone

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 02:01 PM
Received 219 Likes on 97 Posts
Default Jaguar Silverstone

Hello everybody! I'm just too excited because a customer brought a Jaguar Silverstone to my shop. Of course I took pics! There is only a few of these in the world (around 500) and I can say I saw one Click on the link and enjoy the pictures

Jaguar HELP!: XKR Silverstone in my shop

The following users liked this post:
Roger77 (02-13-2013)
Old 02-13-2013, 03:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 400 Posts

On the other hand there was nothing really all that special with the couple of "limited" models that Jaguar released other than some badging and trim. The limited models that really stood out as having some difference (abeit still cosmetic) were the portfolio ones sold in the US in 2003 or 2004. Exterior colors were limited to just 2 and the interior treatments were truly unique.

Doug

Old 02-13-2013, 03:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 200 Likes on 176 Posts

A your wrong Sesmic guy, the Silverstone was the first XKR with the following SVO designed package. The Computer Active Technology System (CATS) is a suspension package now built into all XKRs, and utilizes dual-stage shock damping to invisibly maximize handling, comfort, and driver control. Additionally, a stability enhancement (anti-spin) system and model-exclusive Performance Handling Pack are fitted, wherein ride height is lowered 10 mm. CATS is also specially calibrated for taut handling, with spring rates increased and anti-roll bars modified. Rounding out the suspension enhancements is Jaguar's first-ever application of 20-in. modular BBS wheels and matching Pirelli P Zero tires. Combined, the modifications make the XKR Silverstone downright unshakable, possessing such high-limit handling that it needs to be driven very hard on a racetrack to ascertain its ultimate abilities. Hiding in plain sight behind those beautiful alloy wheels (20x9.0-in. fronts/20x10.0-in. rears) are equally gargantuan brakes specifically co-developed for the Silverstone with famous brake manufacturer Brembo. Disc diameters measure 14 in. front and 13 in. rear, and all four rotors are vented. The four-piston aluminum calipers and ABS system are good for a full 1.0 g of stopping force, according to Jaguar.
It was the first time jaguar offered this package on the XKR. There was 232 imported to the U.S.

Attached Images  

Last edited by RCSign; 02-13-2013 at 03:42 PM.
daxter1987 (02-13-2013)
Old 02-13-2013, 07:11 PM

Sooooo... the first reply killed my hopes and dreams and the second pick them back up looolz!!! I really didn't know much about the model only what I saw in Wikipedia but thanx for the link to the article now I know more

Old 02-14-2013, 10:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 400 Posts

Didn't mean to burst anyone's bubble but merely pointing out that the distinction was mostly being the first model to include extras that ended up being standard a year or so later. It's not like there was a special cam or other engine mod that upped horsepower or a special paint color that set the car apart.

Doug

Old 02-14-2013, 12:22 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RCSign
A your wrong Sesmic guy, the Silverstone was the first XKR with the following SVO designed package. The Computer Active Technology System (CATS) is a suspension package now built into all XKRs, and utilizes dual-stage shock damping to invisibly maximize handling, comfort, and driver control. Additionally, a stability enhancement (anti-spin) system and model-exclusive Performance Handling Pack are fitted, wherein ride height is lowered 10 mm. CATS is also specially calibrated for taut handling, with spring rates increased and anti-roll bars modified. Rounding out the suspension enhancements is Jaguar's first-ever application of 20-in. modular BBS wheels and matching Pirelli P Zero tires. Combined, the modifications make the XKR Silverstone downright unshakable, possessing such high-limit handling that it needs to be driven very hard on a racetrack to ascertain its ultimate abilities. Hiding in plain sight behind those beautiful alloy wheels (20x9.0-in. fronts/20x10.0-in. rears) are equally gargantuan brakes specifically co-developed for the Silverstone with famous brake manufacturer Brembo. Disc diameters measure 14 in. front and 13 in. rear, and all four rotors are vented. The four-piston aluminum calipers and ABS system are good for a full 1.0 g of stopping force, according to Jaguar.
It was the first time jaguar offered this package on the XKR. There was 232 imported to the U.S.

"Silverstones" were just prototypes for the 4.2ltr XKR

SeismicGuy (02-14-2013)
Old 02-16-2013, 10:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 200 Likes on 176 Posts

As quoted by Doug
Didn't mean to burst anyone's bubble but merely pointing out that the distinction was mostly being the first model to include extras that ended up being standard a year or so later. It's not like there was a special cam or other engine mod that upped horsepower or a special paint color that set the car apart.
Your not bursting anybodies bubble, They were not standard features on any later XKR,X-100 series. They were all options that could be purchased. The Brembos, 20" Detroit wheels, and the R performance package. I remember reading that a lot of the 2006 models were equipped with these options to use them up in the final run. Certain Portfolios and other Limited additions had them in there package.
Jaguar thought quite highly of the Silverstone when it was introduced, The first buyers had a the chance to participated at Silverstone raceway and drive on the course and mingle for a day with F1 drivers and the pit crew. Blue Book values do reflect the limited edition value, I know these cars are not selling for the Blue Book, But even NADA list them under classic status. The XKEC (XK8 XKR club of England) considers them the most desirable of any of the XK's. This is only my opinion but quite a few enthusiast agree.

Attached Thumbnails Jaguar Silverstone-xkrsilverstone_p1_l.jpg  

Last edited by RCSign; 02-16-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:47 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Steal the brakes, sell them to me!

Old 04-09-2013, 11:38 PM

lol